Transparency and Image

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

In progress Transparency and Image

Post by Zeta on July 27th 2018, 11:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, I've got a bit of a conundrum. I have a forum where the background is to be translucent, everything including the text, editor, etc. All the background images and icons need to remain translucent too. Currently there is this in the CSS:

body {
opacity: .5;
filter: alpha(opacity=50);
}

And it does exactly as it needs to to made everything that needs to be translucent at the right 50%. It also makes the images posted in topics and character sheets translucent though, which needs to not happen. What do I add to this to keep everything else translucent but make the images in topics and character sheets completely opaque?
Zeta
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Transparency and Image

Post by brandon_g on November 28th 2018, 1:54 pm

Re opened on topic starter request.

Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 7727

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on November 28th 2018, 7:12 pm

Sadly we can not help you without seeing parts of your forum.

I understand where you are coming from about what your members want.

When telling us your forums is Phpbb2 this will help a little but the truth is you could have other codes already installed on your forum that will stop the basic codes working.

when we ask for your Forum URL we just go to your site look at the codes running in your site at the time and work our codes around your's,

Staff do not have the tools to load your skin on our systems and then test it as your forum will have codes not installed on the basic skin from hitskin.

What you could do is give us the founders account by PM and then one of us can use that account to help you. your members will never know it was anyone outside of your forum we would pop in then find the codes you are wanting then we would log out.

You could change the password before you gave the account info out to us.

Without the URL we can not help you any more then we have already sorry.
and I don't think any others can help you so us reopening this thread is not going to help you.

APE
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 13401
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta on November 29th 2018, 12:22 am

@APE wrote:Sadly we can not help you without seeing parts of your forum.

I understand where you are coming from about what your members want.

When telling us your forums is Phpbb2 this will help a little but the truth is you could have other codes already installed on your forum that will stop the basic codes working.

when we ask for your Forum URL we just go to your site look at the codes running in your site at the time and work our codes around your's,

Staff do not have the tools to load your skin on our systems and then test it as your forum will have codes not installed on the basic skin from hitskin.

What you could do is give us the founders account by PM and then one of us can use that account to help you. your members will never know it was anyone outside of your forum we would pop in then find the codes you are wanting then we would log out.

You could change the password before you gave the account info out to us.

Without the URL we can not help you any more then we have already sorry.
and I don't think any others can help you so us reopening this thread is not going to help you.

Now you want my account information? No. That is even less likely to happen than giving you my url, which already had a 0% chance of happening. Internet safety lectures warn us about that a million times over. Never give away account information.
And, you know, I would know you're there. Any admin would also know you're there if they're online.

There's somebody out there that can help using the information given. I intend to keep the topic open until they find it, whomever they are.
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on November 29th 2018, 12:46 am

Well then No one can help you with your problem as we don't know what codes are used already on your forum.

if you can't trust the full time staff that work for your Host then you can not get any other help from us as we need to know what is running on your forum at the time so codes can be made.

This is codes like JavaScript / CSS or templates.

APE
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 13401
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta on November 29th 2018, 4:10 am

@APE wrote:Well then No one can help you with your problem as we don't know what codes are used already on your forum.

if you can't trust the full time staff that work for your Host then you can not get any other help from us as we need to know what is running on your forum at the time so codes can be made.

This is codes like JavaScript / CSS or templates.
That has to be the royal we. You specifically might not be able to help, but somebody can eventually. And I'm fine with waiting.
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta on December 1st 2018, 3:44 pm

bump
Zeta
Forumember

Back to top Go down