Yoshi Fans Club - Complex Review

Go down

Yoshi Fans Club - Complex Review Empty Yoshi Fans Club - Complex Review

Post by YoshiGM on December 25th 2020, 9:09 pm

Hello,
I want to request a review of my forum..

Name of the Forum: Yoshi Fans Club
Language of the forum: Spanish
Address: https://yoshifansclub.foroactivo.com
Type of Review: Complex Review
Your Name on the board: YoshiGM
Link to your last Review (if applicable): (My first review)
YoshiGM
YoshiGM
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1043
Language : Spanish & English

View user profile http://asistencia.foroactivo.com/u21373

Back to top Go down

Yoshi Fans Club - Complex Review Empty Re: Yoshi Fans Club - Complex Review

Post by brandon_g on January 2nd 2021, 6:21 pm

Hello @YoshiGM,

I apologize for the delay, I did not see your request until today, must have missed it the last couple times I was on. I will work on your Review Tuesday and will hopefully be able to complete it the same day Wink.

-Brandon

Yoshi Fans Club - Complex Review Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Yoshi Fans Club - Complex Review Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Yoshi Fans Club - Complex Review Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 9549
Language : English

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by YoshiGM on January 2nd 2021, 6:40 pm

Without problems brandon. Thanks for your time and happy holidays thumright
YoshiGM
YoshiGM
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on January 6th 2021, 12:36 am

@YoshiGM,

As promised, I have started your review, however, it is taking a little longer to complete than I originally anticipated due to some things going on in life that I could not anticipate for last week. I will be continuing to work on your review over the next couple days and will have it posted for you by the end of the week.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and delay.

-Brandon

Remember to mark your topic Yoshi Fans Club - Complex Review Solved15 when a solution is found.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by YoshiGM on January 7th 2021, 5:55 pm

I understand your situation brandond and don't worry i'm very patient Wink
YoshiGM
YoshiGM
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on January 9th 2021, 2:47 am

@YoshiGM, here is your review. Keep in mind that in accordance with the rules governing non-english forum reviews, the grammar and spelling section of this review has been removed. I hope you enjoy the review, it was a pleasure to review your forum. You have a very nice forum, and if it was in English I may even consider joining it. Anyway, if you have any questions or concerns or feedback regarding this review, feel free pm me or reply to this topic and I will be happy to address them.

Thank you for using the Review Section and being the first international forum to be Reviewed! I hope you will request another soon. Very Happy I love you

#Review #Complex #brandon_g_Review

Free Forumotion Service: Complex Review

Yoshi Fans Club - Complex Review Yfr11
Yoshi Fans Club

First ImpressionsYoshi Fans Club - Complex Review 810

• When I first enter your forum, I am greeted by a wonderful banner that very clearly describes what the forum is about. As I scroll down, I am welcomed to the forum by Yoshi himself, which I think is a great touch and certainly adds a great first impression for new users of your forum. As I scroll down, I notice the green color scheme which matches Yoshi’s green color perfectly, further emphasizing what the forum is about (More on the forum design in the next section). I also notice plenty of sections that are Yoshi and non-Yoshi related sections, all of which actually have a good number of topics in them. This gives myself and other users a sense that there will be plenty of content to look at on your forum. Overall, my first impressions of your site are very good and definitely leave with a sense of passion and love you must have for Nintendo’s little green dinosaur.

