The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to send an email to a specific group?

2 posters

Go down

How to send an email to a specific group? Empty How to send an email to a specific group?

Post by Data2link 14/3/2008, 15:22

I have a group I would like to send an outside email to- not PM. I also have a long list of inactive users I want to email- is there a way to send an email to them without having to do a Newsletter (Which goes to everybody)?

I searched the forum and couldnt' find what I was looking for Wink
Data2link
Forumember

Female Posts : 272
Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to send an email to a specific group? Empty Re: How to send an email to a specific group?

Post by Luky 14/3/2008, 15:34

I don't think that you can send an e-mail only to a group, but you can send an e-mail to your inactive users by going to admin panel=>Users & Groups=>Users=>Prune the users. From that page choose Inform and then choose a method to search on your members list. Then click the "Generate the users list" button. On the next page you can see the result for your search and the e-mail that you want to send.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

How to send an email to a specific group? Empty Re: How to send an email to a specific group?

Post by Guest 14/3/2008, 15:40

ok, all you need to do is put all the people you want to email in one group.

Admin Panel Arrow users and groups Arrow group administration Arrow create new group

put all the people you want to email in that group and then click on the group name. It will take you to the group page. then there will be a button to the right that says email. And there you go.

NOTE: all the selected members must have an email put in to the forum or this won't work for them

hope this helps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Data2link 14/3/2008, 18:39

Ok thanks you guys- I will try both ways.

Edit- I used the first one- for Inactive users- worked great- thanks!

Last edited by Data2link on 14/3/2008, 18:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Data2link
Forumember

Female Posts : 272
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky 15/3/2008, 02:26

You're welcome
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down