The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme

+37
Draxion
JennyorAlice
LoneWolf61
mahmoud gilany
Obscure
mSyx
The Last Outlaw
texan
Ape
TheCrow
mpelmmc
Tonight
!redlove!
Beyonder
SWS
skouliki
tillytiger99
Mihai
Malum
Abdalah tupe2
Dr Jay
OLC CREATORS
Van-Helsing
ZuniThoang
levy
Rhino.Freak
Zzbaivong
Poser
YoshiGM
BlackScorpion
Shadow.
Mimóza
brandon_g
Nemo
SLGray
SocialAcademy
Ange Tuteur
41 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

881155 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 5 Empty Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme

Post by Ange Tuteur August 5th 2016, 2:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone,

Since November 2015 I've been working on developing a new "forum version" for Forumotion forums that's modern and responsive. Today I've recently published the production release of this software and would like to share it with all of you who are looking for a more modern design that's also mobile-friendly. Wink

Forumactif Edge features :

• Modern mobile-friendly design.
  • Smart automated control panel that assists you with installation and other tasks.
  • Dynamic theme selector so your members can browse in the color they prefer.
  • Side panels for widgets and quick navigation so your forum has maximum space and accessibility.
  • Automatic color coding of posts based on usergroup affiliation.
  • Built in counter for reputation votes.
  • and more...

Forumactif Edge will constantly evolve because it's open source and managed by the community. That means we'll take feedback, suggestions, and reports from the community -- that's right, your voice can shape the future of this project ! If you'd like to install Forumactif Edge on your Forumotion forum, please see the wiki link below which includes detailed instructions on how to install the theme along with additional information on Forumactif Edge that's constantly changing.

Installation Tutorial : https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/wiki/Installing

Not ready to install yet ? No problem ! Take a look around, check out the FAQ and previews below, or visit our website link below to learn more about what Forumactif Edge has to offer !

FAQ

Do you have any questions or concerns about Forumactif Edge ? If so, feel free to check out our FAQ page or leave a reply below with your question ! We're always ready to answer your questions ! Wink

Previews

Mobile Preview : Forumactif Edge is responsive, so that means it's mobile-friendly ! Don't believe it ? Check out Google's Mobile-Friendly test !
881155 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 5 Mobile10

Feature Preview : Forumactif Edge comes with a theme changer that allows your members to browse in the color of their choice, and to give your forum maximum space it docks widgets to a side panel !
881155 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 5 RrAWjWL

Full Page Screenshots

Click any of the links below to see a full page screen shot of Forumactif Edge in action.

DesktopMobile
HomepageHomepage (Mobile)
TopicsTopics (Mobile)
Forumactif Edge Control PanelN/A

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to leave them below. I hope all of you enjoy this theme as much as I have making it. Mr. Green

Last edited by Ange Tuteur on March 18th 2017, 12:16 am; edited 4 times in total
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

SLGray, Jadster, .:Xx4NG3LxX:. and px4ev like this post

Back to top Go down

881155 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 5 Empty Re: Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme

Post by Guest April 15th 2017, 9:18 pm

Hi Ange Tuteur..
When I did the update yesterday I noticed that all my Custom Legend buttons were messed up again..now I know what happened the last time..it was because of the updates..I had to take them out..

I just got to thinking what I may have to do is take them out then do the updates then put them back in..it may be a pain in the rear..I don't know..

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter..

Back to top Go down

881155 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 5 Empty Re: Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme

Post by tillytiger99 April 17th 2017, 6:31 pm

I love this theme, thank you. It was surprisingly easy to install and customise,and seems to work perfectly. I had to uninstall modernbb due to too many issues not being addressed.
I just have one question: Can you change the header background to white, without the category section changing to white as well? The text is white in the category headers, so its unreadable if I change it to white (its better for my logo). I cant find anywhere to change the category text color either. (ive set the other text colors quite easily)
Any ideas?
tillytiger99
Forumember

Language : english

http://cherryblossomsims.forumieren.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 18th 2017, 4:26 am

Dang it..I tried to take a picture of what tillytiger and I would like but it's not working this time..

I'm going to use my test site to show you..
my test site

Ok where it says Forum in white..we would like to change those text colors..but they won't change..if we put a light grey there the text colors stay white..

I went through the CSS Stylesheet to see if there was a way of just changing the color in there but couldn't find anything..
Ange Tuteur is there a way of making a color code to change the text on that and on the Navigation bar seems to be the same way..

Also while I am working in the FAE Control Panel..in the color section..the site should be there so I can preview it while I work..but within a few seconds it disappears and I have to reload it..over and over..

Thank you Ange Tuteur for all your help..

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 18th 2017, 4:49 am

Broomhilda wrote:Dang it..I tried to take a picture of what tillytiger and I would like but it's not working this time..

