The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Directory question regarding points??

3 posters

Go down

Forum Directory question regarding points?? Empty Forum Directory question regarding points??

Post by Dana March 17th 2008, 12:42 am

I know i have asked this before. In my points management it says i have no points. But in the Forum Directory i have lots of points. I have member's that are always posting. I have over 30 thousand messages, but yet no points???? Can someone please help me with this? I'm also having problems with paypal to buy some points so i need to get that fixed. but with the other can someone tell me if there is anything else i need to do. thanks again..
Dana
Forumember

Female Posts : 206
Language : English

http://Soapdishandmore.new-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Forum Directory question regarding points?? Empty Re: Forum Directory question regarding points??

Post by Skittles March 17th 2008, 7:06 am

Those are two totally separate kind of points. The points in the Forum Directory have nothing to do with the points that you can purchase for extra features. Points in the forum directory are used to estimate your forum's audience.

Can you be more specific about your paypal problem? I am not familiar with paypal myself, as I do not have a paypal account. But I am sure someone will be able to help, but I know they will need to know more specifically what your problem is.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Forum Directory question regarding points?? Empty Re: Forum Directory question regarding points??

Post by Dana March 17th 2008, 11:45 pm

skittlespc wrote:Those are two totally separate kind of points. The points in the Forum Directory have nothing to do with the points that you can purchase for extra features. Points in the forum directory are used to estimate your forum's audience.

Can you be more specific about your paypal problem? I am not familiar with paypal myself, as I do not have a paypal account. But I am sure someone will be able to help, but I know they will need to know more specifically what your problem is.

Thank you for clearing that up Skittles, on the forum directory points.
With the points for the forum, how does that work exactly? I have been reading up on all of that. My admin panel says i used points last in dec of 07. My member's enjoy putting pictures in the gallery and its saying there is not any space left or the pictures are to big.

With my paypal i think that is something that i have to call there personally about. It has alot to do with my password. Its nothing with the site its self. But as soon as i get it fixed then i can buy some points.

Thank you so much again for the help with the points. sorry for being a pain about it. hopefully now i can get somewhere.
Dana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles March 17th 2008, 11:54 pm

Here read THIS, I think it might help explain things much better than I can. hehehe

And don't worry about it. You have not been a pain at all. This is what we are here for.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Dana March 19th 2008, 1:31 am

one more question then i think im done for now. with the new points system on giving the member's points. does that go more than 0/100? Also, exactly how does that interact with the points for the forum? I just want to make sure that im clear on this. i think this was answered before i can't find the thread where it was at. thanks you guys are always so helpful.
Dana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 March 19th 2008, 2:34 am

Those have nothing to do with the forum points - I guess you are refering to this tutorial?

It describes a way to create a reputation system for example - to manually modify a specific members progress, points, reputation or for whatever else you want to use it. You could also use it for a roleplaying game or a warning system.... well, hope that wasn't too confusing! Very Happy
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down