The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly

4 posters

Go down

Solved Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly

Post by RS.Club-MGR November 8th 2021, 4:03 am

Technical Details

Forum version : #ModernBB
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Other
Who the problem concerns : Yourself
When the problem appeared : November 07, 2021 at 9:56 PM
Forum link : https://servimg.com/images.php

Description of problem

Hi,

When uploading images to Servimg.com, the image is succesfully uploaded. Once it is uploaded, and I'm a TECHIE by the way Not an Average User FYI, the URL img.serv it generates to copy/paste into the Admin Panel's Display / Advancement to paste the URL in one of the fields for the menu navigation like, Calendar Image, does NOT Save. I am so frustrated with this platform it is a HUGE TIME SUCK and not very intuitive. I feel like this platform operates like a 1990's type website and NOT current in the 2020's.

What type of web and database servers do you guys invest in? I have seen some not so good reviews before I tried using this forum administrative management platform. Unfortunately, you guys seem to be the only resource out there. If this is a very time-sucking absorbing site that makes it difficult for me, I'm posting a BAD Review and going elsewhere to let or warn others know, "If you do not mind having a time-sucking admin management platform, then this forum platform to set things up would be for you. If you have a busy limited schedule with a full-time job and don't have a whole lot of time, I suggest shopping for another forum platform that runs on BETTER WEB-HOSTED TECHNOLOGY!
RS.Club-MGR
RS.Club-MGR

Male Posts : 20
Language : English - United States

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly

Post by Ape November 8th 2021, 4:51 pm

Hello @RS.Club-MGR

I am sorry you find this system we use not to your standers.
We are a small Free host that do our best to host a good service sadly this is not to everyone's taste or standards.
The Image host is hosted outside our service and we just integrated it on our systems You got to remember this is a Free host and has little money coming on and most of that is from our ad's.

Servimg is also a free to use with no limits as such.

Like most Free hosts out there money is hard to come by and times have changed. and as much as i hate saying it most Free host have now gone under and closed the doors or have gone over to paid service and we at forumotion.com really don't want this for our forums so we only have a small team and the rest of us are working for free to keep costs down.

We can't always please every one but we do a good job with what we have.

I am sad you feel the way you do and wish you would change your mind.

ModernBB - Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly Left1212ModernBB - Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly Center11ModernBB - Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly Right112
ModernBB - Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly Ape_b110
ModernBB - Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

TonnyKamper, Neptune- and qatala like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 8th 2021, 8:39 pm

So after adding the link in the AP and clicking the green save button for the AP page, the image is not saved?  Also when you uploaded the image using Servimg, did you click the insert button?

ModernBB - Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved For Ape Admin: Fully Understand

Post by RS.Club-MGR November 9th 2021, 6:14 am

Hello Ape Admin - I just want to respond and will give your platform another go at it. When you put it in that context about your small org's infrastructure, I fully understand. I worked in web hosting for many years and re-entered the workforce in the travel-tech industry. Investing in a large amount of infrastructure is financially challenging. I know what the cost is to have your own data center no matter the size. It can run in the millions, so I will give you guys a go. After careful research, you were listed in the Top 5. I guess I'll be more patient. I was venting with frustration. You're welcome to check in with me. My forum is coming along and will be linking this to my main site in a way to capitalize on it. Thanks for your response. It made complete sense.
RS.Club-MGR
RS.Club-MGR

Male Posts : 20
Language : English - United States

Ape likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Neptune- November 9th 2021, 8:35 am

Hi,

RS.Club-MGR wrote:Unfortunately, you guys seem to be the only resource out there.

Ape wrote:... most Free host have now gone under and closed the doors

The law of the strongest ! Only the best survive! Or the less bad

Have fun with Forumotion ! (with or without millions)

Euh ...
My answer is not sponsorised, not enough money for it. And a smile is still costless Mr. Green
Neptune-
Neptune-
Forumember

Female Posts : 496
Language : French (10), English (8), CSS (5), HTML (4), Javascript (4)

https://www.galaxie-series.net/

skouliki, SarkZKalie and TonnyKamper like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 9th 2021, 3:51 pm

Thank you @RS.Club-MGR

I hope you and your forum all the best and if there is anything else we can do to help you along the way please don't hesitate to make a new topic.

We are always here to help if we can. thumright
Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

ModernBB - Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly Left1212ModernBB - Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly Center11ModernBB - Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly Right112
ModernBB - Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly Ape_b110
ModernBB - Uploading Images With Servimg.com Does Not Sync Properly Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down