I'm going to use my test site to show you..
my test site

Ok where it says Forum in white..we would like to change those text colors..but they won't change..if we put a light grey there the text colors stay white..

I went through the CSS Stylesheet to see if there was a way of just changing the color in there but couldn't find anything..
Ange Tuteur is there a way of making a color code to change the text on that and on the Navigation bar seems to be the same way..

Also while I am working in the FAE Control Panel..in the color section..the site should be there so I can preview it while I work..but within a few seconds it disappears and I have to reload it..over and over..

Thank you Ange Tuteur for all your help..
Code:
.forum-category .title {
    color:  YOUR COLOR;
}

881155 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 5 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 18th 2017, 6:09 am

That worked..thank you Gray..
We need it for everything..like the Navigation Bar, and at the very top with the Search, Forumotion name, Share, Admin, Notification, Legend, Who's online, even the toggle's..all of that as well..see where everything is white in the texts all those..
Sorry I wasn't more clear..

Back to top Go down

Post by tillytiger99 April 18th 2017, 11:24 am

Thank you Sam for clarifying. If it is possible, i want to change the header background (and nothing else changing) to white?
tillytiger99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur April 18th 2017, 6:44 pm

Broomhilda wrote:Hi Ange Tuteur..
When I did the update yesterday I noticed that all my Custom Legend buttons were messed up again..now I know what happened the last time..it was because of the updates..I had to take them out..

I just got to thinking what I may have to do is take them out then do the updates then put them back in..it may be a pain in the rear..I don't know..

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter..
That's quite odd, because the update that was sent out only updated JavaScript codes management, so it shouldn't have touched your CSS.. Think Do you remember if there was anything peculiar about the CSS after updating ?

Thanks, I hope you enjoyed both the weekend and Easter as well. Wink

tillytiger99 wrote:I love this theme, thank you. It was surprisingly easy to install and customise,and seems to work perfectly. I had to uninstall modernbb due to too many issues not being addressed.
I just have one question: Can you change the header background to white, without the category section changing to white as well? The text is white in the category headers, so its unreadable if I change it to white (its better for my logo). I cant find anywhere to change the category text color either. (ive set the other text colors quite easily)
Any ideas?
I'm glad you're enjoying Forumactif Edge ! Smile

Yes it should be possible, though currently this is something that can only be achieved via CSS. ( I'll add this to my todo list for future updates though ) You can use the CSS below for changing any text that is currently white.
Code:
/* titles */
.color-primary, .forumline tbody .catHead, .h3, .inner h1.page-title, .mainmenu:after, .table1 thead th, .title, h2.u {
  color:#000;
}

/* navbar links */
#navbar a.mainmenu {
}

/* buttons */
#profile-advanced-add a, a.button1, a.button2, body div.sceditor-dropdown .button, button.button2, input.button, input.button1, input.button2, input[type=file], input[type=button], input[type=submit], input[type=reset] {
  color:#000 !important;
}

/* footer links */
#footer_end, #footer_end a, #page-footer, #page-footer a {
}

/* search text */
form.search-form input.search-keywords {
}

/* toolbar */
body #fa_search #fa_textarea, #fa_share a:after, a#fa_hide:after, a#fa_icon:after, a#fa_magnifier:after, a#fa_show:after, body #fa_icon, body #fa_right #fa_menu #fa_welcome, body #fa_right #fa_notifications, body #fa_right a.rightHeaderLink, body #fa_right.notification #fa_menu #fa_welcome, body #fa_share_text, body #fa_toolbar #fa_service, body #fa_welcome {
}

You don't need to copy all of these ; you can copy specific portions if needed. The comments I added should help you identify what does what. However, if you want to use all of these, I recommend combining them into one rule so it's easier to manage :
Code:
.color-primary, .forumline tbody .catHead, .h3, .inner h1.page-title, .mainmenu:after, .table1 thead th, .title, h2.u, #navbar a.mainmenu, #profile-advanced-add a, a.button1, a.button2, body div.sceditor-dropdown .button, button.button2, input.button, input.button1, input.button2, input[type=file], input[type=button], input[type=submit], input[type=reset], #footer_end, #footer_end a, #page-footer, #page-footer a, form.search-form input.search-keywords, body #fa_search #fa_textarea, #fa_share a:after, a#fa_hide:after, a#fa_icon:after, a#fa_magnifier:after, a#fa_show:after, body #fa_icon, body #fa_right #fa_menu #fa_welcome, body #fa_right #fa_notifications, body #fa_right a.rightHeaderLink, body #fa_right.notification #fa_menu #fa_welcome, body #fa_share_text, body #fa_toolbar #fa_service, body #fa_welcome {
}

If you need anymore help let me know. Wink
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tillytiger99 April 18th 2017, 8:38 pm

Thank you for getting back to me. That changes the title colour. Is there a way to just change the header background to white? Im happy with the look of the forum I have, but just want a white header background, without it changing the category colour as well.
tillytiger99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 18th 2017, 9:43 pm

Thank you so much Ange Tuteur for your help..and hope you had a wonderful Easter..
I went into all my scripts both the Javascript and the CSS and nothing was changed nothing out of order everything was the way it was supposed to be..
I just took out all the custom buttons/icons..with the next update I will first look to see what is there and make sure everything is correct then update and see if it changes anything..
I'm glad tilly is getting everything worked out..I can't wait to see the theme on her site..it's going to be exciting.. Cheer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur April 18th 2017, 10:17 pm

tillytiger99 wrote:Thank you for getting back to me. That changes the title colour. Is there a way to just change the header background to white? Im happy with the look of the forum I have, but just want a white header background, without it changing the category colour as well.
Yes there is, go to Admin Panel > Display > Colors, and add the following CSS rule to your stylesheet.
Code:
#page-header {
  color:#333;
  background:#FFF;
}

Broomhilda wrote:Thank you so much Ange Tuteur for your help..and hope you had a wonderful Easter..
I went into all my scripts both the Javascript and the CSS and nothing was changed nothing out of order everything was the way it was supposed to be..
I just took out all the custom buttons/icons..with the next update I will first look to see what is there and make sure everything is correct then update and see if it changes anything..
I'm glad tilly is getting everything worked out..I can't wait to see the theme on her site..it's going to be exciting.. Cheer
Ah, okay. Whenever the next update is released let me know if there's any issues and I'll look into it. salut
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 18th 2017, 10:27 pm

Ok will do and thank you again..Ange Tuteur

Back to top Go down

Post by tillytiger99 April 18th 2017, 10:48 pm

Thank you so much! But now im being stupid...how do I add that? Just want to be sure its in the right place scratch
tillytiger99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 18th 2017, 10:55 pm

Just sent you a pm on how to do that tilly..lol..your not stupid you are just having a brain fart Mr. Green

Back to top Go down

Post by tillytiger99 April 18th 2017, 11:09 pm

No, Broomhilda, I was being stupid..... Smile Thank you for pointing me in the right direction....
Thank you Ange, that has worked perfectly. I'm very happy now. Laughing
tillytiger99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 19th 2017, 1:26 am

Ange Tuteur What are these codes do/for ??? And where do you put them..in the CSS sorry..

.color-primary, .forumline tbody .catHead, .h3, .inner h1.page-title, .mainmenu:after, .table1 thead th, .title, h2.u, #navbar a.mainmenu, #profile-advanced-add a, a.button1, a.button2, body div.sceditor-dropdown .button, button.button2, input.button, input.button1, input.button2, input[type=file], input[type=button], input[type=submit], input[type=reset], #footer_end, #footer_end a, #page-footer, #page-footer a, form.search-form input.search-keywords, body #fa_search #fa_textarea, #fa_share a:after, a#fa_hide:after, a#fa_icon:after, a#fa_magnifier:after, a#fa_show:after, body #fa_icon, body #fa_right #fa_menu #fa_welcome, body #fa_right #fa_notifications, body #fa_right a.rightHeaderLink, body #fa_right.notification #fa_menu #fa_welcome, body #fa_share_text, body #fa_toolbar #fa_service, body #fa_welcome {
}

Back to top Go down

Post by tillytiger99 April 20th 2017, 2:30 pm

Hi, I have installed the theme on my established forum, and all has gone really well. The images in the posts all have a resize box, even though they are within the widths and size in forum settings (800 x800)
They look very small. Is there a way to change this? Our forum is very image focused so I would like to see larger images.
Thank you!
tillytiger99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by tillytiger99 April 27th 2017, 1:06 pm

Hi, does anyone have an answer to this, or have I posted in the wrong place? Could you let me know please. Thank you
tillytiger99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki April 27th 2017, 1:18 pm

hello

you can always check the FM Design forum , that is Ange Tuteur's forum, you can find help with Edge or wait until Ange logs on here

skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15027
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tillytiger99 April 27th 2017, 2:53 pm

Thank you, Ill go and check that out Smile
tillytiger99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SWS April 27th 2017, 3:06 pm

Ach... wie. Wer hat an der Uhr gedreht? Danke schoen fuer die Blumen... Vielen Dank! Wunderbar... Wink
SWS
SWS
Forumember

Female Posts : 80
Language : US English / Dutch
Location : 35 miles NWW of Los Angeles Airport (LAX) when able, currently living 1 mile SWW of Amsterdam Airport (AMS).

http://www.friendcodes.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur April 27th 2017, 5:47 pm

Hey, sorry for the late replies ; I've been occupied working on another project. As skouliki mentioned, I'm more likely to check FM Design as that's were I handle most requests regarding FAE. I still visit this forum from time to time though. Wink

Broomhilda wrote:Ange Tuteur What are these codes do/for ??? And where do you put them..in the CSS sorry..

