Remove the rule about including a link to your forum

Go down

Remove the rule about including a link to your forum

Post by Zeta on April 28th 2018, 8:58 am

I'm putting the suggestion out there to remove the rule about including a link to your forum in the support forums. It's only a relevant if the issue is about something specific at that forum or maybe even about the skin that forum is using. Its not important if you're asking about things that are universal to all forumotion forums. Some people, like myself, prefer to keep their forum private too and just for friends and friends of friends. I suggest making the rule optional and if the link is truly necessary to provide support then it can be asked for.
Zeta
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Remove the rule about including a link to your forum

Post by SLGray on April 28th 2018, 8:59 am

If this is a suggestion, you need to add a poll.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 44379

http://fmthemesdesignteam.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on April 28th 2018, 2:56 pm

@Zeta wrote:I'm putting the suggestion out there to remove the rule about including a link to your forum in the support forums. It's only a relevant if the issue is about something specific at that forum or maybe even about the skin that forum is using. Its not important if you're asking about things that are universal to all forumotion forums. Some people, like myself, prefer to keep their forum private too and just for friends and friends of friends. I suggest making the rule optional and if the link is truly necessary to provide support then it can be asked for.

That is what happens already. If you don't link it, we will only ask for it if it is nessecary to resolve your issue. Otherwise we usually don't ask or force you to include it.

The reason it is written at the bottom of every support forum is because we recommend you provide it (it can make it way easier and faster to resolve). That doesn't nessecarily mean it is required to solve your issue. We use our best discretion to determine when it is and isn't nessecary.

Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 7535

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on August 24th 2018, 4:36 pm

Like I said above, we only ask for the forum url when it is needed to provide support. This is a support forum and the goal is to help everyone as quickly as possible and having the forum url can help speed up support in most cases. For that reason, this suggestion is declined and archived.

Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 7535

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum