The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topic Post Count Issue

2 posters

Go down

Topic Post Count Issue Empty Topic Post Count Issue

Post by Mishimi2008 March 7th 2008, 10:03 am

Ok, so I had a topic that went over 1,000 posts.... Last time I checked it had 1,083 posts..... I noticed just now that it for some reason cut some of the messages off of itself. It refreshed and now says it has 115 posts and less views than it originally had at over 1,000 posts....

I DO NOT have the prunning feature enabled, and I cant seem to find an option that will let me turn this feature (Whatever it is) off..... I do not want my topics to be self-shortened/self-cut like that as one particular topic in my forum will more than likely reach into the high thousands someday soon.

Can someone help me and tell me why my trivia topic went from over 1,000+ posts to 115 when I have prunning disabled, and how to fix it so it wont do that in the future?
Mishimi2008
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Topic Post Count Issue Empty Re: Topic Post Count Issue

Post by Luky March 7th 2008, 10:38 am

After a topic reaches a number of 990 posts it will be automatically split and locked. I don't think there is anyway of stopping this. Your topic should still be in the same forum as the original one. Here is a list with some limits.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Mishimi2008 March 8th 2008, 5:21 am

Luky wrote:After a topic reaches a number of 990 posts it will be automatically split and locked. I don't think there is anyway of stopping this. Your topic should still be in the same forum as the original one. Here is a list with some limits.

Hmmmm..... 990 posts huh? That's crazy considering my topic went over 1,000+ posts before it did that..... I guess the system was lagging when it came to that topic maybe?

Either way thanks! Kinda sucks there is a post limit, but oh well, we will make it work then! Appreciate it!
Mishimi2008
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky March 8th 2008, 9:54 am

Well it was probably a little delay and that's why it took more then 990 posts. But now that you know, you could split a topic when it's close to that number so it doesn't get split and locked automatically.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum