Adsense issue

Go down

In progress Adsense issue

Post by Anorak123 on May 15th 2018, 12:33 am

Technical Details


Forum version : #phpBB3
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome
Who the problem concerns : Yourself
Forum link : http://anorakzone.forumotion.com/

Description of problem

I realise this is a very common forum support issue, and I've looked at previous threads on the topic, but I cannot get my Google Adsense ads to display.

I've added the code,, edited the text.ads, paid for the upgrade, etc... but it still won't work.

Any help much appreciated, thank you.
avatar
Anorak123
New Member

Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://anorakzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by mpelmmc on May 15th 2018, 12:59 am

Hi @Anorak123

Don't forget you have to have the ads disabled for guest and members.
Read the following tutorial in order to know exactly how this works Smile
https://help.forumotion.com/t155625-monetization-of-your-forum#1070898

Best regards.
avatar
mpelmmc
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 525
Reputation : 70
Language : Spanish and English
Location : Spain

http://asistencia.foroactivo.com/forum

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by brandon_g on May 15th 2018, 1:16 am

Hello,

Aside from what mpelmmc said. It also takes a few days for the ads to start showing up.

-Brandon


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.
avatar
brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6868
Reputation : 630
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by APE on May 15th 2018, 2:50 am

It takes from 1 hr up to 5 days to work this is down to google or the host crawling your site for the ad's link on your forum. Then they turn it on their end.



avatar
APE
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 12320
Reputation : 1283
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by Anorak123 on May 15th 2018, 8:45 pm

Thank you, it does seem like I've done everything I need to do... there's no button I need to press to let their bots visit or anything, is there?
avatar
Anorak123
New Member

Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://anorakzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by brandon_g on May 16th 2018, 4:14 am

No, they should come on their own. It just takes a few days.


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.
avatar
brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6868
Reputation : 630
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by Anorak123 on May 18th 2018, 1:30 am

One thing that the other end is still registering (and I should have mentioned this, sorry) is that it claims I haven't put the publisher's ID in the ads.txt file... even though I have.
avatar
Anorak123
New Member

Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://anorakzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by SLGray on May 18th 2018, 2:46 am

There are 2 places you have to add things for the ads.

AP > General > Forum Promotion > Search Engines
Meta Tags

AP > Misc. > Ads.Txt


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 43493
Reputation : 3094
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemesdesignteam.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by Anorak123 on May 19th 2018, 12:55 am

@SLGray wrote:There are 2 places you have to add things for the ads.

AP > General > Forum Promotion > Search Engines
Meta Tags

AP > Misc. > Ads.Txt

Thank you, I'll try that and see how it goes.
avatar
Anorak123
New Member

Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://anorakzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by Anorak123 on May 27th 2018, 4:18 pm

There does seem to be an issue with needing to upload a HTML verification document from google. Is there a way I can do this?

Thank you.
avatar
Anorak123
New Member

Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://anorakzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by Anorak123 on June 4th 2018, 1:38 am

I still don't seem to be seeing the ads after a couple of weeks.
avatar
Anorak123
New Member

Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://anorakzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by SLGray on June 4th 2018, 4:57 am

When I check your CSS, I can see that there should be ads.  It could be that you have something that is conflicting with the ads' coding.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 43493
Reputation : 3094
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemesdesignteam.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by Anorak123 on June 4th 2018, 3:23 pm

@SLGray wrote:When I check your CSS, I can see that there should be ads.  It could be that you have something that is conflicting with the ads' coding.

Thank you. Would you have any idea as to what?
avatar
Anorak123
New Member

Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://anorakzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by The Godfather on June 4th 2018, 4:40 pm

Hello @Anorak123

We don't see any Adsense ads on your forum because we didn't add your line in the ads.txt of the root domain (available on https://www.forumotion.com/ads.txt).

We will update it this week and it will solve your issue
avatar
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 3023
Reputation : 414

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by Anorak123 on June 4th 2018, 7:10 pm

@The Godfather wrote:Hello @Anorak123

We don't see any Adsense ads on your forum because we didn't add your line in the ads.txt of the root domain (available on https://www.forumotion.com/ads.txt).

We will update it this week and it will solve your issue

Thank you.

(Does this mean I get an extension on my upgrade, given that it wasn't active and I lost some revenue as a result?)
avatar
Anorak123
New Member

Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://anorakzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by APE on June 4th 2018, 10:43 pm

No sadly we can't give you any more days as the system is installed automatic



avatar
APE
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 12320
Reputation : 1283
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by Anorak123 on June 4th 2018, 10:47 pm

@APE wrote:No sadly we can't give you any more days as the system is installed automatic

Well, thank you for your help with resolving the issue. Though it's a shame a product I've paid for hasn't worked for a month.
avatar
Anorak123
New Member

Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://anorakzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by APE on June 4th 2018, 10:49 pm

Maybe @Shadow or @The Godfather may have a way of helping you but I don't think they can.

Lets see if they reply back to you on it



avatar
APE
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 12320
Reputation : 1283
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by The Godfather on June 5th 2018, 8:45 am

Hello

@Anorak123 wrote:Well, thank you for your help with resolving the issue. Though it's a shame a product I've paid for hasn't worked for a month.

Google has announced since 2017 that the ads.txt file at the root of the subdomains would be taken into account from the beginning of the year 2018:

@Google wrote:In 2017 Google will only crawl and enforce ads.txt files placed on root domains, ignoring files placed on subdomains. Ensure that sellers authorized for your subdomains are included in the ads.txt file you place on your root domain. We are planning to crawl and enforce ads.txt files placed on subdomains beginning some time in early 2018. We will provide further details when this feature is available.

At the end of last month, Google removed this mention on its websites without making any announcement. This problem is really specific to Google Adsense. You can contact Google for any complaint regarding this fact.

So we will update the ads.txt file this week as soon as possible
avatar
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 3023
Reputation : 414

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by Anorak123 on June 5th 2018, 8:28 pm

@The Godfather wrote:Hello

@Anorak123 wrote:Well, thank you for your help with resolving the issue. Though it's a shame a product I've paid for hasn't worked for a month.

Google has announced since 2017 that the ads.txt file at the root of the subdomains would be taken into account from the beginning of the year 2018:

@Google wrote:In 2017 Google will only crawl and enforce ads.txt files placed on root domains, ignoring files placed on subdomains. Ensure that sellers authorized for your subdomains are included in the ads.txt file you place on your root domain. We are planning to crawl and enforce ads.txt files placed on subdomains beginning some time in early 2018. We will provide further details when this feature is available.

At the end of last month, Google removed this mention on its websites without making any announcement. This problem is really specific to Google Adsense. You can contact Google for any complaint regarding this fact.

So we will update the ads.txt file this week as soon as possible

Thank you.
avatar
Anorak123
New Member

Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://anorakzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adsense issue

Post by Anorak123 on June 17th 2018, 2:48 pm

Hi,

This problem still hasn't resolved itself. Grateful for any help you can provide.
avatar
Anorak123
New Member

Posts : 12
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://anorakzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum