The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can anyone help please? when a user activation goes missing

2 posters

Go down

can anyone help please? when a user activation goes missing Empty can anyone help please? when a user activation goes missing

Post by littleflash November 30th 2006, 5:55 pm

Hi all.
I was wondering if anyone would have any advice please on the following problem: A user registered to join a forum, it either did or didnt get activated by the Admin. The forum itself reognises that they are an activated member, but says the admin hasnt activated it. There is no email trace that they even registered. When asked to re-register, they are saying they wish to keep the original user name and email; but this has already been used from their previous unsuccessful attempt.
Is there any way to sort this using the admin control panel please? or will they have to set up a new email address please?
thanking you in advance.
flash
littleflash

Male Posts : 2
Language : english

Back to top Go down

can anyone help please? when a user activation goes missing Empty Re: can anyone help please? when a user activation goes missing

Post by Caihlem November 30th 2006, 6:10 pm

Try checking in the inactive users if they're there. Or you can also tell the users to check in their spam boxes
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

can anyone help please? when a user activation goes missing Empty Re: can anyone help please? when a user activation goes missing

Post by littleflash December 2nd 2006, 5:29 pm

hi. Thank you for this advice. i went to inactive members and found the person. I called up their profile and saved it again with their settings to active. It shows up on the home page now as them being the newest member, so am assuming this has sorted it. Thank you for your help. Its much appreciated.
littleflash

Male Posts : 2
Language : english

Back to top Go down