Forum Appearance Yoshi Fans Club - Complex Review 10_b11

• I must say that I am very impressed with your forum design. Your forum design all the way around is very consistent and the color scheme matches with the primary purpose of your forum: discussing Yoshi. I love the green color you have in the header, footer and category headers of your forum. They, along with the Yoshi icons throughout your forum scream Yoshi a mile away, which for a Yoshi fan club forum is exactly what you want. The most impressive part of the whole theme for me though is just how well you have blended everything together and created a design that is easy on the eyes and still stands out. The design flows from green, to white/gray, back to green, then back to white/gray again. This actually is how the color scheme on Yoshi himself is now that I think about it, which further adds to the impressiveness of the design for me. Moving on to other aspects of your forum design such as topic icons, post icons, ranks, etc. I must reiterate what a splendid job you have done being consistent and incorporating Yoshi throughout the design. I love the egg ranks you have for members; they are very cute and fitting. I also love the Yoshi based staff ranks that you have for staff as well. I like the new posts, no new posts and locked icons you have in the forum sections, they are all different color Yoshi’s and keep with the overall theme of the forum. The entire forum design in general is just fantastic and I love just how well you blended the design together, with the green and white and gray color scheme you have, along with incorporating Yoshi as often as you could. You did a great job with it and the design genuinely makes the forum look and feel like Yoshi land or something. As hard as I tried (and I spent about an hour looking and studying the design), I wasn’t able to find any one thing about the design where I was saying to myself “This should be changed” or “This should not be here”. It is truly a well-rounded design all the way around and as I said before, screams Yoshi at every turn. For that reason, I have decided to give your design a 10 out 10 which is quite rare for designs, especially on a first review of the forum. Well done on your design!!

Members and Forum ActivityYoshi Fans Club - Complex Review 610

• Let us move on now to members and activity, which is the bread and butter of almost any forum. Your forum seems to have been around a very long time (from the join date on your founder account it looks like the forum was made in March of 2008, so congrats on being almost 13 years old!), over that time an impressive 1520 registered members. While this number is impressive, the trick to any forum is keeping as many of those members as active as possible. In the three days now that I have been observing and studying your forum for this review, you have had 6 members at least sign in. Each of those members has made at least one post during that time. This shows you have a few active members who routinely participate on the forum, which is certainly not a bad thing. With your forum you have the unique challenge of trying to not only attract members in a ‘niche’ type forum, but also find a way to keep those members engaged and keep theming to come back for more Yoshi fun! While you have done a great job of attracting so many Yoshi loving members over the years, I can tell it has been a challenge trying to keep them all actively engaged and participating in the forum. I have a few ideas for you that may help keep members not only coming back routinely, but also engaged in the community in some form. My first idea for you would be to make a section dedicated to Yoshi based roleplay, where perhaps you can start some roleplaying games that you and your members can each participate in. Just imagine the fun and unique ‘Yoshi land’ stories that you may be able to create. Roleplays while certainly sometimes hard work to run, are a great way to get members engaged in the forum, and your forum is actually in a prime position to do so. With the focus of your forum being a fictional Nintendo character, the sky is the limit for things you can do with it, and you could even incorporate maybe other characters from the Nintendo or Super Mario world like Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, etc. I do not know if roleplay is something you have ever thought about or tried, but it might be something worth trying if your open to it. My second idea would be to run some sort of contest or game where members can have a chance to win either maybe some ‘red coins’ as the forum currency on your forum seems to be called, or maybe even Yoshi related Plush items such as a stuffed animal, blanket, pillow, etc. Offering something cheap (if your budget allows, I know money does not always permit) like a plushie for a prize, can give members a reason to participate in the contest. As for contest ideas, well I do have a couple of those for you as well. The first idea that popped into my head was maybe a ‘Yoshi Egg’ scavenger hunt, where you hide Yoshi eggs in old posts or something and members have to scour the forum to find as many as possible. Whoever finds the most can win a prize of some kind. Another idea would be a short story contest where members can each write a short story featuring Yoshi or a Yoshi related character, and the best story or stories can win. A 3rd and final contest idea I have for you is perhaps some of sort of drawing, or graphic design contest where members can draw or create a picture of either Yoshi or something from Yoshi land and members can then vote on their favorites and the most voted ones win the prize. This last one only works if you know you have some creative or artistic members who participate in this, otherwise I would stick to the first two ideas. These are just some ideas that I think might help boost activity among that brought member base you have and maybe even help you expand it further. Overall, while your activity isn’t the greatest at the moment post wise, you still have a handful of active members who visit frequently. By implementing even, a couple of my ideas and suggestions to your forum, your forum has the potential to have a lot of active “Yoshi’s” running around.

