The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum appearance concerns - Help!

3 posters

Go down

In progress Forum appearance concerns - Help!

Post by Guest April 9th 2016, 7:42 pm

Hey there,

I'm seeming to be having difficulty with a few things regarding the appearance and look of my Forum. Instead of creating several topics in this category relating to what I need to get done, I figured creating one discussion would help me much easier, since they are alike. So without further ado, here's a list of my concerns Smile ;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.) Firstly, I'd like to ask for help on how I can possibly edit the size of my Chat Box which is on my Forum. It looks misplaced to where it's far too large and too wide. --- I was curious on how I can change the size easily, since it sticks out a bit too much.

2.) As for my second concern, I was hoping that someone would know how I can edit the default text color that is used when a post is created. On my forum, the text color was changed to a light blue shade, but on certain parts of the forum that have different background colors, it can be difficult to see the text color or it simply looks mis-matching. So if there's anyone that can assist with how I can change the DEFAULT post text-color alone, please do reply.

3.) Going onto #3, when there are several replies on a topic, there is a pattern as for the reply's background color. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right or not, but here's an example of what I'm meaning;

3 - Forum appearance concerns - Help! Screen10

As you see, the replies have different background colors in a pattern to where it switches back after every other reply that is posted. I was wondering how I can just stick to having both the topic, and replies, colored white. Any suggestions?

4.) On the previous image given above, the title of the replies to the discussion always appear as "Re: Topic Title". I was wondering how I can change this to where the user's name appears on top instead of the "Re: Topic Title" thing. As well as that, I want to know how I can possibly move the user's information that is displayed on the right (when they make a post or reply to one), to the left. For example, on this discussion that you are reading right now, my details/avatar picture and etc..., is on the left. How can I make it like that on my Forum?

5.) Last but not least, I really wanted to know how I can make it easier for someone to login to my Forum. To make it easier to understand; on this website, when someone clicks "Login" near the top right, a drop down box appears below it with a small area to fill your credentials in to login. On my Forum, when I click the login button, I am redirected to a whole new page to login. Any ideas on how I can change this?

Anyways, that was it. Thank you so much for reading throughout my questions. I'm hoping that someone can get back to me ASAP. Smile

In addition to this, I apologize if this was a little too much to include in one post, as it may be difficult to go back and forth giving feedback on my concerns one by one. - I simply thought it may be easier to write it in one discussion.

Thanks again! I love you
- Bridgette

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Forum appearance concerns - Help!

Post by Take Notes April 9th 2016, 7:48 pm

What is your forum link? Also, did you install a new theme or something?
Take Notes
Take Notes
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 2337
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 9th 2016, 7:53 pm

Hey! My forum link can be found at www.empirexial.fullboards.com
Also, yes. I installed one of the themes that was displayed on the Admin panel that I thought looked nice. Then I edited it to my likings by using the colors section on the Admin panel as well.

However, these concerns of mine do not relate to the theme that I chose, as there's not much I can do by re-changing the theme again. I was hoping there was a way I could edit each individual need by using the CSS Stylesheet with coding? Do you happen to know anything I can do?

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 9th 2016, 8:14 pm

3 - Forum appearance concerns - Help! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g April 9th 2016, 8:48 pm

Hello,

For question number 2, you can change the default text color in ACP (admin panel)-->Display-->Colors , play around with each of those until you get everything how you like.

P.s While doing the above, I would first copy and paste all the hex codes for what is currently there into word or notepad or something, so if you mess up or anything, atleast you can restore them back to what they were before you started playing around with them.

-Brandon

3 - Forum appearance concerns - Help! Brando10
Remember to mark your topic 3 - Forum appearance concerns - Help! Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

3 - Forum appearance concerns - Help! Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 9th 2016, 9:22 pm

Thanks so much, SLGray! Your suggestion works perfectly. Very Happy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the concern I had on #2, unfortunately I was referring to the text color that is displayed on posts/topic replies only. Not the default text color in general Smile Do you happen to have any other recommendations?

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 9th 2016, 9:31 pm

3.  Add this to your CSS stylesheet:
Code:
.row2 {
    background-color: #FFFFF;
}

3 - Forum appearance concerns - Help! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down