The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook Connect - what does this message mean?

2 posters

Go down

Facebook Connect - what does this message mean? Empty Facebook Connect - what does this message mean?

Post by colograndma September 13th 2013, 7:16 pm

This seemed so easy, and I can see the "Log in with Facebook" on my login page.  

But when I click on it, I get this message:    "Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains."

Sorry, "newbie geek" here ... I'm sure it's something simple, but I don't know what it means!!!  thanks!
colograndma

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Facebook Connect - what does this message mean? Empty Re: Facebook Connect - what does this message mean?

Post by SLGray September 13th 2013, 10:03 pm

Do you have a Facebook page connected to this?

Facebook Connect - what does this message mean? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Facebook Connect - what does this message mean? Empty Re: Facebook Connect - what does this message mean?

Post by colograndma September 13th 2013, 10:24 pm

No, am I supposed to?  Didn't see a place to add it.  I have a Facebook group that will primarily be using the forum, but it's open to the public, so it's not limited to the members of that group.

If there's a tuturial I'm missing, let me know and I'll go off and read it.  Thanks!
colograndma

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray September 14th 2013, 3:45 am

Are you using the Facebook Connection option?

Look at the step to set it up:

Step 1:  To receive your App ID
create your application on Facebook by clicking here

Step 2:  Enter the App ID that you have received through Facebook in the following form.

Step 3:  Activate the Facebook Connect module and choose the options that suits you most.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by colograndma September 14th 2013, 8:35 pm

@SLGray - I have done all of these. 

I clicked on the link and received my App ID from Facebook.  I entered my App ID and Secret code, and I set the options.  I even deleted the existing one and created a new one just before responding here.  

On the Facebook side, I entered "Website with Facebook Login" and entered the address of http://www.wishfriends.forumotion.com ... QUESTION: is this where I am messing up?  Am I not supposed to do the Facebook side?  Because I've tried both ways - leaving the Facebook side blank, and filling it in, and neither works.

When I try to login using Facebook credentials, I am still getting this message.  "Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.:

Here is my forum URL if it would be helpful to look at it yourself:  www.wishfriends.forumotion.com

Last edited by colograndma on September 14th 2013, 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
colograndma

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray September 14th 2013, 8:39 pm

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down