The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme

+37
Draxion
JennyorAlice
LoneWolf61
mahmoud gilany
Obscure
mSyx
The Last Outlaw
texan
Ape
TheCrow
mpelmmc
Tonight
!redlove!
Beyonder
SWS
skouliki
tillytiger99
Mihai
Malum
Abdalah tupe2
Dr Jay
OLC CREATORS
Van-Helsing
ZuniThoang
levy
Rhino.Freak
Zzbaivong
Poser
YoshiGM
BlackScorpion
Shadow.
Mimóza
brandon_g
Nemo
SLGray
SocialAcademy
Ange Tuteur
41 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

228822 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 3 Empty Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme

Post by Ange Tuteur August 5th 2016, 03:54

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone,

Since November 2015 I've been working on developing a new "forum version" for Forumotion forums that's modern and responsive. Today I've recently published the production release of this software and would like to share it with all of you who are looking for a more modern design that's also mobile-friendly. Wink

Forumactif Edge features :

• Modern mobile-friendly design.
  • Smart automated control panel that assists you with installation and other tasks.
  • Dynamic theme selector so your members can browse in the color they prefer.
  • Side panels for widgets and quick navigation so your forum has maximum space and accessibility.
  • Automatic color coding of posts based on usergroup affiliation.
  • Built in counter for reputation votes.
  • and more...

Forumactif Edge will constantly evolve because it's open source and managed by the community. That means we'll take feedback, suggestions, and reports from the community -- that's right, your voice can shape the future of this project ! If you'd like to install Forumactif Edge on your Forumotion forum, please see the wiki link below which includes detailed instructions on how to install the theme along with additional information on Forumactif Edge that's constantly changing.

Installation Tutorial : https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/wiki/Installing

Not ready to install yet ? No problem ! Take a look around, check out the FAQ and previews below, or visit our website link below to learn more about what Forumactif Edge has to offer !

FAQ

Do you have any questions or concerns about Forumactif Edge ? If so, feel free to check out our FAQ page or leave a reply below with your question ! We're always ready to answer your questions ! Wink

Previews

Mobile Preview : Forumactif Edge is responsive, so that means it's mobile-friendly ! Don't believe it ? Check out Google's Mobile-Friendly test !
228822 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 3 Mobile10

Feature Preview : Forumactif Edge comes with a theme changer that allows your members to browse in the color of their choice, and to give your forum maximum space it docks widgets to a side panel !
228822 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 3 RrAWjWL

Full Page Screenshots

Click any of the links below to see a full page screen shot of Forumactif Edge in action.

DesktopMobile
HomepageHomepage (Mobile)
TopicsTopics (Mobile)
Forumactif Edge Control PanelN/A

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to leave them below. I hope all of you enjoy this theme as much as I have making it. Mr. Green

Last edited by Ange Tuteur on March 18th 2017, 01:16; edited 4 times in total
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

SLGray, Jadster, .:Xx4NG3LxX:. and px4ev like this post

Back to top Go down

228822 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 3 Empty Re: Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme

Post by Guest March 18th 2017, 23:31

sorry about that..that was the first time I have ever tagged anyone..and I couldn't get his last name on the tag so just took it off..

Back to top Go down

228822 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 3 Empty Re: Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme

Post by BlackScorpion March 19th 2017, 01:43

Ange Tuteur wrote:@BlackScorpion Thanks, I'm glad you like the web page and update ! I worked pretty much non-stop this week getting everything ready for this big update, and now I'm ready to crash for the weekend. Laughing Best to rest up now though, 'cause I gotta get to work on setting up the new translation aliases for our translators next week. Neutral

Well buddy rest up , then get to work. No time for slacking off..... Razz
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7009
Language : English

https://help.forumotion.com/f6-graphic-design-section

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 19th 2017, 02:35

SLGray wrote:I also love the webpage.
Awesome ! ^^

Broomhilda wrote:I also love the Theme..I am working on this one right as we speak..I made a test site..and am loving what I am doing..the only thing I am struggling with is the colors..on the phpBB you can click on the color and add a color code..but with this you have to use the CSS to add the color you want..and since I don't know how to use CSS coding I have to use the color choices given..and right now that is ok as well..it's working for me..

