The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zeo Activity Points Forum Issues

+4
BlackScorpion
SLGray
Pete21
Karnine
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Solved Zeo Activity Points Forum Issues

Post by Karnine November 13th 2019, 10:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

When I got on my forum today via Google chrome I find this happened.  i mean what the heck Forumotion fix this visual error
Fixed to attach file of proof instead of Image code
2 - Zeo Activity Points Forum Issues - Page 3 Screen10 Incase you don't need attachment
Something is up with

Homepage
Structure and hierarchy
The information below will allow you to customize topics and the categories hierarchy on the forum index.

Index packing
Choose the level of packing you want for the index :
- None : Displays all levels,
- Medium : Displays the first level + one sub-level,
- Full : Displays only the first level.
As by admin cp on chrome
Mind you this on a high end device

It shows the same thing on Wii U console to then just on my tablet Google chrome

Ok this is weird it's only happing to my site only no other Forumotion. Did I do something wrong I mean what the heck Forumotion. I got no report emails nothing an I see my site missing structure to topics. This is alittle unfair that my site gets effected by this an no we're else.
Karnine
Karnine
Forumember

Male Posts : 53
Language : English

https://forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Zeo Activity Points Forum Issues

Post by Pete21 November 15th 2019, 6:42 am

SLGray wrote:This is not a restriction.  It is a way to stop forums that have outdated/error coding from affecting the servers that all the forums are hosted on.

If these issues are related to no activity points, you can increase your points by posting more, getting more members, members to post more, etc.

If I understand correctly, there are two different possible issues. One is the forum is outdated and/or the second one being there are no activity points. It's like apples & oranges mixed together. I guess I must fall in both categories using phpBB2 also. Thanks for the answers. Much appreciated.
Pete21
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ptgguy November 15th 2019, 7:06 am

I guess my main takeaway from this recent policy change is that there is nothing that can be done to keep a forum from being restricted, or whatever its called that inhibits function, besides increasing activity points to some undisclosed acceptable number.
ptgguy
ptgguy
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete21 November 15th 2019, 8:32 am

About 2 months ago, there was an issue with forums having redirects hidden within their page code. Can't remember the reason that was given then. It is somewhere on this forum. This looks like round two. If this is the path the administration wants to take in the future, then I would suggest that whatever forum does not comply with their rules (wrong coding/activity points/or whatever) gets simply flushed. At least we would know where we stand instead of these improvised pressure tactics.
Pete21
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnine November 15th 2019, 9:57 am

I hope they reconsider portals an widgets help out alot on a big forum including affiliated sites that are sisters to each. I really enjoy widgets alot it helps to keep you as admin from adding more to topics alot big time. I had like 11 portals for my RPG sections for like characters ect stuff including inter working of the build in to give information to topics.
Karnine
Karnine
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g November 15th 2019, 12:49 pm

I would just like to remind everyone that all that needs to be in order for all the stuff to be re enabled is make a couple posts a day. Once the forum no longer has 0 activity points it will revert back to your settings.

We understand that this update does cause issues on test forums (including our own) and we have pointed this out to head office. We are waiting to hear back.

2 - Zeo Activity Points Forum Issues - Page 3 Brando10
Remember to mark your topic 2 - Zeo Activity Points Forum Issues - Page 3 Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

2 - Zeo Activity Points Forum Issues - Page 3 Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki November 15th 2019, 3:31 pm

hello

my second forum is also activity zero cause its like read-only forum
i published on 13/11 five posts and today i went from 0 points to 19
so i advise you to do the same

skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15061
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnine November 17th 2019, 7:45 pm

Some how even though I still have 0 active my widgets came back did Forumotion change there minds? If so I am happy with the this out come an choice. It means alot to me to have widgets back an working correctly an portals. Portals an widgets are a major apart a team with each other. I don't were things are with Forumotion right now if it's fix then the issue is solved an resolved because I was ready to just deal with it an add more sub topics with my RPG characters I had in my widgets a stuff to give me something to do an update a few things. Only admins know if this is fixed as I seeing it now from my chrome it seems fixed.

Oh I testing it out right now I tested a widget for guest view it is working properly now :party: Good

Arrow I mean sometimes it's impossible to get new members an have them active. You have to think IRL stuff school etc stuff life throws at you sometimes it's hard to keep a active forum Forumotion knows this fact honestly keep this in mind.
Karnine
Karnine
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion November 17th 2019, 10:38 pm

Yeah i forgot to post this morning my forum also looks normal, with everything working. Not sure if they reverted back or not.
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7009

https://help.forumotion.com/f6-graphic-design-section

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g November 18th 2019, 2:00 am

Karnine wrote:Some how even though I still have 0 active my widgets came back did Forumotion change there minds? If so I am happy with the this out come an choice. It means alot to me to have widgets back an working correctly an portals. Portals an widgets are a major apart a team with each other. I don't were things are with Forumotion right now if it's fix then the issue is solved an resolved because I was ready to just deal with it an add more sub topics with my RPG characters I had in my widgets a stuff to give me something to do an update a few things. Only admins know if this is fixed as I seeing it now from my chrome it seems fixed.

Oh I testing it out right now I tested a widget for guest view it is working properly now :party: Good

Arrow I mean sometimes it's impossible to get new members an have them active. You have to think IRL stuff school etc stuff life throws at you sometimes it's hard to keep a active forum Forumotion knows this fact honestly keep this in mind.

It is unlikely any change was made today as head office is closed on weekends except for absolute emergencies (I.e Servers down or database issues).

2 - Zeo Activity Points Forum Issues - Page 3 Brando10
Remember to mark your topic 2 - Zeo Activity Points Forum Issues - Page 3 Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

2 - Zeo Activity Points Forum Issues - Page 3 Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ptgguy November 18th 2019, 7:27 am

BlackScorpion wrote:Yeah i  forgot to post this morning my forum also looks normal, with everything working. Not sure if they reverted back or not.
Yes, mine https://www.pyongyangtrafficgirls.com has been good since yesterday too, I also was wondering if someone fixed the problem, but apparently everyone's forums have just began functioning normally again. I was able to reconfigure my portal back to what it was no problem, I looked at it on 4 different browsers and all is OK. Hope this was just a temporary glitch.
ptgguy
ptgguy
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki November 18th 2019, 12:01 pm

Everything came back as before, no restrictions
so i will mark this thread as solved Smile

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules
skouliki