Staff and UsergroupsYoshi Fans Club - Complex Review 8_b10

• You currently have four user groups. They are ‘Administrators’, ‘Moderators’, ‘Collaborators’, ‘Yoshi Artists’ and ‘Writers’. Of these groups, only ‘Administrators’ and ‘Writers’ have any members in them. I find that almost all of these groups are sufficient and reasonable groups for a forum such as yours. The only group I do not really understand the purpose of is ‘Collaborators’. What is the purpose of this group? Is It like a vip or premium members type group? The description does not really clear up what the group is for either. It is always possible Google Translator is not translating the group name or description correctly, but the current description from Google Translator is ‘Yoshi Fans Club Contribution and Help Staff’, is this description correct? If so does this group make it like the support moderator group here on the support forum? If so, I do not think you really need a dedicated group for this, as the moderator and administrator groups can handle user issues. This is really my suggestion for you in terms of groups. As for your number of staff, you seem to only have three staff members at the moment, yourself as admin and then 2 writers. For your current traffic and post levels this Is perfectly sufficient.

Forum OriginalityYoshi Fans Club - Complex Review 1011

• Moving on now to your forum’s originality, there really is not much for me to say in this category. Your forum is about original as they come. Not only have you done a fantastic job with the unique design of the site, but you also have a forum based on Yoshi. I can not say I have seen another forum based solely on Yoshi, who is generally considered to be a side character to the Mario and Luigi franchise. The fact that you have managed to build an entire forum and community around a side character, but you have done a great job of it as well. You should be proud of this accomplishment, and for that reason I will again give you the rare 10/10 rating that very few forums receive on their first review.

Reviewer's FeedbackYoshi Fans Club - Complex Review 8_b10

• As the end of this review is nearing, I would like to summarize my overall opinion of your forum, as well as mention a couple other things I could not mention in the other sections. Overall, I find your forum to be a very unique forum, that focuses on the Nintendo character Yoshi, which is both unique and interesting, as I have never seen a forum that focuses purely on Yoshi. You have done a great job building the site, with a broad number of members, an excellent Yoshi inspired design that is consistent throughout the site and actually kind of looks like Yoshi himself. Another cool thing I noticed on your forum that I didn’t mention previously is I LOVE the Yoshi emotes you have, you have somehow managed to find a Yoshi emote for every single emotion out there. It is very creative and definitely fits the site perfectly, well done! While your site design is excellent and your forum is as unique as they come, your forum seems to struggle with getting people to post actively. This can be improved by potentially creating a Yoshi based/related roleplay game that can keep members engaged. Additionally you could also run contests where members win either points or a cheap prize like a plushie or something. This might help boost activity and keep members posting coming back again and again. Overall, you have a solid foundation for your forum, and with some minor improvements to help improve your activity, you will have one great forum!

Average Review Score:8.3/10

Would you like to share your review on your forum, on another forum, or with your friends? Then here you go... grab the code!
Code:
[table class="tuto-content"][tr][td]

[center][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/16/89/96/68/yfr11.png[/img]
[size=18][font=Trebuchet MS]Yoshi Fans Club[/font][/size][/center]