I am also color blind..all I see is Blacks, Browns, Whites, Greys and Reds..now if Black/Brown is to close in Color I can't tell them apart..and same with the White/Grey..everything is grey to me except these colors..

So far all I have added is the theme..and am playing around with that..next will be reading this topic to see what is available and how to put that in..

Keep up the great work Ange Tuteur..awesome job.. sorry
Glad to hear ! Smile Since you've just installed it, I recommend taking a look over the wiki, but more importantly the Control Panel Guide because you'll be using it for the majority of changes to Forumactif Edge. Wink

Currently in regards to colors, the only two management options are :
1. Theme Management ( Allows changing the theme and primary color )
2. The CSS Stylesheet

I have to agree with you that at the moment, changing the overall colors of the forum is difficult if you're not familiar with CSS. I've taken this into account and I'll look into implementing a "Colors" section into the FAE Control Panel that'll work similarly to the one provided by Forumotion, thus making it easier to personalize the overall design.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I hope you enjoy using Forumactif Edge ! Very good

BlackScorpion wrote:Well buddy rest up , then get to work. No time for slacking off..... Razz
Haha, will do ! Razz
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 19th 2017, 02:48

Thank you so much Ange Tuteur for this information..after posting and then going to the test site..I got to thinking..sometimes that thinking gets me in trouble lol..anyway..I figure if I am doing a new theme, new look and all that..I may not need the colors..that is wrong as well..I will need somehow the color codes..specially when I do a banner I want the back ground to feel like it is part of the colors on the forum so all you see is the words and pictures..I tried to make a banner..but my son said the color to the banner was darker than the color I had..and he couldn't stick around to help me out on that..

May I contact you by pm or just put it on here the names of the colors you have that I like and can see to get the color codes for them..

Thank you again Ange Tuteur for your help and awesome job creating and designing this new theme..

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 19th 2017, 03:07

@Broomhilda sure, it's no problem. I'll leave the default theme list below with the primary color and name. Wink You can also view all the theme palettes here ; each theme has 5 different color shades, where the first is the brightest, the second is the default primary ( colors listed below ), and the rest are darker shades. They're in shorthand hex, so #CCC is equal to #CCCCCC. If any questions about those, just let me know.

#CCCCCC = Silver
#999999 = Dusty Gray
#666666 = Dove Gray
#333333 = Mine Shaft
#CC3333 = Persian Red
#BB2222 = Christmas Red
#FF4444 = Coral Red
#CC6666 = Chestnut Rose
#CC9999 = Eunry
#BB8888 = Brandy Rose
#997777 = Bazaar
#EE4433 = Cinnabar
#BB5544 = Crail
#EE5533 = Flamingo
#DD6644 = Red Damask
#993311 = Tabasco
#AA5533 = Paarl
#AA6644 = Cape Palliser
#CC6633 = Tuscany
#DD6622 = Hot Cinnamon
#FF6600 = Blaze Orange
#FF7711 = Pumpkin
#CC9966 = Antique Brass
#CC8844 = Raw Sienna
#664422 = Earthtone
#887766 = Americano
#776655 = Coffee
#884400 = Cinnamon
#995500 = Brown
#DDBB88 = Sandy Tan
#CC9933 = Hokey Pokey
#665533 = Sienna
#887755 = Shadow
#EEAA11 = Buttercup
#EEBB33 = Tulip Tree
#DDAA22 = Golden Grass
#CC9911 = Pizza
#AA8822 = Reef Gold
#888800 = Olive
#444411 = Camouflage
#888866 = Avocado
#CCCC33 = Earls Green
#CCCC66 = Laser
#CCCC99 = Pine Glade
#779922 = Pea Green
#99CC33 = Celery
#88DD00 = Chartreuse
#88CC33 = Forumactif Green
#88BB55 = Dollar Bill
#99CC66 = Wild Willow
#77AA55 = Asparagus
#66CC33 = Atlantis
#228822 = Forest Green
#006600 = Christmas Green
#33CC33 = Apple
#66CC66 = Mantis
#99CC99 = De York
#88AA88 = Envy
#66CC77 = Spruce
#11AA33 = Bottle Green
#66AA77 = Aqua Forest
#33CC66 = Mountain Meadow
#22AA55 = Meadow
#338855 = Sea Green
#337755 = Amazon
#66CC99 = Emerald
#33CC99 = Shamrock
#44BBAA = Blue Lagoon
#33CCCC = Turquoise
#66CCCC = Downy
#99CCCC = Sinbad
#008888 = Teal
#118899 = Blue Chill
#00AADD = Cerulean
#0077AA = Deep Cerulean
#3399CC = Curious Blue
#778899 = Slate Gray
#6699CC = Danube
#0077FF = Azure Radiance
#3366CC = Mariner
#3355AA = Azure
#3333CC = Governor Bay
#6666CC = Blue Marguerite
#9999CC = Blue Bell
#555577 = Comet
#6633CC = Purple Heart
#9966CC = Amethyst
#AA99BB = Amethyst Smoke
#DDAAFF = Mauve
#774499 = Affair
#9933CC = Purple
#BB77DD = Lavendar
#CC33CC = Cerise
#CC66CC = Fuchsia Pink
#CC99CC = Lilac
#CC3399 = Red Violet
#881155 = Disco
#FF99CC = Carnation Pink
#CC6699 = Hopbush
#EE4488 = French Rose
#CC3366 = Hibiscus
#771133 = Claret
#660022 = Bordeaux
#FF88AA = Tickle Me Pink
#880022 = Burgundy
#DD5577 = Blush
#FF5577 = Wild Watermelon
#EE3355 = Amaranth
#FF99AA = Mauvelous
#EE2233 = Alizarin Crimson
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 19th 2017, 03:12

