The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help making clan bases on my site

4 posters

Go down

Need help making clan bases on my site Empty Need help making clan bases on my site

Post by Def!anc3 March 11th 2008, 5:48 pm

Hi I was wondering if you would be able to help me out making the forums on my site....i would like to make clan bases

Please get back to me ASAP

Thank you,

Def!anc3

Last edited by Def!anc3 on March 11th 2008, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Def!anc3

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Need help making clan bases on my site Empty Re: Need help making clan bases on my site

Post by zakir321 March 11th 2008, 6:31 pm

Can you be a little more specific, please? Clan Bases? Where do you have problems? Smile
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Need help making clan bases on my site Empty Re: Need help making clan bases on my site

Post by travis_cooper March 11th 2008, 6:41 pm

Sunny_D wrote:Can you be a little more specific, please? Clan Bases? Where do you have problems? Smile

I would like some clarification too. I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Are you wanting some special groups, clans, that you can assign people to and you want sections for each clan?
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Forumember

Male Posts : 698

http://photochallenge.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Def!anc3 March 11th 2008, 6:45 pm

like you know how you make different categories...like in Scrim teams you would want different forums for each one that you can enter when you click on scrim teams

I wanna know how to do that i am unable to figure it out
Def!anc3

Back to top Go down

Post by travis_cooper March 11th 2008, 7:53 pm

I'm still not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish. I would love to help you, but I need to understand what you are trying to do first. I don't know what a scrim team is. Please explain it in a more generic way so I know what you are trying to do.

Also, why do you keep starting up threads about the exact same question? It won't get you help any faster, it will just upset people.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Def!anc3 March 11th 2008, 7:59 pm

Alright what im trying to do is:

You have one category named Scrim Team: (look below)

Category:Scrimteam

Now when you click on that i want to be able to have 2 more forums inside of it that you can have: (look below)

Category:Scrimteam (before you click on it)

THP scrimteam:
HERO scrimteam: (after you click on it)

i wanna have it like that so two different scrimteams to be able to have their own forums inside of that Scrimteam category
Def!anc3

Back to top Go down

Post by travis_cooper March 11th 2008, 8:06 pm

So you want a category with two forums inside it? Go to admin panel->forum->categories and forums. Here is where you manage the structure of the categories and forums. There should be a darker blue line with your forum title and on the right a plus sign (+). Click that plus sign to add the category. After you have set up the category go back to this screen and on the line of the category you will see the same + sign. Click that to add a forum, do this twice to get two forums in that category. This should give you the structure you want for your forum. Now go to admin panel->general->hierarchy and this is where you can select how the forums look on the index page. You have six different options to try and get it to show up the way you like best. So play with those to get the look you like. HTH.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Def!anc3 March 11th 2008, 8:09 pm

i went admin panel->general but unable to locate when hierarchy is
Def!anc3

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles March 11th 2008, 8:46 pm

Please stop using all caps for your titles, as this is construed as screaming/shouting to most on the internet. Please edit your first post, to change your title to lowercase.

Also a reminder to stop double/triple posting and posting useless threads such as "Why does no one help me??" Your other threads have been locked by me and Sunny_D.

Continuance of this behavior will result in a warning.

Thanks

Skittles
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by travis_cooper March 11th 2008, 9:17 pm

Def!anc3 wrote:i went admin panel->general but unable to locate when hierarchy is

Its in the homepage section, the second group of links on the left. Its the second link in the homepage section.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Def!anc3 March 11th 2008, 9:33 pm

Thank you this has solved one of my problems
Def!anc3

Back to top Go down

Post by travis_cooper March 11th 2008, 9:38 pm

np
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Def!anc3 March 11th 2008, 9:40 pm

do you know how to make forum skins??
Def!anc3

Back to top Go down

Post by travis_cooper March 11th 2008, 9:44 pm

Not really. I could figure it out, but I lack creativity and time.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Def!anc3 March 11th 2008, 9:57 pm

alright man thanks anyways you were a great help
Def!anc3

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum