The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way to have new registrations Admin enabled?

5 posters

Go down

Is there a way to have new registrations Admin enabled? Empty Is there a way to have new registrations Admin enabled?

Post by klb1011 May 1st 2008, 11:18 pm

We would want new registrations enabled by admins only, not just anyone able to register for our forum. I cannot figure out if there is a way to do this. If there is, I can't find it. Thank you!
Very Happy
klb1011

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to have new registrations Admin enabled? Empty Re: Is there a way to have new registrations Admin enabled?

Post by NOBLE CANADIAN May 1st 2008, 11:31 pm

Hey klb1011,

Go to: Administration Panel > Users & Groups > User Settings (under 'Users' in left column). Once you've done this, change the 'New accounts activation' field to 'Admin'. This will allow you to manually activate the accounts that you want on your forums.
NOBLE CANADIAN
NOBLE CANADIAN
Forumember

Male Posts : 176

http://tdmclan.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to have new registrations Admin enabled? Empty Re: Is there a way to have new registrations Admin enabled?

Post by Skittles May 1st 2008, 11:35 pm

Yes you can do that. Go to your Admin Panel >> Users and Groups >> User Settings, look for New Accounts Activation, and select Admin.

You might also want to decide who you want to be receiving the emails for activation, which is the next thing listed, to checkmark. Check Admins again, if you just want admins approving them. Wink

Edited to add, Noble Canadian beat me to it. We posted at the same time. But I added something else, so I am going to leave my post as is. Wink
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by klb1011 May 2nd 2008, 2:25 am

Thank you both for the replies! Getting used to a new system!

One more. Can more than one person be an admin? Ive looked all over and I cannot seem to find a way to do that. I can see you can make someone an admin n NAME but on the homepage their username is not bolded in red as it should be if they truly were an admin. I registered myself under 2 emails to try it out, and one was a a 'true' admin and was not, even though I went into users and made the other user an admin.

hmmm. What am I doing wrong or can there be only 1 admin?

Cheers and thanks. Very Happy
klb1011

Back to top Go down

Post by MareBG May 2nd 2008, 2:48 am

When you go to users profile and set his/her status to admin thats just a rank
Its posible to bi more than one admin

control panel --> users and groups --> groups --> administration groups and than you see group administrators,click on the edit button (under action) - encircel button

and you can add admins there

Is there a way to have new registrations Admin enabled? Asd11

thats it Smile
MareBG
MareBG
Forumember

Male Posts : 77
Language : Serbian,Russian,English,Greeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Zigian May 4th 2008, 8:02 pm

hey I have a problem with the first question klb1011 asked... I can set it to Admin for the activation and everything, but people are still activating their accounts by themselves. Is there a way to make it so that the people who apply to join litterally can't activate their account? Because the type of forum I have, needs to be somewhat private, so not just everyone can join. But I set it to that and 2 new members joined without me or any other admin activating their accounts.
Zigian
Zigian
Forumember

Male Posts : 42
Language : American English

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles May 5th 2008, 12:49 am

skittlespc wrote:Yes you can do that. Go to your Admin Panel >> Users and Groups >> User Settings, look for New Accounts Activation, and select Admin.

You might also want to decide who you want to be receiving the emails for activation, which is the next thing listed, to checkmark. Check Admins again, if you just want admins approving them. Wink

Edited to add, Noble Canadian beat me to it. We posted at the same time. But I added something else, so I am going to leave my post as is. Wink

Both me and Noble Canadian already answered that question. I quoted it above.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Zigian May 5th 2008, 6:19 pm

ya, but like I said, I did that and it's not working. I've had it set to that for about a week, and yesterday 2 people joined without anyone letting them in. That's my problem, not that I don't know how to set it, but that the setting isn't working.

Edit: nvrmnd, I just tried registering for my own forum, and it works fine. Sorry about that.
Zigian
Zigian
Forumember

Male Posts : 42
Language : American English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum