The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook Share Links to Login, Not Forum thread

3 posters

Go down

In progress Facebook Share Links to Login, Not Forum thread

Post by colograndma November 11th 2013, 4:51 am

I have started sharing some of our forum threads on our Facebook group page.  At first, it seemed to work correctly - the link on FB would show the name of the thread being shared.  But now, following the same procedure, the link on FB is always just to our Login Page. (Yes, i am ligged in when i try this).

Do you know what might have caused the FB Share to stop functioning properly?  I did switch to a temporary holiday theme that was Invision instead of our normal phbb2 theme.  Could this ne what is causing the glitch?

Thank you for any information you might be able to share!!
colograndma

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Facebook Share Links to Login, Not Forum thread

Post by Sanket November 11th 2013, 8:31 am

Whats the link that you share, let me try it.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress facebook

Post by mikeydt1 November 11th 2013, 10:45 am

just saw this thread and also tried the facebook share on a topic and it also goes to a log in page and not showing the share title thread, can only presume that it will only work if you are actually logged in to facebook so you can share the topic on their site.

tried tweet and that works perfect so think it may be to do with facebook doing things.

you can actually create a page on your site and create a facebook share button by getting the code from the web although this wouldn't help with topics.

mike
mikeydt1
Forumember

Male Posts : 61
Language : english

Back to top Go down