The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom domain has been disabled. what gives?

5 posters

Go down

Solved Custom domain has been disabled. what gives?

Post by angrysausagedog June 6th 2018, 5:27 am

We too are suffering from our domain going missing.. and would like to know why..
I understand the new packages are now here, and the flood gates have opened regarding custom domains going the way of the dodo bird..

But the big issue I have here is that back on April 10th 'The Godfather' assured us that those of us with a domain already attached to our forums would not be affected.

I was concerned this would happen, so I bookmarked the thread and snagged a screenshot.
domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? WpUmWA0

Anyone care to weigh in on this? It's a bit unfair I must say.

Regards
~asd
angrysausagedog
angrysausagedog

Language : EN

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Custom domain has been disabled. what gives?

Post by SLGray June 6th 2018, 5:43 am

https://help.forumotion.com/t155978-domain-via-cname-not-showing#1074651

The topic was posted in the wrong section, so I have moved it to the correct section.
Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by angrysausagedog June 6th 2018, 6:04 am

So you guys just flat out renegged and gave no notice?

That's pretty low..
Purchasing a package is hardly worth the cost.. $8 per month to use a domain we already paid for is a rort for a start, The SSL certificate is useless to us being an external domain and the extra storage is unneeded.. aside from being able to use what we already paid for, what exactly are we getting for our money?

I'm not meaning to be rude, but the package features don't justify their prices, The 'included' items are in the most part going to remain unused by most site admins..

I understand you guys have bills to pay, but lets not forget that you run your adverts on our forums already, which should be more than capable of covering costs
angrysausagedog
angrysausagedog

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray June 6th 2018, 8:06 am

You can always purchase a domain name through Forumotion then you would not have to worry about adding a SSL certificate and other things.

domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonight June 6th 2018, 8:18 am

angrysausagedog wrote:I understand you guys have bills to pay, but lets not forget that you run your adverts on our forums already, which should be more than capable of covering costs
Not so sure about this one, a lot of people are using AdBlock.

However, yes, the way this change was done is weird. Mainly because it was told that nothing would change for "old users". Nothing we can do about it though, unfortunately.
Tonight
Tonight
Forumember

Male Posts : 312
Language : Estonian, English, Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by angrysausagedog June 6th 2018, 9:41 am

SLGray wrote:You can always purchase a domain name through Forumotion then you would not have to worry about adding a SSL certificate and other things.

We already have a known domain associated with our community, I don't see how a new one would help.

It's saddening that your only response to how the packages are not good value, is to tell me to spend even more..
at what point did forumotion turn from a community focused forum platform into a pushy marketing company?

Tonight wrote:
However, yes, the way this change was done is weird. Mainly because it was told that nothing would change for "old users". Nothing we can do about it though, unfortunately.

This is my point, Less than 60 days ago we where assured that we would be unaffected, and now we are being bullied into purchasing overvalued, under featured packages that can blow out to over $100 per year.. just to use a domain name we ALREADY OWN..
angrysausagedog
angrysausagedog

Back to top Go down

Post by vietkanpy June 6th 2018, 9:58 am

angrysausagedog wrote:
SLGray wrote:You can always purchase a domain name through Forumotion then you would not have to worry about adding a SSL certificate and other things.

We already have a known domain associated with our community, I don't see how a new one would help.

It's saddening that your only response to how the packages are not good value, is to tell me to spend even more..
at what point did forumotion turn from a community focused forum platform into a pushy marketing company?

Tonight wrote:

This is my point, Less than 60 days ago we where assured that we would be unaffected, and now we are being bullied into purchasing overvalued, under featured packages that can blow out to over $100 per year.. just to use a domain name we ALREADY OWN..

yes Sad I'm very sad and disappointed.
I still have to pay. forumvi no longer free Sad
I need only add free domain
vietkanpy
vietkanpy
Forumember

Male Posts : 89
Language : vietnam

http://benhxahoivn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 6th 2018, 6:55 pm

angrysausagedog wrote:So you guys just flat out renegged and gave no notice?

That's pretty low..
Purchasing a package is hardly worth the cost.. $8 per month to use a domain we already paid for is a rort for a start, The SSL certificate is useless to us being an external domain and the extra storage is unneeded.. aside from being able to use what we already paid for, what exactly are we getting for our money?

I'm not meaning to be rude, but the package features don't justify their prices, The 'included' items are in the most part going to remain unused by most site admins..

I understand you guys have bills to pay, but lets not forget that you run your adverts on our forums already, which should be more than capable of covering costs

We are sorry this was done without warning or any announcement's The plan was to keep you all happy by keeping the CNAME's But we ran in to some problems and had no choice but to turn them off to all members.

I am not sure of what the problems are as I don't work in the head office.

I understand you are upset about this and I think I would be to but unless you have a yearly package you can no longer use the address Sad

vietkanpy wrote:

yes Sad I'm very sad and disappointed.
I still have to pay. forumvi no longer free Sad
I need only add free domain
sadly the Free domain will only come to members that have a paid package and only if you are picked to have one at that time.

Free domain's are only gave to random picked forums with lots of use. Not everyone gets that Free address.

domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? Left1212domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? Center11domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? Right112
domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? Ape_b110
domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19109
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 19th 2018, 12:50 am

As marked as solved I will lock this and move it
If this is not solved please PM me with this threads link and I will reopen it for you.
Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? Left1212domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? Center11domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? Right112
domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? Ape_b110
domain taken - Custom domain has been disabled. what gives? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19109
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down