The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

html how do I enable it?

4 posters

Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty html how do I enable it?

Post by Hardwood March 15th 2008, 8:26 pm

I would like to allow it on my forum. How do I do this?
Thanks in advance.
Hardwood
Hardwood
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Hardwood March 15th 2008, 9:01 pm

Hardwood wrote:I would like to allow it on my forum. How do I do this?
Thanks in advance.
I have it enabled but I can only see the image when I preview it. I just see the code when I post it.
Hardwood
Hardwood
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Bpoetic March 15th 2008, 9:02 pm

Users/Groups > Users > User settings . . .

Third box down: user settings: Allow HTML Yes No
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594
Reputation : 46
Language : English
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Bpoetic March 15th 2008, 9:05 pm

Hi Hardwood . . .

Make sure the HTML box at the top of the text box is GREEN. That will keep an image or any other code raw on the page.

Hope that works . . .
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594
Reputation : 46
Language : English
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Hardwood March 15th 2008, 9:28 pm

Bpoetic wrote:Hi Hardwood . . .

Make sure the HTML box at the top of the text box is GREEN. That will keep an image or any other code raw on the page.

Hope that works . . .
I don't understand why the page gets three screen lengths long whe I use the html code. If I "preview" the post I can see the image but I have to scroll off the page. When I post it I can't see it at all. Sad
Hardwood
Hardwood
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Hardwood March 15th 2008, 9:35 pm

It seems I need to limit the width of the page somehow.
Hardwood
Hardwood
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Hardwood March 15th 2008, 9:47 pm

<center><embed src="http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/fancycube/show.swf?baseURL=http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/fancycube/&clickURL=http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/fancycube/&flashLABEL=PagePlugins.com&rect=on&pic1=http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/fancycube/uploads/logo.jpg&pic2=http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/fancycube/uploads/logo.jpg&pic3=http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/fancycube/uploads/logo.jpg&pic4=http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/fancycube/uploads/logo.jpg&pic5=http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/fancycube/uploads/logo.jpg&pic6=http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/fancycube/uploads/logo.jpg&shadow=on&alpha=on&xrot=on&yrot=on&xangle=0&yangle=0&cl=16777215" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="400" height="400" name="show" align="middle" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed><br><small><a href="http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/fancycube/">Myspace Photo Cube</a></small></center>
Hardwood
Hardwood
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Hardwood March 15th 2008, 9:48 pm

It does the same thing here! I realize that html is not enabled here but why does the page get so long?
Hardwood
Hardwood
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Bpoetic March 15th 2008, 11:38 pm

Where in your forum are you trying to place this code? On the portal or the Homepage message?
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594
Reputation : 46
Language : English
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Bpoetic March 15th 2008, 11:52 pm

Hardwood . . . I just went to my test site and put this code in my Homepade Message . . . it WORKS! Yes, the code is long as can be AND I'm not sure why you'd want a moving cube that says:Pageplugins . . . that's your thing though, lol!

Are you making sure that the HTML icon looks like this: html how do I enable it? Green_10 and not this: html how do I enable it? Red_ht11 ?

I had the problem last night with raw code and my page going off the screen. I was editing under the RED HTML icon rather than the GREEN.

Try that . . . . Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594
Reputation : 46
Language : English
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Hardwood March 16th 2008, 1:08 am

Bpoetic wrote:Hardwood . . . I just went to my test site and put this code in my Homepade Message . . . it WORKS! Yes, the code is long as can be AND I'm not sure why you'd want a moving cube that says:Pageplugins . . . that's your thing though, lol!

Are you making sure that the HTML icon looks like this: html how do I enable it? Green_10 and not this: html how do I enable it? Red_ht11 ?

I had the problem last night with raw code and my page going off the screen. I was editing under the RED HTML icon rather than the GREEN.

