The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second chatbox links to original one

Go down

Second chatbox links to original one Empty Second chatbox links to original one

Post by Guest May 9th 2008, 3:46 pm

Ok i created a new HTML page with a second chatbox, the second chatbox is for private use and each user has to go through an authentication page then the second chatbox is useable for only an admin and that one member but the chatbox keeps linking itself to the main chatbox, its starts ok but after it refreshes a couple of times you end up in the public chatbox

Anyone got any idea's around this?
Or some html code for a chatbox that might resolve this?

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Second chatbox links to original one Empty Re: Second chatbox links to original one

Post by Adiex May 9th 2008, 3:57 pm

sorry to say but seem this idea impossible to do if your use same default forum chat box. but maybe you can make separate chatbox for that. i mean 1 chatbox were default forum chatbox & another you embed an external chatbox from outside sources Wink
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Second chatbox links to original one Empty Re: Second chatbox links to original one

Post by Guest May 9th 2008, 3:59 pm

Thats what i was thinking so i tried that but again after refreshing it a few times it some how links into the first one, maybe its something that the forum does Confused lol

This has got me stumped lol

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex May 9th 2008, 4:07 pm

lmao, i kinda confuse.. did you use same chatbox and just separate it? or you makes totally different chatbox forum different source?
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2008, 4:11 pm

At first i used the same code but then decided against it and created a new different embedded code linked in from an extrenal source Very Happy

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex May 9th 2008, 4:19 pm

since i cant see you chat box there, im assume you put one chatbox in public such in portal & put another private chatbox on customize html pages that visible only for admin right?

im kinda cant figure it ot you problem there bcz uf you use totally different of chatbox source, its should be working fine Confused
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2008, 4:23 pm

You are correct,

I double checked all the codes but there must be a leak in the codes somewhere that makes it reconnect to the user (original) chatbox

Tell you what, i'm gonna get one of my guys to double check the code for me and i'll post back lol Fresh eyes

Very Happy

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum