The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adfly and Online Guardian are blocking my accounts.

+2
Ange Tuteur
Solance Ainsworth
6 posters

Go down

In progress Adfly and Online Guardian are blocking my accounts.

Post by Solance Ainsworth January 23rd 2014, 9:46 pm

Hello,

I've recently posted on the Dutch supportforum from forumotion, but they couldn't help me/ I was redirected here.
Adf.ly pops up every now and then when I try to log in on a few accounts. (I'm the only one having to deal with it, and I'm the admin from that RPG, so it's kinda really annoying.)

I have tried everything people told me to do, but nothing seems to work. (Cleaning browser history, don't even know how that could possible help, but hey, who am I to jugde? and more.) Only thing working from time to time is changing my email. So now I've signed myself in with a ten minute mail thingy. It is working, I can log in now.

But...

Forummotion detected suspicious activity going on on my accounts. Yeh. Thanks adfly. Love you too. I could fix this one time with the 'Kaya Scodelario' account, but now it's not working anymore and 2 of my RP-accounts can't log in becouse of the Online Guardian thing. 

Who can help me? I'm not happy and I really hope that there is a solution for my problem.

Sorry for faults in the grammar.

Edit: I changed the usernames and now I'm able to log in on Kaya again. But I don't think that the problem is 'solved' with simply changing usernames and email adresses...
Solance Ainsworth

Language : Dutch

http://horsehome.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adfly and Online Guardian are blocking my accounts.

Post by Ange Tuteur January 23rd 2014, 10:14 pm

Hello Solance Ainsworth,

For this, you have to send to Buttercup the following information concerning the account affected.

- IP
- Email
- Username
- Password

Note that you must have 2 posts before you can send a private message.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by musket January 23rd 2014, 10:20 pm

If you use firefox browser, you could try ad-block plus as an add on.  if you use IE you could add the site/s of ad-fly to your blocked hosts lists to see if that helps. Ad-fly usually gets added on your PC in tool-bars or comes with program updates, try looking in your installed programs in your PC control panel for anything unusual listed there or dictionary helpers in firefox add ons,( I got rid of adverts one time by deleting an English spell-checker) that can bring about pop-ups or pop-unders when surfing or browsing.

You could also scan your PC with Malewarebytes down-loadable from the web  it can catch delete a lot of maleware and pop-up software.
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130
Language : English

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray January 24th 2014, 12:36 am

musket wrote:If you use firefox browser, you could try ad-block plus as an add on.  if you use IE you could add the site/s of ad-fly to your blocked hosts lists to see if that helps. Ad-fly usually gets added on your PC in tool-bars or comes with program updates, try looking in your installed programs in your PC control panel for anything unusual listed there or dictionary helpers in firefox add ons,( I got rid of adverts one time by deleting an English spell-checker) that can bring about pop-ups or pop-unders when surfing or browsing.

You could also scan your PC with Malewarebytes down-loadable from the web  it can catch delete a lot of maleware and pop-up software.
Exactly it is a service used by Forumotion, not a virus/malaware.  Also it is not downloaded to your computer.  It is a service that people used to earn money.

Adfly and Online Guardian are blocking my accounts. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow January 24th 2014, 11:46 am

Ange Tuteur wrote:Hello Solance Ainsworth,

For this, you have to send to Buttercup the following information concerning the account affected.

- IP
- Email
- Username
- Password

Note that you must have 2 posts before you can send a private message.

Hello

As Ange Tuteur said, send me those information via PM.

Thanks
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by PrcBby January 31st 2014, 3:43 am

I have been told by Adf.ly that it is Forumotion that is monotizing their site with the Adf.ly and that the problem is within forumotion.   They said that they know this, by the affiliate number  from the URL I gave them when I couldn't get passed it.  The Founders account had to change my email for me to be able to get in.   If this is a pay per click gimmick, I think it is not a very good one when so many people are getting locked out of their accounts.
PrcBby
PrcBby
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow January 31st 2014, 11:34 am

Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down