Try that . . . . Bpoetic
I can get it to work on my home page.
I can NOT get it to work in the forum.
The pics I have in it are not appropriate for this forum so I used the setup page.
It works great if I look at the preview but if I post it I just get the code. Same thing happens in PMs too.
Hardwood
Hardwood
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Bpoetic March 16th 2008, 2:03 am

Ah, I don't understand you seeing it in preview and NOT in the post. Maybe this is a glitch and you need a tech . . . I am using one of their plugins on my portal. I haven't tried it in my forum . . . I will and report what happens ~
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594
Reputation : 46
Language : English
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Hardwood March 16th 2008, 2:06 am

Bpoetic wrote:Ah, I don't understand you seeing it in preview and NOT in the post. Maybe this is a glitch and you need a tech . . . I am using one of their plugins on my portal. I haven't tried it in my forum . . . I will and report what happens ~
Thank you, this is strange.
You are VERY helpful.
Hardwood
Hardwood
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Bpoetic March 16th 2008, 2:12 am

I just put my code:

Code:
<center><embed src="http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/dancing_text/show.swf?baseURL=http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/dancing_text/&clickURL=http://www.pageplugins.com/&flashLABEL=PagePlugins.com&txt=Bpoetry%2024%2D7%2Ecom&backColor=16777215&textColor=13369395&backAlpha=100&textAlpha=100&effect1=8&effect2=4&start1=1&start2=1" quality="high" width="400" height="69" name="loader" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed><br><small><a href="http://www.pageplugins.com/"></a></small></center>
in a forum topic. I clicked the *CloseTags* above the message box . . . it worked for me and the flash is showing as it should look.

I hope THAT will help!
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594
Reputation : 46
Language : English
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Hardwood March 16th 2008, 2:22 am

Bpoetic wrote:I just put my code:

Code:
<center><embed src="http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/dancing_text/show.swf?baseURL=http://www.pageplugins.com/generators/dancing_text/&clickURL=http://www.pageplugins.com/&flashLABEL=PagePlugins.com&txt=Bpoetry%2024%2D7%2Ecom&backColor=16777215&textColor=13369395&backAlpha=100&textAlpha=100&effect1=8&effect2=4&start1=1&start2=1" quality="high" width="400" height="69" name="loader" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed><br><small><a href="http://www.pageplugins.com/"></a></small></center>
in a forum topic. I clicked the *CloseTags* above the message box . . . it worked for me and the flash is showing as it should look.

I hope THAT will help!
Nope. It did not work. Dang!!!!!
It did say it closed all BBCode tags though.
It made no difference.
Thanks for trying.
Hardwood
Hardwood
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Bpoetic March 16th 2008, 2:24 am

I'm sorry . . . .
Bpoetic
Bpoetic
Forumember

Female Posts : 594
Reputation : 46
Language : English
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile http://www.bpoetry.net/

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Hardwood March 16th 2008, 2:25 am

Bpoetic wrote:I'm sorry . . . .
Thank you so VERY much for your efforts. Hello
Hardwood
Hardwood
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by zakir321 March 16th 2008, 1:32 pm

have you also enabled HTML in your Profile in the Preferences tab (Always allow html)?

Also, try to deactivate the preview mode first (the small A/A Button in the top right corner of your reply box), then enter the code.
avatar
zakir321
New Member

Posts : 0
Reputation : 2
Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by Hardwood March 16th 2008, 3:49 pm

Sunny_D wrote:

Also, try to deactivate the preview mode first (the small A/A Button in the top right corner of your reply box), then enter the code.
Success, that did it. Thank you so very much!!!!!!!
This place is awesome!!!!!!
Hardwood
Hardwood
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

html how do I enable it? Empty Re: html how do I enable it?

Post by HaXBoX7 July 21st 2008, 9:43 pm

Now the new admin panel came,i cant enable html =/
HaXBoX7
HaXBoX7
Forumember

Male Posts : 718
Reputation : 10
Language : English,Greek
Location : Veroia, Greece

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum