[TIP] Hidden DRAFT forum

Go down

Solved [TIP] Hidden DRAFT forum

Post by HeyCarlosRamos on January 16th 2018, 9:23 am

Hi! I'm super new here. Originally this topic was a question on how to enable drafts for New Topics specifically (I know we can do it for responses). A quick search didn't turn up anything. However, I stumbled upon a workaround which in my case works even better.

1. Create a new Forum. I called mine "DRAFTS" and put it at the very top
  2. Set this forum visible only to admins (or you might be able to create a group, I'm not sure how that works yet though)
  3. Create your topics in the hidden forum
  4. Transfer when done

My forum will be for tutorials, so some of my topics may take hours/days to complete as I jump around. Hope this helps anyone, the only drawback to this is that other admins/group members will see your topic (unless there's a way to hide that too). But for smaller forums this is actually the ideal for me.

By the way, I'm super in love with this platform! I especially love how easy it is to customize!
HeyCarlosRamos

Male Posts : 3
Language : English

http://mlnewbies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: [TIP] Hidden DRAFT forum

Post by APE on January 16th 2018, 7:23 pm

Thank you for telling us how you worked your way around this.

Please only post in a thread if you need help on something, Yes this will help others but really this is not the right way to go about things.

If you have things that you think may help others you can always ask a staff member if you can submit a forum tutorial it would then be looked at and if the staff think it's something we can use we will test it and them put it in our tricks and tips part of the forum.
Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

APE
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 12507
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum