The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid

3 posters

Go down

Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid Empty Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid

Post by Gydjulind October 3rd 2014, 12:47 am

I have a user of my forum who is unable to register with her e-mail address as she keeps getting the message "sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid" (and more users bumped into the same problem).

I read through this complete thread: https://help.forumotion.com/t106305p180-registration-email-error-sorry-but-this-e-mail-address-is-invalid which reports many similar problems, but I can't post in that topic as it has been locked.

Is there anything that can be done about this?
Gydjulind

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid Empty Re: Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid

Post by Ape October 3rd 2014, 9:40 am

Please could you send me a PM with the Email address that is getting this problem so i can run a test and then send this on to our pro admin.

Much thanks

APE

Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid Left1212Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid Center11Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid Right112
Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid Ape_b110
Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid Empty Re: Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid

Post by Shadow October 3rd 2014, 10:20 am

Hello

Could you please provider mail provider of your member? Thanks in advance
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Gydjulind October 3rd 2014, 11:48 am

Buttercup wrote:Hello

Could you please provider mail provider of your member? Thanks in advance

Is it okay if I PM it to you? I think it's a personal domain, as the name of the person involved is in it, and I don't feel comfortable to post it here publicly.
What I can say here, is that it begins with 'mail @'... and ends with ....'.net'
Gydjulind

Back to top Go down

Post by Gydjulind October 3rd 2014, 11:52 am

APE wrote:Please could you send me a PM with the Email address that is getting this problem so i can run a test and then send this on to our pro admin.

Much thanks

APE

Sorry, didn't see this one. Yes, will do that, thanks.
Gydjulind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 3rd 2014, 11:32 pm

I have sent you a pm on an easy way to have this fixed if you don't want to hold on for Buttercup to get back to you as she is out of the office until monday. I have sent this pm you have sent me to our pro admin to be looked at for you thou so nno need to pm buttercup with it Wink

APE

Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid Left1212Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid Center11Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid Right112
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gydjulind October 4th 2014, 12:27 am

APE wrote:I have sent you a pm on an easy way to have this fixed

Yes, I received your PM, thank you. B.t.w. I tried to reply to your PM but couldn't - it said that you don't want to receive PM's?? So I'll put the quote from your PM here:

APE wrote:what you could do is make the account for the member using your own Email address and then change the Email address when the account is made in the acp Wink
This is a faster way to do it and the member can change the password in the members profile when you have Emailed them with the account info.

That is exactly what I tried to do but it didn't work - when I changed the e-mail address in the acp I got the exact same message as before, saying that the e-mail address is invalid, so I wasn't able to change my own e-mail address into hers.
Gydjulind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 5th 2014, 10:15 pm

Okay thanks i have asked buttercup the help on this matter as i will be away for about a week on a personal matter so she will get back to you on this when she comes in the office monday French time.

Hope you get this fixed soon.

APE

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gydjulind October 5th 2014, 11:06 pm

Thank you APE Smile .
Gydjulind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 8th 2014, 12:29 pm

After talking to buttercup on line about your problem we have looked over this and we have found that your problem is the Email address in not a known  Email address and we would ask you to get the member to make a new Email account with one of the following providers Gmail, Hotmail, Live,

Right now there is No way the tech staff can deal with this as there backed up with other problems with the bugs that come with moving servers and the new data center.

We are really sorry we could not have this fixed for you right now.

APE

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gydjulind October 8th 2014, 8:33 pm

Thanks for informing me APE.
What I would still like to know is what exactly you mean by 'the Email address in not a known Email address'?
Gydjulind

Back to top Go down

Post by Gydjulind October 8th 2014, 8:38 pm

I'd like to add something else:

I can understand that there are other problems that need attention. However I want to emphasize that before I started this topic it struck me how 'common' this problem with the rejected e-mail addresses actually is, as I found many topics on this help forum concerning this issue. Most of these topics were eventually closed without having solved the issue.
It seems very crucial to me that anyone who wants to register as a forum member should be able to do so with their existing e-mail address. After all the whole point of a forum is to bring as many people as possible together to discuss a shared subject of interest. Having to make another e-mail account, only to get access to a forum, really puts people off and a lot of them just won't make this effort.

Long story short Wink : I think this issue needs a higher priority than it is given so far.

Thanks anyway for your efforts!
Gydjulind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 9th 2014, 9:04 pm

A number of the complaints have been sent on to our team where the problem was looked at the problem is we have a spam filter that will read the Email address and if it's not known it will flag up as a none found Email address i'm sure when things get better with all the new bugs we will get around to looking at this problem again right now there is only one thread open with this problem, If there was more posts about this then we would be putting this problem up on the list of things that have to be looked at.

we are sorry this is a problem to you and your member and we wish we could fix this problem but right now the problem is getting the forums back up and running as it was before the change over and fixing the bugs that come with the change over.

APE

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum