The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting double in my nav link creation...

5 posters

Go down

getting double in my nav link creation... Empty getting double in my nav link creation...

Post by WitchKing May 8th 2008, 7:32 am

Hello, I'm trying to add a new link in my header, I thought that I had to go to my Admin Panel>Homepage>Nav Links. There I clicked "add customized menu". I then put in a name for the menu, and in the text field i entered "someName", then the redirect url I put in the appropriate addy, then saved. However when I view it, I do not get the icon separation between the links and the link shows up literally twice. Example: " someName someName". I just want the link to show up once along with an icon separator of the style I'm using. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
WitchKing
WitchKing

Male Posts : 14
Language : English

Back to top Go down

getting double in my nav link creation... Empty Re: getting double in my nav link creation...

Post by Skittles May 8th 2008, 10:20 pm

It sounds as if you are showing both text and image. Try this...

Admin Panel >> General >> Homepage >> Headers, look for Display Only Images in the link bar, and check mark YES. See if that changes it.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

getting double in my nav link creation... Empty Re: getting double in my nav link creation...

Post by JamesBannon May 8th 2008, 11:03 pm

We have the same problem. I tried you're suggestion and while it doesn't show the double link, it doesn't show any images either.

ETA: It doesn't show the standard menus, though it does show the link.
JamesBannon

Back to top Go down

Post by NOBLE CANADIAN May 8th 2008, 11:26 pm

Hello JamesBannon,

PM me your forum address and I'll have a look.
NOBLE CANADIAN
NOBLE CANADIAN
Forumember

Male Posts : 176

http://tdmclan.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Myghin May 8th 2008, 11:34 pm

It's because you left the image space blank. Put in a small, transparent square image and it will fix the problem. A way to see this is to look at one of the links not doing it, and copy-paste that link's image url to your new piece. I had this trouble the other day.
Myghin
Myghin

Female Posts : 6
Language : English, French (learning)

http://ff8rpg.chocoforum.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesBannon May 8th 2008, 11:42 pm

Thanks very much. I appreciate it. Fixed now.
JamesBannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myghin May 9th 2008, 12:47 am

Congratulations. I'm glad the problem was fixed. Very Happy
Myghin
Myghin

Female Posts : 6
Language : English, French (learning)

http://ff8rpg.chocoforum.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

getting double in my nav link creation... Empty Thanks very much,

Post by WitchKing May 9th 2008, 4:07 am

First, thank you so much for your quick replies Skittlespc AND Myghin, it's greatly appreciated. Myghin's idea resolved the issue and Skittles your did too, to a degree. I probably didn't articulate my issue well enough. My fault.

I have a small roleplaying (Fantasy) community forum here, where we talk about the game (3.5 DnD), politics, and literature. Here's my invitation to both of you, we do not have a female voice in the entire group! So, if you would like to stop by and opine on our posts/issues, you're more than welcome too. Thanks again, to the both of you.

WitchKing
batman
WitchKing
WitchKing

Male Posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum