The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User Only Access to Custom-Made HTML Pages

4 posters

Go down

User Only Access to Custom-Made HTML Pages Empty User Only Access to Custom-Made HTML Pages

Post by Petal December 8th 2006, 4:30 pm

Is there any way that we can configure a custom-made page so that only logged-in users may view it?
Petal
Petal
Forumember

Female Posts : 84
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

User Only Access to Custom-Made HTML Pages Empty Re: User Only Access to Custom-Made HTML Pages

Post by Caihlem December 8th 2006, 4:59 pm

Nope
However, you can go to the category and forum permissions and put View to MEM (members), making that only members will see what you forum has
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

User Only Access to Custom-Made HTML Pages Empty Re: User Only Access to Custom-Made HTML Pages

Post by Petal December 24th 2006, 1:12 am

When I was told that it was not possible, I entered it as a suggestion (with a poll) in a thread titled "Custom-Made Pages Accessible Only By Logged-In Users". I was happy to get a response in that thread stating that it is possible, but that we must wait for technicians to write out the tutorial. (Understandably so.)

I was just curious of this project's progress. I understand that it is a bit akward to ask during the holidays. As aforementioned, I am curious. Very Happy

To recap, this is what I hope to accomplish:
User Only Access to Custom-Made HTML Pages Exampleyt9

That "Chat" page is a custom-HTML page that I would rather not have accessible to anonymous users. Please know that the chat feature I use for that forum is not the same chat feature offered by Editboard. And if anyone wonders why, it is because that chat page offers 12 different chat rooms. Very Happy
Petal
Petal
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SLJ December 28th 2006, 9:24 pm

Non members don't have access to the chat, you have to be logged in.
SLJ
SLJ
Forumember

Female Posts : 180
Language : American English

View user profile http://forumcritique.forumstech.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Petal December 28th 2006, 9:39 pm

You are right, SLJ. But I do not use the chat service provided by Editboard. I use a service that provides 12 chat rooms. And it would be nice to have the 1 HTML page that contains the menu/links to these chatrooms to be accessed by only the members.

The reason for so many chat rooms is because my community relies on virtual conference rooms. To hold more than 1 meeting in 1 room is unprofessional.

But I do appreciate the reply.
Petal
Petal
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem December 28th 2006, 11:20 pm

I don't think it' possible to have a button on th nav bar only members can see (that would actually be a cool proposal actually Wink)

The only way you could make it that only members have access to the page would be to post the link(s) in a forum with permissions set to View: MEM and Read: MEM
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lockelymarkets December 28th 2006, 11:41 pm

What I've done in my forum is have a HTML page with a list of various forms which users can have, then I link each form link to a topic in a VIEW: MOD READ: MEM which have the links to the form, and in the nav bar I have a icon for the page with the links.

Thats an Idea you could use.
lockelymarkets
lockelymarkets
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : English, French and German. Please PM for MSN address.

View user profile http://transit.forumzen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Petal December 28th 2006, 11:56 pm

Thank you, everyone. For the time being, I shall follow your advice.
Petal
Petal
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down