The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limit the number of external links in a post

3 posters

Go down

Would you like an option added in the Admin panel, that allows admins to set the number of external links per post?

Limit the number of external links in a post Left11100%Limit the number of external links in a post Right11 100% 
[ 3 ]
Limit the number of external links in a post Left110%Limit the number of external links in a post Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Limit the number of external links in a post Empty Limit the number of external links in a post

Post by Biker Wed Jan 15 2014, 00:42

Consider to add the option for the admin of the forum, to allow only a number of external links per post.
In some forums (about travelling for example) members hotlink photos from photobucket/imageshack/tinypic and can put up to 50 or more photos per post. That causes the page to become very "heavy" for older PC's or for limited bandwidth internet connections and some members can't see any photos at all, because the link breaks.

I tried in my forum to inform the members about this problem,but they always keep "forgeting" it, and post many photos in one post, causing the problem i mentioned before. I would like to have the ability via admin control panel to set the number of external link, say to about 3 or 5 per post.

Last edited by Biker on Wed Jan 15 2014, 09:53; edited 2 times in total
Biker
Forumember

Male Posts : 96
Language : greek

http://www.mototrail.net

Back to top Go down

Limit the number of external links in a post Empty Re: Limit the number of external links in a post

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15 2014, 00:57

Would you please add a poll so we can vote? =)

Back to top Go down

Limit the number of external links in a post Empty Re: Limit the number of external links in a post

Post by Biker Wed Jan 15 2014, 23:13

Done. bye
Biker
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ Wed Jan 15 2014, 23:38

This would be nice for users who have poor internet connection since images are one of the main reason why their browsers load slow. Voted yes.
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16 2014, 18:33

I also voted yes, having come from using Dial-Up for so long. I think this would be super helpful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biker Fri Jan 24 2014, 03:38

Bump
Biker
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy Thu May 15 2014, 09:28

Suggestion clean up
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum