The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newly Registered Forum Members

2 posters

Go down

Newly Registered Forum Members Empty Newly Registered Forum Members

Post by Vaelaar April 8th 2008, 7:53 pm

Hey all,

I just started a forum and I want to make is so that people can register to post on my forums, but once they register, I don't want them to automatically be able to see all of my categories. I understand that Guests are the unregistered people visiting my forums, and members are the people that register. How do I set general permissions for these new members so that they can't see a particular category of forums on my page that I want for "members only?" (I'm differentiating here from forum members, and members of the guild that my forum is for.)

In short, I want all new members who register to be able to only view the public categories of my forum until I add them to a special group that will have access to the members area. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vae
Vaelaar

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Newly Registered Forum Members Empty Re: Newly Registered Forum Members

Post by zakir321 April 8th 2008, 9:34 pm

You almost answered your question yourself here - basically, you hide a section for the normal members and only a specific group has permission to view/write etc... this part. Wink

[How to create a group]

Now, change the permission of a specific Category/Forum in "Forum / Permissions". The option for normal members should be listed as well as the option for your groups. Just mark now the appropriate boxes for them and save (hint: "advanced mode" allows you to use more detailed options).

All you have to do now, is to add all users you want to see that forum into your newly created group. Smile
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down