OMGosh thank you soooo much..Ange Tuteur..I am forever in your debt lol.. Bravo

The ones I like are the Dusty Gray, Mine Shaft, Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 19th 2017, 03:21

No problem, if anymore questions just give me a holler. Wink

Nice picks ! My personal favorites are Danube, Persian Red, and.... Coffee -- both the color and cup o' joe. Razz
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 19th 2017, 03:29

lol that's funny.. Very Happy

Thank you..I'm in the process of reading up on the links you gave me..

I am seriously thinking of getting this..just afraid of losing my links to other sites and the members..although I will be sending everyone an email/pm to let them know what is going on and and be warned if they are deleted from the site lol..

The links are the most I am afraid of losing..I have spent years bookmarking those and then adding them to the site from another site I had added them to..now I do have most not all on a Dreamwidth Journal..so what I may do is make sure that they are on both..so if something does happen..I have a back up..I forgot about my DWJ...

Now one more question..right now I have phpBB..this theme will be able to be put on my theme right..

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 19th 2017, 03:45

Yes, Forumactif Edge can be installed on any Forumotion forum, regardless of your forum version. Wink

What the installer does, is switch your forum version over to phpbb3 and then installs the necessary files on the forum. So after the installation is done, you're technically using a phpbb3 version forum, just heavily modified. Posts, members, etc... are retained, the installation only modifies the forum appearance and features.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 19th 2017, 03:58

Thank you..I know I have been freaking out over this..and there was another topic I was looking at and posting..a lot of back and forth on that..

I will let you know tomorrow..how this goes..

Since I took a longer nap than usual..and a late one lol..I will probably be up all night..and it's going on 9 pm now..so I will be working on this..I think I will work on the test site and set it up the way I want it..then just go through and copy what I did to my site have both sites up at the same time..so there won't be any mistakes lol..

Sorry some of the things I am saying is more less for me..just thinking out loud..

Thank you again Ange Tuteur for your help and patients lol..

EDITED:HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omgosh..I really didn't think it would take me this long..I am having problems getting the Categories in..I have done every way possible to get them in..I was able to get one in but all the others are just not working..

I know if I had double posted I would have been chewed out..so I am hoping that someone sees this and can help me..I am glad this is a test site..I am so stressed out right now..specially not being able to double post to let someone know about this..

EDITED AGAIN:

Ok, in the Structure & Hierarchy I have tried everyone of them, to get the Categories to show properly but to no avail..
Right now I am using the Keep categories on index : Full so it is set up as a Forum then the Categories inside of it instead of sections..now I can live with the way it is..it's different..and that is what I wanted..something different

But what I can't stand is the fact in the Admin under Categories and forums the last 3 are supposed to be Categories but are show up as Forums..I should just keep it that way..but my COD says they need to be showing up as Categories..not as Forums..I know no members or guests will see it but I do..and I don't know how to fix it..

Here is the link to the TEST SITE there are 2 sections that can't be seen by guests..but everything else can be..

Last edited by Broomhilda on March 20th 2017, 03:23; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 20th 2017, 03:04

Hey guys,

I know I said I was going to relax over the weekend, but well, you know how that goes. xD Anyways, I've come with another update -- not for the theme, but for the control panel !

• Added Colors tab to the control panel for managing theme colors.
  • Tidied up the control panel by placing each section into a tab.

Check out the wiki to learn more about the colors tab.
https://github.com/SethClydesdale/forumactif-edge/wiki/Colors

You can also see it in action here : https://twitter.com/SethC1995/status/843607613778673665

@Broomhilda you'll probably like this one, since you gave me the idea. Razz

Broomhilda wrote:Omgosh..I really didn't think it would take me this long..I am having problems getting the Categories in..I have done every way possible to get them in..I was able to get one in but all the others are just not working..

I know if I had double posted I would have been chewed out..so I am hoping that someone sees this and can help me..I am glad this is a test site..I am so stressed out right now..specially not being able to double post to let someone know about this..
Did you try adjusting the index packing ? I'm assuming that might be the issue.
https://help.forumotion.com/t3313-categories-and-forums-creation-and-appearance#18764

If that's not it, try giving this topic a once over, to see if you missed anything.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion March 20th 2017, 03:07

NICE! but you really need to chill out and relax, your gonna burn yourself out. (You know exactly what mean!) Once again, another nice update. Thanks for your hard work and dedication to this project. Continue inward Captain....
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2017, 03:30

Thank you sooo much Ange Tuteur..you are so sweet I love you ..I was doing a second edit when you both posted..am hoping you can see on the home page how it looks..but I don't know how to do a camera screen on my computer so I can't show you in the Admin..

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion March 20th 2017, 03:32

Broomhilda wrote:Thank you sooo much Ange Tuteur..you are so sweet I love you ..I was doing a second edit when you both posted..am hoping you can see on the home page how it looks..but I don't know how to do a camera screen on my computer so I can't show you in the Admin..

what computer system are you running?
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2017, 03:46

I have an old 2008 Windows Vista...and use Firefox..everything has been updated..

I have tried to take pictures of my screen but it don't work..now I don't know if it is because I have dropped the stupid keyboard so many times lol..or I just don't know what I am doing..probably both lol..

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion March 20th 2017, 03:50

Broomhilda wrote:I have an old 2008 Windows Vista...and use Firefox..everything has been updated..

I have tried to take pictures of my screen but it don't work..now I don't know if it is because I have dropped the stupid keyboard so many times lol..or I just don't know what I am doing..probably both lol..

OK, i thought you were on a Mac..
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2017, 04:19

No, I don't even know what a Mac is lol sorry

Also, on those 2 links he gave me I am not sure and understand how to add the new color coding..also on the second link..my Category & Forums are not show the same as theirs..on either my forum or the test forum..

Dang it I wish I can show you..now I am starting to get frustrated because I don't know how to explain it..

I guess I am just going to start over..

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion March 20th 2017, 04:20

do you have a cellphone? if so take a picture of the screen with it and post it.
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2017, 04:26

It will take a bit of time to get it to my email..sometimes it takes several times to get it on there..I don't use the internet on my phone..then I have to readjust the picture size..then put it on my host then put it on here..

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion March 20th 2017, 04:35

Broomhilda wrote:It will take a bit of time to get it to my email..sometimes it takes several times to get it on there..I don't use the internet on my phone..then I have to readjust the picture size..then put it on my host then put it on here..

what ever you need to do, to post it, so we can see what issues your having and help you out.
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 20th 2017, 04:50

What coding are you referring to?  The update should be automatically added when you go to the control panel and check for updates, or when you install Edge.

228822 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 3 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 20th 2017, 04:58

yes your right Gray..I forgot there was an update button on this one..

and only 1 picture went through so will have to resend them..this will take a while..sorry..

Thank you all for your help..

EDIT:

Ok I did the update but not finding the color thing that he did..I need to reread his links and see what I am missing there..

EDIT:
I found the color coding thing lol..it's in the FAE Control Panel..cool..omgosh that is going to make my life so much easier thank you, thank you soooo much I love you

EDIT:
I am so proud of myself...I took the chance and did it..I now have the "Forumactic Edge" as my new theme..and so far I have no serious hiccups..and I didn't lose a thing that I really wanted to keep..or members

I however didn't get the Categories the way I wanted but that is ok.. it looks good..

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your help and patience..and thank you Ange Tuteur for this awesome theme..and your help.. Grin 1st

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 21st 2017, 02:57

BlackScorpion wrote:NICE! but you really need to chill out and relax, your gonna burn yourself out. (You know exactly what mean!) Once again, another nice update. Thanks for your hard work and dedication to this project. Continue inward Captain....
Haha I know, thanks for your concern. Wink That'll probably be the last super big update for a little while, since I'll be working on translation implementation for the new features that have been added recently so that members using FAE in other languages can translate the new features into their language.

Broomhilda wrote:I found the color coding thing lol..it's in the FAE Control Panel..cool..omgosh that is going to make my life so much easier thank you, thank you soooo much I love you

EDIT:
I am so proud of myself...I took the chance and did it..I now have the "Forumactic Edge" as my new theme..and so far I have no serious hiccups..and I didn't lose a thing that I really wanted to keep..or members

I however didn't get the Categories the way I wanted but that is ok.. it looks good..

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your help and patience..and thank you Ange Tuteur for this awesome theme..and your help.. Grin 1st
Ah good ! Sorry I didn't elaborate on exactly where it was. You should feel right at home with the new colors section, since I tried to make it similar to Forumotion's.

I'm glad that you were able to get things the way you wanted and are enjoying Forumactif Edge. Smile
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 21st 2017, 03:29

Thank you again..and I am loving all the new buttons and gadgets lol..

I do have two questions..on the portal..there is a search on the right hand side..is there a way of getting rid of that..because everything there is not centered it is on the left and the only thing on the right is the search..

Now when I go to my Widgets everything is the same as on the old theme..but when you look at it on the portal everything is not centered..so if the search can be removed then how do I get everything centered..

Also I am having some new Categories buttons made can those be changed..and a few of the subtopics buttons and things like that..

Sorry for all the questions..and thank you again

EDIT:
Ok well what I had to do was take the middle widget and put it up to 800 pixels for it to be centered..and 200 for each of the side ones..but now the titles are off centered..???

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 21st 2017, 18:48

@Broomhilda try specifying a percentile value as the width. For example :
Left Column : 20%
Middle Column : 60%
Right Column : 20%

Total Width = 20 + 20 + 60 = 100% of the page.
228822 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 3 Captur21

The advantage to using a percentile value is that the content will resize to fit your screen or the forum wrapper. Literally "50% width" can mean "Fill 50% of X" where X is your screen or a container. Here's a visual example of what I mean :
50% Full50% Empty

The black block on the left is set to 50% width, so it fills 50% of its container leaving the other 50% empty. If you resize your browser's window or zoom in, you'll notice that the width is always evenly distributed.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 21st 2017, 20:27

I'm sorry Ange Tuteur I didn't explain that properly..I already knew that..and how to change that..I also had to change the size of the whole theme..put the forum width down to 80% to get everything centered..and after I did all that I forgot to come back and do an edit..

I also did an edit on the colors but I must not have hit send just went to a different page..

I went into the topics never thought of doing that was just looking at the homepage and the next pages..anyway all of my posts are bordered in red..all other posts are bordered in black..how do I change the red to another color..I feel that red is just to bold and it distracts from reading the posts..

Now right now I am in the FAE Panel and I am not seeing anywhere to change the topic border colors..??? and also in the new color section you put in there..nothing in there is showing red..so where is the red coming from..another thing..sorry..my son says the border on my profile is showing green and everyone elses is grey how do I change that...

