Just Installed New Theme - Few Problems

Go down

Just Installed New Theme - Few Problems Empty Just Installed New Theme - Few Problems

Post by dremits on April 27th 2008, 9:08 pm

Hi, I just installed a theme but there's a few problems with it.

1. First off you can't change any colours on the admin panel - nothing happens (and yes I am clicking save) so the site's description can't be seen.
  2. How can I decrease the space between the banner and the nav buttons? See below:Just Installed New Theme - Few Problems Ss1
  3. Also How can I change the width of the actual forum. See below:Just Installed New Theme - Few Problems Ss5
  4. And how can I resolve this overlapping at the bottom of every page:Just Installed New Theme - Few Problems Ss4

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by dremits on April 29th 2008, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
dremits
Forumember

Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just Installed New Theme - Few Problems Empty Re: Just Installed New Theme - Few Problems

Post by dremits on April 29th 2008, 6:46 pm

OK the chat box log in is now showing.
dremits
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just Installed New Theme - Few Problems Empty Re: Just Installed New Theme - Few Problems

Post by zakir321 on April 30th 2008, 4:14 am

1. Obviously this skin uses custom CSS. This will always overwrite the basic forum settings. You'd have to change the colors in the CSS (Styles / colors / CSS).

2. need a link to your board to tell you

3. Try to enter the width in the colors panel. use a %-number to have a dynamic width that changes depending on your browsers window-size. If that has no effect, go to the CSS tab again, search for the entry "#wrap" (Ctrl+F) and change the width there. You should find something like this:

#wrap{
width: 90%;
}

4. Try to place the code below into your custom CSS field (at the very bottom)

ul.linklist li.rightside{margin-top:0px}
zakir321

Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dremits on April 30th 2008, 5:58 pm

Thanks for the help. That's resolved most of my problems! Cheers!

However i'm actually not sure where in the CSS I can find where to change the background color of the homepage message (the dark grey bit near the top).

In response to the reply here is a link to my forum for step 2: www.bloodyexams.forumotion.com

Thanks again,
Emits
dremits
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 on May 1st 2008, 12:05 am

For point 2: Go to your custom CSS tab again and search for the entry ".headerbar" (Ctrl+F). You should find something like:

.headerbar{
padding: 50pt 0px
}

Change the red marked value to 0 and the extra space should disappear. Smile

Basically the same procedure for the homepage message. You'd have to search for the entry ".panel". The background-color would also apply as color for the profile settings and probably some other parts of your board that I can't recall now by heart.
zakir321

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dremits on May 4th 2008, 5:43 pm

Thanks very much worked perfectly.

Just one more thing though, Which line do I go to to change the colour of the description at the forum (below the banner - click the link and you'll see it's white so you can barely read it).
dremits
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 on May 4th 2008, 7:20 pm

You can change that with the following CSS code:

#logo-desc p {color: #000000}

Change the hex-code to the color you need or use a simple color name instead of the #00... . Wink
zakir321

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum