The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

litigation against posters not forums?

3 posters

Go down

In progress litigation against posters not forums?

Post by Flappypaddles November 28th 2013, 10:16 pm

I have received a litigation today supposedly coming from one ex member and I have filled in all the necessary details with screen shots and posted it back from the litigation page, however today a totally different person has posted all the stuff I sent to the litigation team on the section where guests can post.
this poster has been threatening to try and get my forum shut for some time now as he was banned many years ago. I regually receive abusive and threatening PM's from him via the contact form and since I have allowed guests to post questions numerous threatening and abusive posts as well.
All have been saved. The PM's obviously I do not have IP's for but the language matches much of his posts in the past. the new posts he has made all match his IP address's and I ahve saved them all in a hidden section of the forum.

My question is how does one take litigation action against a specific poster rather than a forum as there is no way from the litigation page to do this.
I was told previously that forumotion have the facilities to ban ip address's from all forum motion forums.
However I would like to know how to contact them directly about the litigation against my forum and how to litigate against this poster.

It seems that any tom phil or harry can try and shut your forum down, but it is very hard to defend against allegations made, especially when they are based on lies to start with.
Flappypaddles
Flappypaddles
Forumember

Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: litigation against posters not forums?

Post by SLGray November 29th 2013, 1:05 am

You did not receive a litigation report, because you will never receive the report itself. How did you receive this report?

litigation against posters not forums? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Flappypaddles November 29th 2013, 1:49 pm

SLGray wrote:You did not receive a litigation report, because you will never receive the report itself.  How did you receive this report?
I didn't say I received a litigation report, I said I received a litigation. I received a message on the home page of the admin panel saying that someone had reported the forum. I replied to the charges and then the person who claimed he was a different poster posted what I had put in the litigation in the guest section of my forum.

My point is that it is virtually impossible for the forum that is reported to respond to these reports when further evidence come up.
I have been in contact with the person who is supposed to have reported the forum and she categorically states she did not report the forum.

So how do I convey that to the litigation team when there is no way to do so.

It seems that forums can be closed down without the admins having any way to stop them.

the very fact that the person who reported this is not the person he claimed to be and then posts what I sent to the litigation team on the original litigation would suggest this is an attempt to close us down for personal reasons and not genuine ones.
Flappypaddles
Flappypaddles
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow November 29th 2013, 2:32 pm

Flappypaddles wrote:
SLGray wrote:You did not receive a litigation report, because you will never receive the report itself.  How did you receive this report?
I didn't say I received a litigation report, I said I received a litigation. I received a message on the home page of the admin panel saying that someone had reported the forum. I replied to the charges and then the person who claimed he was a different poster posted what I had put in the litigation in the guest section of my forum.

My point is that it is virtually impossible for the forum that is reported to respond to these reports when further evidence come up.
I have been in contact with the person who is supposed to have reported the forum and she categorically states she did not report the forum.

So how do I convey that to the litigation team when there is no way to do so.

It seems that forums can be closed down without the admins having any way to stop them.

the very fact that the person who reported this is not the person he claimed to be and then posts what I sent to the litigation team on the original litigation would suggest this is an attempt to close us down for personal reasons and not genuine ones.
Hello Flappypaddles,

Our litigation team just transfers the message from a complainant to the founder a forum.
The founder is free to mark the litigation as solved.
Forumotion won't delete your forum for that reason.
A forum can only be deleted if it is breaking down Forumotion ToS, or if we receive a warning from the Justice.

Otherwise, don't worry your forum will be not removed. Wink

Regards

Buttercup
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 29th 2013, 8:25 pm

You say that you responded to the report from the litigation team.  Is that correct? Are you talking about a litigation report or a report from the report an abuse link?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flappypaddles November 29th 2013, 8:59 pm

SLGray wrote:You say that you responded to the report from the litigation team.  Is that correct?  Are you talking about a litigation report or a report from the report an abuse link?
well on the miscellaneous section of the forum there is a litigation section and I clicked the particular litigation and filled in the box that opened with my side and some screen shots and sent it. those are the messages that the person who made the claim then posted on my guest section of the forum.

however I have just looked at the admin home page and the countdown clock has now disappeared..

so presumably that means it has been solved to the litigation teams satisfaction?

However is there a way to make something similar about a person who is regually sending abusive messages and posts? I do have a log of the IP address's used.

Flappypaddles
Flappypaddles
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 29th 2013, 9:15 pm

You can only report a forum.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down