Now if I have to use the CSS to change those colors..can you help me on that Ange Tuteur..thank you

Sorry, once I get these colors and all changed and learn how to do it..I will be set to go..and then when I get active members on there to let me know if there is anything wrong showing up on their end..which I hope don't happen..everything will be done..and I won't be bothering you any more lol..learning how to do all this is what I really need to do..lol

I think for now this is everything or at least the most important things that need to be taken care of..and me learning how to do it..

Thank you for all your help and patience..

EDIT:
I figured it out..even being color blind..it took me a while but I figured it out..the top of the posts are the same color as the members group colors..so if they are blue so is the top of the post..so mine will be red..

Thank you

EDIT: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried to get Category buttons in and they are not working..at first they did..and they were to wide..so took them out and I resized them and now they are not working..I took pictures on my cellphone and tried to get them into my email..but some come in other's don't these didn't show up..so if someone can go onto my site and you will see what is showing now..at first they were folders..after taking the pictures out that I had put in..these are what are showing up..and when I do add a picture these are showing up over that picture I added..

BROOMHILDA'S SIMS2

I am sure sooner or later they will work..but in the mean time I am adding this edit just in case someone sees this before I do..

thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 22nd 2017, 17:28

Ah yes, a members group color is displayed on the header of their post. So if your group color is red, your post header will be red. I checked in and it looks like you managed to change all the colors you were talking about, so I'll try to help you with your next query. Wink

When you say category buttons, are you referring to these ?
228822 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 3 Captur22
Or like the images that are displayed next to each forum on the support forum ?

P.S.
I think you're using Firefox, correct ? If so, you should try installing this addon for taking screenshots. Once the addon is installed, click the button to open a drop down, then :
1. Select "Capture web page region"
2. Click and hold down, then drag the mouse to select an area of the page.
3. Press the ENTER key to take a screenshot.
4. Edit the screenshot, if necessary, then click the floppy disk icon to save the screenshot to your computer.
5. Use the Host an image button on the editor to upload the images.

228822 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 3 Untitl10
228822 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 3 Captur23

Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 22nd 2017, 18:32

Thank you Ange Tuteur, and sorry I am being a pain in the rear..

Wow that Firefox Photo thing really works..omgosh all these years doing it the hard way lol..

Yes those are what I am talking about..but I don't have those on the homepage anymore..

Ok took the picture as it is now..228822 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 3 Firefo10

This is what it looks like after I tried putting a picture in it the first time..

Now I tried putting a picture in there and took the picture.but for some reason..it's not showing on the picture but I can see it..those icons are on top of the picture I put in..I hope you are understanding what I am talking about..because I am having a major problem explaining it..I'm so sorry..

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 22nd 2017, 18:57

It's no problem Wink

I see what you mean now. Add these CSS rules to your stylesheet.
Display > Colors
Code:
/* hides icons */
.forum-status:after {
  content:"";
}

/* increases status size and centers image */
.forum-status {
  width:40px;
  background-repeat:no-repeat;
  background-position:center;
  background-color:transparent; /* removes background color */
}

/* adds spacing to the left of the forums */
.forum-block-inner {
  padding-left:50px;
}

It should :
- Remove the icons overlapping your images
- Increase the width so there's more space for your image
- Remove the background color so you can place any type of image there, such as transparent ones*

*If you want to keep the default gray background, just remove
Code:
background-color:transparent; /* removes background color */
from the CSS I gave you.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 22nd 2017, 19:08

Thank you so much..

Now do I remove the CSS codes that are already there and put this in..or do I add it under what you all ready have there..I don't know how to use the transparent in my Photoshop..I have never used it..and I do want to keep the default gray background..

EDIT:
OMGosh..I did it lol..I copied and pasted the CSS you already had in there onto Open Office just in case..and then I took this new information and put it under what you all ready had..and took out that one part keeping the default gray..then added the picture it worked..

228822 - Forumactif Edge - A Free Modern and Responsive Forum Theme - Page 3 Firefo10

Now this is just a sample to see what I need to make a better one..but it worked and I like it

Thank you sooo much

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next