The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum with increased 'social site' style networking?

3 posters

Go down

Is the social site- basic profile pages & basic profile search/browse idea a good one?

Forum with increased 'social site' style networking? Left11100%Forum with increased 'social site' style networking? Right11 100% 
[ 5 ]
Forum with increased 'social site' style networking? Left110%Forum with increased 'social site' style networking? Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]
Forum with increased 'social site' style networking? Left110%Forum with increased 'social site' style networking? Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Forum with increased 'social site' style networking? Empty Forum with increased 'social site' style networking?

Post by the.unko.lema April 16th 2008, 4:03 am

Yes, sort of like myspace or facebook...

For example my forum at the moment revolves around teenagers, who can talk about stuff such as friends, dating, sex, fashion, health etc... so it would be cool if users could, u know... browse each other's pages.

It does NOT have to be a fully customisable page like myspace (yuk! bad html pages!) but could still show things like photos (or just the user's avatar), thier interests, thier friends, and other basic sort of (customisable?) fields, with a "message" button or maybe even a comment section.

Yes, I know this sort of exists all ready in the forums, but its quite limited... I think it would be a cool idea if users could search the 'profiles' of other users on information such as location, sex, orientation, keywords and age. This would increase the social element. Furthermore, it could be an option for forum creators whether or not they wish to enable it.

So thus, you start a web revolution... with the world's first social & forum site. I think if you keep it simple it could really work well!

what do you think?

Last edited by the.unko.lema on April 16th 2008, 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to make a clearer topic heading)
the.unko.lema

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Forum with increased 'social site' style networking? Empty Re: Forum with increased 'social site' style networking?

Post by nai kiba April 16th 2008, 4:34 am

yes, my clan site has this and it nice
nai kiba
nai kiba
Forumember

Male Posts : 174
Language : english

http://aggcentral.niceboard.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Forum with increased 'social site' style networking? Empty Re: Forum with increased 'social site' style networking?

Post by the.unko.lema April 16th 2008, 7:08 am

Your clan site, is it on forum motion?.. sounds good...

how exactly does it work? enlighten. goods and bad? Smile
the.unko.lema

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem April 16th 2008, 3:54 pm

Already proposed
=> Lock
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down