}
This CSS rule mainly changes the font color for all titles / fonts that are currently white -- generally any font that's white. Yes, it goes into your CSS stylesheet.

tillytiger99 wrote:Hi, I have installed the theme on my established forum, and all has gone really well. The images in the posts all have a resize box, even though they are within the widths and size in forum settings (800 x800)
They look very small. Is there a way to change this? Our forum is very image focused so I would like to see larger images.
Thank you!
Forumactif Edge has an automatic image resizer installed, but it can be disabled. Go to Admin Panel > Modules > JS Codes management > ALL.JS

find : ( line 652 )
Code:
/* -- 06. image resizer -- */

Under this comment should be two options :
Code:
    max_width : 400, // maximum image width (400px)
    max_height : 250, // maximum image height (250px)
Increase these numbers to change the maximum height and width for images. Images that are below the max-width / height will not be resized, so you could set it to 10000 for both if you wanted to. Once you're finished editing these settings, save the script and you're done. Wink

If you need anymore help let me know. salut
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 27th 2017, 7:25 pm

SWS wrote:Ach... wie. Wer hat an der Uhr gedreht? Danke schoen fuer die Blumen... Vielen Dank! Wunderbar... Wink
Samantha you know this is the English support forum.
Please speak in English, as this is an English support forum. If you need support in another language, please look at the widget to the right that says ''Official Support Forums.''
Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

881155 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 5 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 28th 2017, 6:24 am

Thank you Ange Tuteur..and it's ok..I figured it was real life that was keeping you from here lol.. Mr. Green

Back to top Go down

Post by tillytiger99 April 30th 2017, 5:58 pm

Thank you. I visited FM and there was a tutorial which explained it to me. It looks perfect now. I will post there if I have any further issues. Smile
tillytiger99
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur May 1st 2017, 7:19 pm

No problem ! Smile

Update v1.2.4

Forumactif Edge version 1.2.4 is now available ! This patch updates translations and fixes a small bug with the theme selector and theme manager in the FAE CP.

• Updated Arabic translation. (Thanks to amghidh and Michael_vx)
  • Updated Italian translation. (Thanks to Niko!, Teo!, and @MattiaDes)
  • Updated Romanian translation (Thanks to SSYT)
  • Fixed theme selector not coloring visited links.
  • Fixed window scrolling when adding / moving a new theme in plugin management.

Release link : https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/releases/tag/v1.2.4

Help
Don't know how to update Forumactif Edge ? Click the following link to find out how !
https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/wiki/Checking-for-updates
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur May 9th 2017, 7:30 pm

Update v1.2.5

Forumactif Edge version 1.2.5 is now available ! This patch fixes a few bugs, namely the copy code button leaving its selection even after the contents were copied.

• Added pre-installation options to the FAE Control Panel.
  • Upgraded image resources to HTTPS ; this will currently only affect new installations and theme changes.
  • Fixed Control Panel not appearing when a JavaScript error occurred in JS Codes Management.
  • Fixed Copy Code button leaving selection after contents were copied.

Release link : https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/releases/tag/v1.2.5

Help
Don't know how to update Forumactif Edge ? Click the following link to find out how !
https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/wiki/Checking-for-updates

Translations

As some of you are already aware, the wiki for Forumactif Edge contains the majority of information about installing and using FAE. Up until this point it has only been available in English, but that will soon change with your help ! I've recently completed work on a new tool that will make collaborating on the wiki easier and will allow us to easily create and share translations. Open the spoiler below for more information on translating the wiki.
Wiki Translations:
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Van-Helsing May 9th 2017, 9:50 pm

Thanks @Ange Tuteur, excellent update. cheers
Van-Helsing
Van-Helsing
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2431
Language : English, Greek

http://itexperts.forumgreek.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion May 10th 2017, 2:52 am

Once again BOWS to the master. Excellent work my friend, as always. " I'm glad you were taking a break from working on this" Crazy LOL
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7009

https://help.forumotion.com/f6-graphic-design-section

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder May 10th 2017, 8:28 am

I am confused! What is this for?!
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 721

http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SWS May 10th 2017, 4:01 pm

I would 've been translating it into Dutch, but now I won't. Sorry...

Last edited by SWS on May 11th 2017, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
SWS
SWS
Forumember

Female Posts : 80
Language : US English / Dutch
Location : 35 miles NWW of Los Angeles Airport (LAX) when able, currently living 1 mile SWW of Amsterdam Airport (AMS).

http://www.friendcodes.nl

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next