[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color] [/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]First Impressions[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/810.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]When I first enter your forum, I am greeted by a wonderful banner that very clearly describes what the forum is about. As I scroll down, I am welcomed to the forum by Yoshi himself, which I think is a great touch and certainly adds a great first impression for new users of your forum. As I scroll down, I notice the green color scheme which matches Yoshi’s green color perfectly, further emphasizing what the forum is about (More on the forum design in the next section). I also notice plenty of sections that are Yoshi and non-Yoshi related sections, all of which actually have a good number of topics in them. This gives myself and other users a sense that there will be plenty of content to look at on your forum. Overall, my first impressions of your site are very good and definitely leave with a sense of passion and love you must have for Nintendo’s little green dinosaur.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Forum Appearance [/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/10_b11.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]I must say that I am very impressed with your forum design. Your forum design all the way around is very consistent and the color scheme matches with the primary purpose of your forum: discussing Yoshi. I love the green color you have in the header, footer and category headers of your forum. They, along with the Yoshi icons throughout your forum scream Yoshi a mile away, which for a Yoshi fan club forum is exactly what you want. The most impressive part of the whole theme for me though is just how well you have blended everything together and created a design that is easy on the eyes and still stands out. The design flows from green, to white/gray, back to green, then back to white/gray again. This actually is how the color scheme on Yoshi himself is now that I think about it, which further adds to the impressiveness of the design for me. Moving on to other aspects of your forum design such as topic icons, post icons, ranks, etc. I must reiterate what a splendid job you have done being consistent and incorporating Yoshi throughout the design. I love the egg ranks you have for members; they are very cute and fitting. I also love the Yoshi based staff ranks that you have for staff as well. I like the new posts, no new posts and locked icons you have in the forum sections, they are all different color Yoshi’s and keep with the overall theme of the forum. The entire forum design in general is just fantastic and I love just how well you blended the design together, with the green and white and gray color scheme you have, along with incorporating Yoshi as often as you could. You did a great job with it and the design genuinely makes the forum look and feel like Yoshi land or something. As hard as I tried (and I spent about an hour looking and studying the design), I wasn’t able to find any one thing about the design where I was saying to myself “This should be changed” or “This should not be here”. It is truly a well-rounded design all the way around and as I said before, screams Yoshi at every turn. For that reason, I have decided to give your design a 10 out 10 which is quite rare for designs, especially on a first review of the forum. Well done on your design!!
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Members and Forum Activity[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/610.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]Let us move on now to members and activity, which is the bread and butter of almost any forum. Your forum seems to have been around a very long time (from the join date on your founder account it looks like the forum was made in March of 2008, so congrats on being almost 13 years old!), over that time an impressive 1520 registered members. While this number is impressive, the trick to any forum is keeping as many of those members as active as possible. In the three days now that I have been observing and studying your forum for this review, you have had 6 members at least sign in. Each of those members has made at least one post during that time. This shows you have a few active members who routinely participate on the forum, which is certainly not a bad thing. With your forum you have the unique challenge of trying to not only attract members in a ‘niche’ type forum, but also find a way to keep those members engaged and keep theming to come back for more Yoshi fun! While you have done a great job of attracting so many Yoshi loving members over the years, I can tell it has been a challenge trying to keep them all actively engaged and participating in the forum. I have a few ideas for you that may help keep members not only coming back routinely, but also engaged in the community in some form. My first idea for you would be to make a section dedicated to Yoshi based roleplay, where perhaps you can start some roleplaying games that you and your members can each participate in. Just imagine the fun and unique ‘Yoshi land’ stories that you may be able to create. Roleplays while certainly sometimes hard work to run, are a great way to get members engaged in the forum, and your forum is actually in a prime position to do so. With the focus of your forum being a fictional Nintendo character, the sky is the limit for things you can do with it, and you could even incorporate maybe other characters from the Nintendo or Super Mario world like Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, etc. I do not know if roleplay is something you have ever thought about or tried, but it might be something worth trying if your open to it. My second idea would be to run some sort of contest or game where members can have a chance to win either maybe some ‘red coins’ as the forum currency on your forum seems to be called, or maybe even Yoshi related Plush items such as a stuffed animal, blanket, pillow, etc. Offering something cheap (if your budget allows, I know money does not always permit) like a plushie for a prize, can give members a reason to participate in the contest. As for contest ideas, well I do have a couple of those for you as well. The first idea that popped into my head was maybe a ‘Yoshi Egg’ scavenger hunt, where you hide Yoshi eggs in old posts or something and members have to scour the forum to find as many