The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

registration procedure?

3 posters

Go down

Solved registration procedure?

Post by Poul David July 12th 2022, 4:12 pm

Hi,

I have gradually had at least 100 possible profiles who can not figure out how to register!

I think it is the famous pictures that people have to answer!

this they can not find out and therefore give up signing up for my forum!

so it's way too hard to sign up, can you make the system, so it is much easier for people?

or is this impossible with the system?

with best regards

Paul David


Last edited by Poul David on July 13th 2022, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poul David
Poul David
Forumember

Posts : 145
Reputation : 2
Language : Danmark

View user profile https://dinedebatter.danskforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: registration procedure?

Post by skouliki July 12th 2022, 6:12 pm

Hello

Usually the images are very easy i am very surprised that 100 !! people found it hard
Are you sure they tried ? or they just saw the anti-spam system and left without any effort
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 13318
Reputation : 1585
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: registration procedure?

Post by Poul David July 13th 2022, 9:43 am

skouliki wrote:Hello

Usually the images are very easy i am very surprised that 100 !! people found it hard
Are you sure they tried ? or they just saw the anti-spam system and left without any effort

Hi,

yes they click on the pictures that they think they should, but then they just get some new pictures that they have to click on and when they have done this a 5-10 times yes then they give up the registration!

it was much easier if they could just click in the box I'm not a robot!

and then be registered immediately!

some forums have a system for asking a question such as. what is the name of the capital of denmark or something else that a robot cannot answer!

this would not exclude a lot of possible members who can not figure out the famous pictures that they should and should not click on!

I can even remember the first time I wanted to sign up for this system that I had to go through a sea of ​​pictures before it finally succeeded - so my assessment is that it is far too difficult for members to sign up!

but maybe you can not make it easier for people, as it is a programming question?
Regards
Paul
Poul David
Poul David
Forumember

Posts : 145
Reputation : 2
Language : Danmark

View user profile https://dinedebatter.danskforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: registration procedure?

Post by skouliki July 13th 2022, 9:46 am

since this is an antispam security system i do not think that it will change but you can wait for an Admin to answer also
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 13318
Reputation : 1585
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: registration procedure?

Post by Poul David July 13th 2022, 10:19 am

skouliki wrote:since this is an antispam security system i do not think that it will change but you can wait for an Admin to answer also

Thanks I wait!

Paul
Poul David
Poul David
Forumember

Posts : 145
Reputation : 2
Language : Danmark

View user profile https://dinedebatter.danskforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: registration procedure?

Post by Ape July 13th 2022, 1:27 pm

Hi @Poul David

Sadly this system is there to help stop bots making new account's on your forums and ours.
The one where you are asked a Question no longer works as well as this one we have now, The problem is we have to have something to stop or help stop them bots and right now the one we have now is one of the best out there.

If they are getting more images this means they have not clicked on the right number of images in the first place.

If i remember right you have to click on at least 3 images and some times 4 depending on the way the images are laid out

So say it's a side walk / Pedestrian crossing you will see it with 3 images but you might see it with a little over hanging this one don't need to be clicked its only the 3 in full view.

Sadly we will not remove this and you can't hide this as this would be breaking our TOS.

Regards.

Ape.

PS. if your members have a problem you could always ask them for the Email address and username and make the account for them if they really want to make an account with you.


registration procedure? Left1212registration procedure? Center11registration procedure? Right112
registration procedure? Ape_b110
registration procedure? Keep_s10
registration procedure? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 18249
Reputation : 1933
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

View user profile http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: registration procedure?

Post by Poul David July 13th 2022, 3:25 pm

Ape wrote:Hi @Poul David

Sadly this system is there to help stop bots making new account's on your forums and ours.
The one where you are asked a Question no longer works as well as this one we have now, The problem is we have to have something to stop or help stop them bots and right now the one we have now is one of the best out there.

If they are getting more images this means they have not clicked on the right number of images in the first place.

If i remember right you have to click on at least 3 images and some times 4 depending on the way the images are laid out

So say it's a side walk / Pedestrian crossing you will see it with 3 images but you might see it with a little over hanging this one don't need to be clicked its only the 3 in full view.

Sadly we will not remove this and you can't hide this as this would be breaking our TOS.

Regards.

Ape.

PS. if your members have a problem you could always ask them for the Email address and username and make the account for them if they really want to make an account with you.

Hi Ape!

"now the one we have now is one of the best out there."

yes I know, but people click on the wrong pictures and then they get some others all the time!

it is of course a problem because then they give up signing up!

"If they are getting more images this means they have not clicked on the right number of images in the first place."

yes but it can be very difficult to see which ones are the right ones and which ones are wrong!

"So say it's a side walk / Pedestrian crossing you will see it with 3 images but you might see it with a little over hanging this one don't need to be clicked its only the 3 in full view."

ok I did not know that and probably not possible new members either!

I want to post about this in my forum!

"if your members have a problem you could always ask them for the Email address and username and make the account for them if they really want to make an account with you"

yes, I have already done that with someone from FB who could not find out either - if she then sends her email in PB I do not know yet!

but thanks for the help!

Best regards
Paul
Poul David
Poul David
Forumember

Posts : 145
Reputation : 2
Language : Danmark

View user profile https://dinedebatter.danskforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: registration procedure?

Post by skouliki July 13th 2022, 4:08 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 13318
Reputation : 1585
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum