The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site no longer secure and crowded with advertisements

3 posters

Go down

In progress Site no longer secure and crowded with advertisements

Post by Distinguished November 25th 2018, 3:37 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB2
Position : Member
Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome
Who the problem concerns : All members
When the problem appeared : About 8 months ago.
Forum link : http://christian-anxiety.forums-free.info/

Description of problem

Hello,
My site is not how it used to be. There is a "Not Secure" warning in the search bar banner that Chrome displays next to my forum address. When I first bring up the site, Bitdefender blocks it and gives a warning that the site is not secure. I have to unblock it just to get to the site. And when I do bring it up and click the first thing, an entire different advertisement page pops up, taking me away from the site and to the advertisement web page. I have to X off of that page in order to see my forum. All of these things I am sure are scaring potential new people away from checking out my forum. These things were not like this before. It was about 8 months ago or so that everything changed. I'm fine with the advertisement banners, but can you please take away some of the popups upon a link click that scares people away and make the forum more secure so that it will not be blocked by searches?
Thank you for your time.
Distinguished

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Site no longer secure and crowded with advertisements

Post by skouliki November 25th 2018, 4:59 pm

hello

you have to enable the SSL certificate and disable the ads by going to Administration panel...Misc... Forumotion...packages....
more details here Forumotion packages and Step to migrate your forum to HTTPS
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15061
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Site no longer secure and crowded with advertisements

Post by Ape November 25th 2018, 5:39 pm

Hello the popup problem comes when your forum is not active

You need to get more members posting this this will stop Right now your forum activity points is 0
You need at least 1 point to get this to stop then you need to keep it over 0 or it will come back.

My advice is to make 2 or 3 fake account's and post every day in then and post with them until you forum is used more.

This will stop your popups.

Now as for the warning YES this is 100% normal.

If you Don't have a HTTPS address this warning will come up as you don't have a SSL certificate

To get a SSL certificate for your forum you will need to pay for a package from your ACP this will give you the right to get a SSL certificate.

You do not need to buy a SSL certificate if you don't want to your forum will always be 100% safe with us at Forumotion all the SSL certificate really dose is makes your log in data more safe but as we don't carry a lot of personal info like bank card info this is not really a big problem for our forums and it's members.

phpBB2 - Site no longer secure and crowded with advertisements Left1212phpBB2 - Site no longer secure and crowded with advertisements Center11phpBB2 - Site no longer secure and crowded with advertisements Right112
phpBB2 - Site no longer secure and crowded with advertisements Ape_b110
phpBB2 - Site no longer secure and crowded with advertisements Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down