The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappearing of text.

+2
Shadow
rulezmaker
6 posters

Go down

Solved Disappearing of text.

Post by rulezmaker September 30th 2014, 1:42 pm

Hi, first off I tried to search about this problem across the archive, but I'm afraid I wasn't able to find the solution. It may already have been solved, however, I'm really very sorry for this. Since I do know that after creating this thread I've just given you more work. I'll begin with my problem now, again I'm sorry for this if it has been solved before.

For some reason, text has been disappeared from a few certain threads. Which in turn made me come here, of course; It was very shocking for me to see it, hence I've brought this up here. It will be really helpful for me if any of you could reply here asap. Thank you.

Forum's Link: [url=fairytailonline.editboard.com]fairytailonline.editboard.com[/url]
Description of Issue:Text has been disappeared from a few certain threads. I've seen the problem myself. Not just this, the whole text has disappeared in the edit mode as well. And if I try to write anything in the edit mode, it just still doesn't come up. Making me do absolutely nothing.

Uhh and excuse me for my noobness. /sigh.
rulezmaker

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disappearing of text.

Post by Shadow September 30th 2014, 2:50 pm

Helllo Rulezmaker

Infact, we had a little issue this weekend. Some topics desappeared. Unfortunatly, there is no chance to get topics back.

I do apologize for the trouble.

if any question feel free to ask.

Best regards

Buttercup
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by rulezmaker September 30th 2014, 2:59 pm

Ah, thank you Buttercup. I think you misunderstood my question or perhaps not, anyways. What I meant was that the stuff written in a post is disappeared. Also, so if I have to like...uhm get those posts again, I would have to re-write the whole topics? And one last thing, what if the problem still presists and another topic becomes like this, would this continue to happen...?
rulezmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape September 30th 2014, 5:05 pm

rulezmaker wrote:Ah, thank you Buttercup. I think you misunderstood my question or perhaps not, anyways. What I meant was that the stuff written in a post is disappeared. Also, so if I have to like...uhm get those posts again, I would have to re-write the whole topics? And one last thing, what if the problem still presists and another topic becomes like this, would this continue to happen...?
Hello,

As buttercup has said this was down to a bug we had on our servers at the weekend it lost some post data.

The post will still be there but the text you had typed may have or has been removed and we can not get this data back.

The data was lost when we had to fix the problem on the servers.

We are really sorry about this and we have worked hard to get this back but we can not do so.

We have now fixed the problem that gave us that problem in the first place.

We are now happy that this should not happen again.

You can do the following things
Edit the post and retype it out or delete the post made.

Data lost
we think /hope that we have only lost a day or 2 but max 4 days thats posts from friday night to Monday

Disappearing of text. Left1212Disappearing of text. Center11Disappearing of text. Right112
Disappearing of text. Ape_b110
Disappearing of text. Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by rulezmaker September 30th 2014, 6:59 pm

Oh. I get it now. Thank you for your reply. Weird thing is when I try to edit those posts and press on "send", anything I write on it, doesn't appear for me again. This keeps happening, so my guess is I will have to create a whole new topic for them.

But nevetheless, thanks once again. I will now delete them and create new one's. Brilliant work you guys do lol.
rulezmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape September 30th 2014, 7:03 pm

Yes i ran a test on my forum about the same thing and the edit button will not work as the data on the servers are saying the post no longer is there even thou it is you will have to delete the post and make a new one sorry for my mistake on the edit side of it Sad

APE

If this is  solved or complete please mark the thread as solved by clicking on the edit button in your first post and clicking on the solved icon then click send button

Thank you

Disappearing of text. Left1212Disappearing of text. Center11Disappearing of text. Right112
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramdaman September 30th 2014, 7:18 pm

If you mean part of the thread gets removed when you press "EDIT", then add the following JavaScript:

Code:
$(function() {
  var a = $("#text_editor_textarea"), t;
  a.length && (t = a.val()) && $(function() {
    a.sceditor && a.sceditor("instance") && a.sceditor("instance").val(t);
  });
});
Ramdaman
Ramdaman
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1615
Language : English, Albanian, Macedonian, Russian | HTML, CSS

http://ndihme.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape September 30th 2014, 7:26 pm

That code will not fix the problem the problem was made when we had a server problem over the weekend the data was lost so when the post is blank and you click edit to re-ad the text it will no longer save the text you have added as the system don't see the post made as the logs are not there any more.

APE

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rulezmaker September 30th 2014, 8:31 pm

Exactly. But really, thanks. It really saved me from a BIG problem. I was like going to let it be and do what I used to do. But now I could keep tabs on my forum. (Y).
rulezmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by spriggamortis September 30th 2014, 11:11 pm

Just for the support staffs info.

We also have the same problem across our forums unfort, here in Perth Western Australia (mfpclan.com).  On top of the deleted posts, It has merged text( and wierd chracters) from certain posts, and randomly merged/placed them in the middle of other unrelated posts.

Information only.  Based on your replies here, the problem can't be fixed, so we will rectify from our end.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers
Spriggy
spriggamortis

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 4th 2014, 6:12 pm

Topic solved and archived

Disappearing of text. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down