Unofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review

Go down

Unofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review Empty Unofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review

Post by Anji 1 on Mon 18 May - 15:29

My forum is relatively new, so I would have loved a review for an opinion on how I am doing so far. However no matter what I do I can't seem to get the code in the top post to work.

Okay, worked it out. I think it would help if you let people know when copying the code you do not actually put it in the code box. Just straight into your post. At least that's the only way I could get it to work Smile

Name of the Forum: Unofficial Township Forum
Address: https://township.forumotion.com
Type of Review: Complex Review
Your Name on the board: Downton Admin
Link to your last Review (if applicable): N/A

Last edited by brandon_g on Wed 20 May - 19:25; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed link- brandon_g)
Anji 1
Anji 1
Forumember

Language : english

View user profile https://township.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review Empty Re: Unofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review

Post by ChanelW on Mon 18 May - 15:48

Hello,

Thank you for your request. I would like to review your forum, however, I hope you don't mind waiting whilst I complete assignments & get to it as soon as I can?

Best wishes,
ChanelW

Last edited by ChanelW on Mon 18 May - 15:55; edited 1 time in total

Unofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review Chanel10
______ | _________ | ________
beep boop
ChanelW
ChanelW
Forum Reviewer
Forum Reviewer

Female Posts : 198
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review Empty Re: Unofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review

Post by Anji 1 on Mon 18 May - 15:54

Hi @ChanelW Smile

No rush at all, I appreciate you responding so quickly. Thanks Very Happy

Last edited by Anji 1 on Mon 18 May - 15:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lol, looks like I still didn't get the request code right. Thanks for fixing it Chanel ;))
Anji 1
Anji 1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on Tue 19 May - 14:29

Hello,

I will try and write you one tomorrow Wink.

-Brandon
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 9134

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anji 1 on Tue 19 May - 14:31

Thanks @Brandon_g

Much appreciated Good
Anji 1
Anji 1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on Wed 20 May - 21:24

@Anji 1 Here is my review of your forum, please feel free to pm me with any questions or concerns you may have with it. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it for you. Wink

#Review #Complex #brandon_g_Review

Free Forumotion Service: Complex Review

Unofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review Yfr11
Forum

First ImpressionsUnofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review 910

• When I first enter your forum, I am greeted by a well-designed banner that matches the overall design and theme of the forum. The second thing that catches my eye about your forum is the blue and white background that lines either side of the website. The background is very gentle on the eyes, yet also gets my attention at the same time, which is always good. The next thing that catches my eye when I visit your website is the mix of categories and forums you have, most of It which seems to match your site topic (A game called Township according to my research). Overall, my first impressions of your site are very good, so great job so far.

Forum Appearance Unofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review 710

• First off, I just want to say your design is very unique, I don’t think I have come across a forum with a similar design before, so well done on an original site design. With that said, let me move on to my thoughts on your design. As I mentioned earlier, I find the blue and white background that lines the left and right sides of the site to be a good touch, being both gentle on the eyes and also looking aesthetically pleasing at the same time. The main body of the site, however, is just a plain white background. While it is not terrible and I can understand why you chose white as a background color (it is easier to type on and goes well with any color text), I personally think it would look even better if it was a color that blended seamlessly with the blue image on the sides of the site. For instance, perhaps a slightly lighter blue color than the one that lines the sides, one that blends well with the outside of the site, but is also light enough to type on. By doing so, I think you can improve your already great site design. All that being said though, in general your design is great and I can see you and your team put a lot of work into making sure it was consistent throughout, so well done.

Members and Forum ActivityUnofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review 1011

• For a forum that was started a little over a month ago, your forum activity is very good. With the current state of forums all over the world, the fact that you have built a forum from the ground up in 44 days and have the amount of activity that you have is very impressive. You have active users that have been posting daily, and they are posting about the game township which is great. In fact, in just the hour that it has taken to me research and begin writing this review, your forum had 4 new posts, which is great! All that being said, while having an active userbase this early on in your forum’s life is great, the challenge with any forum is being able to maintain that userbase over the entire life of your forum. You are going to want to find unique and creative ways to keep your users coming back again and again. The best way to do this is with a combination of contests, giveaways and a strong social media presence. My suggestion for you would be to start organizing some contests if you have not already, where maybe you can giveaway something game related as a prize (a new avatar, money, an unlockable, etc). I would also suggest making social media accounts for your forum and using them to engage with your members and promote your forum to potential new users as well. Overall, I find your forum activity very impressive for the age of your forum and I look forward to seeing how much it continues to grow in the future.

Staff and UsergroupsUnofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review 910

• Your forum only has 3 usergroups which are Administrators, Downton Administrators, and Moderators. While I am not sure what the difference between the role of Administrators and ‘Downton Administrators’ are, I assume there must be a good reason why you have chosen to have 2 Administrator groups, so I don’t that is an issue. I see there are a few staff members on the site, all of which are active and seem to be engaged with the community which is great. I can tell your staff take their roles on the site seriously, which is very important to the smooth operation of any website. Overall, I find your usergroups perfectly fine and your staff seem to be very engaged with their community and very passionate about keeping the forum running smooth.

Forum OriginalityUnofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review 1011

• I find your forum to be very unique. While I am not familiar with the game Township, which your forum is based on (I actually googled what it was as part of my research for this review), I can tell that it is one of only a couple Township forums out there. I think you have done a great job of building a forum on a game that you love and enjoy and have been able to get that forum in front of others who are also passionate about the game. Each category and forum appear to be about a specific part of the game which is great and means that your users can discuss many aspects of the game that they may be interested in. Overall, I find your forum to be very original, you have a built a forum with an original design, around a very unique game that you and your users are passionate about and enjoy playing and discussing.

Grammar and SpellingUnofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review 910

• After looking over your forum, I have only found 1 typo: There is a forum named ‘None Game Related Chat’ I believe this should be ‘Non-Game Related Chat’. Other than that 1 minor typo, I haven’t spotted any spelling or grammar errors.

Reviewer's FeedbackUnofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review 810

• To summarize my thoughts and feedback on your forum, I find that you have a very unique and active forum with a great staff team and site design, however, your forum design can be further improved by changing the main body color to a very light blue color that blends with the blue on the sides of the forum. You can also maintain and grow your active userbase by organizing contests and/or prize giveaways and by creating a strong and engaging social media presence for your forum. You have a great community and forum, but with some minor improvements it has potential to be the best Township forum out there.

Average Review Score: 8.8/10

Would you like to share your review on your forum, on another forum, or with your friends? Then here you go... grab the code!
Code:
center][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/16/89/96/68/yfr11.png[/img]
[size=18][font=Trebuchet MS]Forum [/font][/size][/center]

[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color] [/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]First Impressions[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/910.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]When I first enter your forum, I am greeted by a well-designed banner that matches the overall design and theme of the forum. The second thing that catches my eye about your forum is the blue and white background that lines either side of the website. The background is very gentle on the eyes, yet also gets my attention at the same time, which is always good. The next thing that catches my eye when I visit your website is the mix of categories and forums you have, most of It which seems to match your site topic (A game called Township according to my research). Overall, my first impressions of your site are very good, so great job so far.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Forum Appearance [/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/710.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]First off, I just want to say your design is very unique, I don’t think I have come across a forum with a similar design before, so well done on an original site design. With that said, let me move on to my thoughts on your design. As I mentioned earlier, I find the blue and white background that lines the left and right sides of the site to be a good touch, being both gentle on the eyes and also looking aesthetically pleasing at the same time. The main body of the site, however, is just a plain white background. While it is not terrible and I can understand why you chose white as a background color (it is easier to type on and goes well with any color text), I personally think it would look even better if it was a color that blended seamlessly with the blue image on the sides of the site. For instance, perhaps a slightly lighter blue color than the one that lines the sides, one that blends well with the outside of the site, but is also light enough to type on. By doing so, I think you can improve your already great site design. All that being said though, in general your design is great and I can see you and your team put a lot of work into making sure it was consistent throughout, so well done.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Members and Forum Activity[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/1011.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]For a forum that was started a little over a month ago, your forum activity is very good. With the current state of forums all over the world, the fact that you have built a forum from the ground up in 44 days and have the amount of activity that you have is very impressive. You have active users that have been posting daily, and they are posting about the game township which is great. In fact, in just the hour that it has taken to me research and begin writing this review, your forum had 4 new posts, which is great! All that being said, while having an active userbase this early on in your forum’s life is great, the challenge with any forum is being able to maintain that userbase over the entire life of your forum. You are going to want to find unique and creative ways to keep your users coming back again and again. The best way to do this is with a combination of contests, giveaways and a strong social media presence. My suggestion for you would be to start organizing some contests if you have not already, where maybe you can giveaway something game related as a prize (a new avatar, money, an unlockable, etc). I would also suggest making social media accounts for your forum and using them to engage with your members and promote your forum to potential new users as well. Overall, I find your forum activity very impressive for the age of your forum and I look forward to seeing how much it continues to grow in the future.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Staff and Usergroups[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/910.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]Your forum only has 3 usergroups which are Administrators, Downton Administrators, and Moderators. While I am not sure what the difference between the role of Administrators and ‘Downton Administrators’ are, I assume there must be a good reason why you have chosen to have 2 Administrator groups, so I don’t that is an issue. I see there are a few staff members on the site, all of which are active and seem to be engaged with the community which is great. I can tell your staff take their roles on the site seriously, which is very important to the smooth operation of any website. Overall, I find your usergroups perfectly fine and your staff seem to be very engaged with their community and very passionate about keeping the forum running smooth.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Forum Originality[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/1011.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]I find your forum to be very unique. While I am not familiar with the game Township, which your forum is based on (I actually googled what it was as part of my research for this review), I can tell that it is one of only a couple Township forums out there. I think you have done a great job of building a forum on a game that you love and enjoy and have been able to get that forum in front of others who are also passionate about the game. Each category and forum appear to be about a specific part of the game which is great and means that your users can discuss many aspects of the game that they may be interested in. Overall, I find your forum to be very original, you have a built a forum with an original design, around a very unique game that you and your users are passionate about and enjoy playing and discussing.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Grammar and Spelling[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/910.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]After looking over your forum, I have only found 1 typo: There is a forum named ‘None Game Related Chat’ I believe this should be ‘Non-Game Related Chat’. Other than that 1 minor typo, I haven’t spotted any spelling or grammar errors.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Reviewer's Feedback[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/810.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]To summarize my thoughts and feedback on your forum, I find that you have a very unique and active forum with a great staff team and site design, however, your forum design can be further improved by changing the main body color to a very light blue color that blends with the blue on the sides of the forum. You can also maintain and grow your active userbase by organizing contests and/or prize giveaways and by creating a strong and engaging social media presence for your forum. You have a great community and forum, but with some minor improvements it has potential to be the best Township forum out there.
[/list]
[hr]
[table  style="width:100%;"][tr][td style="text-align:center;"][b][color=#3399cc]Average[/color] [color=#333333]Review[/color] [color=#3399cc]Score[/color]:[/b] 8.8/10[/td][/tr][/table]

brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Anji 1 on Wed 20 May - 22:30

Thank you for such a positive review @Brandon_g Very Happy

Your suggestions and advice was exactly the type of thing I was hoping for. I am not on social media, so didn't even consider social accounts to help promote my site. I will explore this idea for sure!

Oops I am glad you pointed out the correct spelling for my 'Non-Game Related' forum section. Not sure how long that would have stayed as it was otherwise Embarassed

I do love the suggestion of a light blue background. Not sure how easy it is to implement, as in I don't know if the skin on the forum makes it more complicated. Though I did manage to add the matching blue background to my banner. Again I will explore this further. As I am learning, most things are possible Very Happy

I think some sort of regular contest and prizes would work really well. It will cause me and my team to get creative too! So a fun thing for everyone to get involved in Very Happy

I am looking forward to discussing these points and suggestions with the rest of the forum staff. 

Thank you so much. It is just the motivation I needed to carry on pushing myself with the forum Good

Last edited by Anji 1 on Wed 20 May - 22:39; edited 1 time in total
Anji 1
Anji 1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on Wed 20 May - 22:36

I am glad you liked my review Very Happy. I look forward to reviewing your forum again some time in the future after it has grown some more. Smile
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Anji 1 on Thu 21 May - 4:48

@Brandon_g I have had a change around with my forum background colours Smile

I know you have already done my review, but would love if you could have a quick look when you have time and let me know if I have made a step in the right direction Very Happy
Anji 1
Anji 1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on Thu 21 May - 5:06

I like it, looks better to me. I am sure Chanel will give your more stuff to work on when she does her review for you as well. Wink
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Anji 1 on Thu 21 May - 5:13

It seems less harsh than the white, and blends better as you mentioned.

Thanks for the idea Good
Anji 1
Anji 1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by vancrideout on Mon 25 May - 21:00

Yah skin of the forums is complicated. but i like the review
vancrideout
vancrideout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fick1995 on Mon 25 May - 21:09

I agree thanks for sharing it
Fick1995
Fick1995

Male Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on Mon 25 May - 21:47

@vancrideout wrote:Yah skin of the forums is complicated. but i like the review

@Fick1995 wrote:I agree thanks for sharing it
Please do not post in review topics unless you are offering suggestions or critiques.  Also you can discuss this by PM's.

Unofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review Slgray10
Unofficial Township Forum ~ Complex Review Ssshfm13

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 47698

View user profile https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum