The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member tried to register; admin never received notification email

4 posters

Go down

In progress Member tried to register; admin never received notification email

Post by Geebes Thu Jan 25 2018, 17:48

Technical Details

Forum version : #ModernBB
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Internet Explorer
Who the problem concerns : A few members
When the problem appeared : Two days ago
Forum link : http://inklings-writers@forumotion.com

Description of problem

Hello!

I noticed this problem on a couple other forums, but was unable to find a fix for it in the FAQ, so I would appreciate some guidance.

I have a member I invited to join my forum (I am the Admin). Because this is a private group, I have the settings to receive an email for each registration so I can accept their registration. However, I did not receive an email for her registration.

She tried again on a different browser (IE), but received then a message that she had already registered. I still have not received the registration notice, though, so I cannot accept her.

This also may have happened with a couple other members who were supposed to register but have not. Most of the registrations came through fine.

Is there a way to find registrants who have not been accepted through the Admin panel, or for her to delete the first registration and try again? (Perhaps you know of a browser to NOT use for registering, or something?) I have checked my spam and junk folders for the registration that I know did not come, and it is not there.

Please advise.
Thanks!
--Dawn/Geebes
Geebes
Geebes

Language : English

http://inklings-writers@forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Member tried to register; admin never received notification email

Post by brandon_g Thu Jan 25 2018, 18:39

Hello,

Yes there is a spot in the admin where you can check if there is any unactivated users and then manually activate them.

You can do this by going to ACP (Admin panel)-->Users & groups-->Inactive users. If there are any unactivated users they will appear here and you tick next to their names and manually activate them.

-Brandon

Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Notifications

Post by Ape Thu Jan 25 2018, 18:51

Hello and welcome to the English support forum.
My name is Ape and I am one of the staff members here at Forumotion Glad to meet you Shake
I will be happy to help you on your problem today.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your new members E-mail Notifications.

Now first things first I need to run you over some basic settings.

We will use the short text on some parts of this today
ACP = means "Admin Control Panel"

Activating Your Members:
Please can you look under this setting.
ACP >>   Users & Groups Tab >>   Users >> Inactive Users >>
Now any new members that haven't activated will show up there.
Just tick the boxes next to the names then press Activate.

Now your new members will get a Email telling them they can now use the forum.

Making Sure Your Settings Are Set Right:
ACP >>   Users & Groups Tab >>   Users >> Users options >>
  Find >> Send notification email upon new user registration : Admin or Moderator If you set it to Moderator the Admin's will also get the Email's

Then Save.

Setting Your Profile:
Now you need to make sure your Profile settings are set right.
Go to your main forum and go to the top of your page you will see your navbar.
 Find >> Profile Press that.
 Find >> Notifications Tab >> Tick All you can on the Email part then Save.

Resynchronize Your Forum:
ACP General Tab >>   Forum >> Configuration >> Scroll right to the bottom and   find >>
Resynchronize your forum : Tick then press save

Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Left1212Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Center11Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Right112
Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Ape_b110
Member tried to register; admin never received notification email Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Member tried to register; admin never received notification email

Post by Geebes Fri Feb 02 2018, 16:42

Thanks, Ape, thanks, Brandon,

I am able to go to the inactive users to check for new members, which helps a lot.

The Admin email notifications of new members worked for the first 10 members, then stopped. I think that is about the same time I stopped receiving notifications for watched topics. I checked my notification settings and my profile (they were all set properly, so I didn't have to change them), then I resynchronized the forum. I will keep an eye on the next member to register to see if the email notification starts working again. I will keep you posted on whether or not the resynchronization works.

Thanks!
--Geebes
Geebes
Geebes

Back to top Go down

Post by mpelmmc Fri Feb 02 2018, 17:45

Hello @Geebes

Actually, you can also check your spam inbox and see if the e-mails are there. I'm telling this because this happened to me a lot and the solution is quite simple if this is the problem Smile

Greetings.
mpelmmc
mpelmmc
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1092
Language : English and Spanish

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Geebes Fri Feb 02 2018, 18:21

mpelmmc wrote:Hello @Geebes

Actually, you can also check your spam inbox and see if the e-mails are there. I'm telling this because this happened to me a lot and the solution is quite simple if this is the problem Smile

Greetings.

Oh yes, that is the first place I looked! Because I not only have a traditional junk folder, but we have a system-wide spam filter. I logged in there immediately. But alas, nothing was there.

Thanks, Mpelmmc!
Geebes
Geebes

Back to top Go down