The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing the alignment of member info in a post

5 posters

Go down

Changing the alignment of member info in a post Empty Changing the alignment of member info in a post

Post by kyletyson February 20th 2008, 1:18 pm

is there a way to change the alignment of member info in a post.

By default it is set to the right-hand side and was wondering how i can change it to the other side.

I mean the avatar and rank, name etc and not the signature.

EDIT: Also the "New Topic" button is in french along with the button next to it and when shwoing if a member is onle, that is in french as well.

Please help,

TIA Kyle

Last edited by kyletyson on February 20th 2008, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
kyletyson

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Changing the alignment of member info in a post Empty Re: Changing the alignment of member info in a post

Post by caje143 February 20th 2008, 1:35 pm

kyletyson wrote:
EDIT: Also the "New Topic" button is in french along with the button next to it and when shwoing if a member is onle, that is in french as well.

Please help,

TIA Kyle

This part of your question i can help you with Wink

go to -> Administration Panel ->Styles-> (under "pictures & Colors" on LHS category select List of Pictures) -> ON RHS now, click on Buttons TAB ->
Click on Button you want to Change Picture of( example "new topic" button) -> next page you get new icons or you can post your own.

Done.

Hope this helped ya Wink
caje143
Forumember

Male Posts : 68
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Changing the alignment of member info in a post Empty Re: Changing the alignment of member info in a post

Post by Luky February 20th 2008, 1:38 pm

kyletyson wrote:is there a way to change the alignment of member info in a post.

By default it is set to the right-hand side and was wondering how i can change it to the other side.

I mean the avatar and rank, name etc and not the signature.

You can only change this in phpBB 3.Go to admin panel=>Styles=>Pictures and colors=>Colors and look for this option "Profil’s position in the messages". If you don't find this option it means you are using phpBB 2. To switch to 3 go to admin panel=>Styles=>Choose your style=>Change version and choose phpBB 3.

Last edited by Luky on February 20th 2008, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by RAtSoaDM February 20th 2008, 1:40 pm

Hey I keep trying switching it to the left side...it just stays on the right
RAtSoaDM
RAtSoaDM
Forumember

Male Posts : 525

http://bootlegmatrix.netgoo.org/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky February 20th 2008, 1:41 pm

Like I said in my post above you must use phpBB 3 and choose "Left" from the "Profil’s position in the messages" option and then click the Save button.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by kyletyson February 20th 2008, 1:57 pm

Thanks Luky, Btw i went to change the icon of one of the buttons and there were only two examples, the default one and another one but it was in french.. will i have to create a new button for english text?
kyletyson

Back to top Go down

Post by RAtSoaDM February 20th 2008, 2:37 pm

haha I am using 3 tho. :-\ never have used 2
RAtSoaDM
RAtSoaDM
Forumember

Male Posts : 525

http://bootlegmatrix.netgoo.org/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky February 20th 2008, 2:40 pm

kyletyson wrote:Thanks Luky, Btw i went to change the icon of one of the buttons and there were only two examples, the default one and another one but it was in french.. will i have to create a new button for english text?
You're welcome. If there is no button in English it probably means that the theme you are using hasn't been translated in English so yes, I think you should make your own button.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by kyletyson February 20th 2008, 2:53 pm

ok np thanks
kyletyson

Back to top Go down

Post by aislingyngaio May 27th 2008, 3:31 pm

Hey thanks a lot for the help, now I'm so happy Smile
aislingyngaio

Female Posts : 5

http://guildeligible.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down