as possible. Whoever finds the most can win a prize of some kind. Another idea would be a short story contest where members can each write a short story featuring Yoshi or a Yoshi related character, and the best story or stories can win. A 3rd and final contest idea I have for you is perhaps some of sort of drawing, or graphic design contest where members can draw or create a picture of either Yoshi or something from Yoshi land and members can then vote on their favorites and the most voted ones win the prize. This last one only works if you know you have some creative or artistic members who participate in this, otherwise I would stick to the first two ideas. These are just some ideas that I think might help boost activity among that brought member base you have and maybe even help you expand it further. Overall, while your activity isn’t the greatest at the moment post wise, you still have a handful of active members who visit frequently. By implementing even, a couple of my ideas and suggestions to your forum, your forum has the potential to have a lot of active “Yoshi’s” running around.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Staff and Usergroups[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/8_b10.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]You currently have four user groups. They are ‘Administrators’, ‘Moderators’, ‘Collaborators’, ‘Yoshi Artists’ and ‘Writers’. Of these groups, only ‘Administrators’ and ‘Writers’ have any members in them. I find that almost all of these groups are sufficient and reasonable groups for a forum such as yours. The only group I do not really understand the purpose of is ‘Collaborators’. What is the purpose of this group? Is It like a vip or premium members type group? The description does not really clear up what the group is for either. It is always possible Google Translator is not translating the group name or description correctly, but the current description from Google Translator is ‘Yoshi Fans Club Contribution and Help Staff’, is this description correct? If so does this group make it like the support moderator group here on the support forum? If so, I do not think you really need a dedicated group for this, as the moderator and administrator groups can handle user issues. This is really my suggestion for you in terms of groups. As for your number of staff, you seem to only have three staff members at the moment, yourself as admin and then 2 writers. For your current traffic and post levels this Is perfectly sufficient.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Forum Originality[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/1011.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]Moving on now to your forum’s originality, there really is not much for me to say in this category. Your forum is about original as they come. Not only have you done a fantastic job with the unique design of the site, but you also have a forum based on Yoshi. I can not say I have seen another forum based solely on Yoshi, who is generally considered to be a side character to the Mario and Luigi franchise. The fact that you have managed to build an entire forum and community around a side character, but you have done a great job of it as well. You should be proud of this accomplishment, and for that reason I will again give you the rare 10/10 rating that very few forums receive on their first review.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Reviewer's Feedback[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/8_b10.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]As the end of this review is nearing, I would like to summarize my overall opinion of your forum, as well as mention a couple other things I could not mention in the other sections. Overall, I find your forum to be a very unique forum, that focuses on the Nintendo character Yoshi, which is both unique and interesting, as I have never seen a forum that focuses purely on Yoshi. You have done a great job building the site, with a broad number of members, an excellent Yoshi inspired design that is consistent throughout the site and actually kind of looks like Yoshi himself. Another cool thing I noticed on your forum that I didn’t mention previously is I LOVE the Yoshi emotes you have, you have somehow managed to find a Yoshi emote for every single emotion out there. It is very creative and definitely fits the site perfectly, well done! While your site design is excellent and your forum is as unique as they come, your forum seems to struggle with getting people to post actively. This can be improved by potentially creating a Yoshi based/related roleplay game that can keep members engaged. Additionally you could also run contests where members win either points or a cheap prize like a plushie or something. This might help boost activity and keep members posting coming back again and again. Overall, you have a solid foundation for your forum, and with some minor improvements to help improve your activity, you will have one great forum!
[/list]
[hr]
[table  style="width:100%;"][tr][td style="text-align:center;"][b][color=#3399cc]Average[/color] [color=#333333]Review[/color] [color=#3399cc]Score[/color]:[/b]8.3/10[/td][/tr][/table]

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

YoshiGM likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by YoshiGM on January 9th 2021, 11:52 pm

Hello Brandon,
First of all.. Thank you very much for your review of my forum.

The group of "collaborators" at first had the purpose of helping users with their requests for coins, badges and some other requests, but after reading what you have told me, I agree with you and it is a quite unnecessary group and with others can do everything they do and not have an unnecessary group.

I have read everything you have told me and I really value everything and about the ideas that you have mentioned, I will be working with my team about it, that some ideas that you gave seemed quite interesting. Very Happy

Cheers ~
YoshiGM
YoshiGM
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on January 11th 2021, 12:23 am

Your welcome for the review Yoshi. I enjoyed reviewing your forum! I hope you request another review in the future so I can see how it is after any changes you make.

Also it was fun to see how much you all love Yoshi. Of all the Nintendo characters, Yoshi is probably one of the most under rated, so it was cool to see an entire forum about him. Wink

-Brandon

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: