The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A threat by a user to get someone to destroy my forum.

2 posters

Go down

A threat by a user to get someone to destroy my forum. Empty A threat by a user to get someone to destroy my forum.

Post by bt06 May 10th 2008, 6:09 am

Well, technically it isn't MY forum, but I put alot of time into it, and I am staff on it. Some loser that hasn't logged onto the forum in forever logged in yesterday. He starts complain about how we didn't choose him to be a mod blah blah blah... So no he is threatening to get a hacker to take down the forum. I have been on 5 forums were they have been completely destroyed, by the renowned hacker, Mconnel. \

http://swampfrogurt.forummotion.com/general-chat-f12/you-re-lucky-t494.htm

The forum is for kids, so we don't need these kind of people on there. Please, can somebody help me? Rolling Eyes
bt06

Language : English

Back to top Go down

A threat by a user to get someone to destroy my forum. Empty Re: A threat by a user to get someone to destroy my forum.

Post by Simple Plan May 10th 2008, 11:51 am

Hmm... it sounds like the people on the forum have the right idea about banning him and reporting him to the Melbourne police but...

I would personally follow it through this: https://help.forumotion.com/rules-important-points-f10/complaint-against-a-forum-how-to-t12330.htm

I do realise it isn't exacly that problem, but it is suspicious behaviour on your board, and I think that this may be something Forumotion need to look into for safety.

I do hope that you manage to solve this, but I would react fast if I was you, and it may also help if a Mod/Admin noticed this thread too...

But yeah, I would report it through that link I gave you, and report him to his local police as he is breaking internet laws with hacking...

Hope it goes well, if it gets really bad, PrivateMessage all the users (except the suspicious ones) and move your whole forum. Just export your theme and move it somewhere else, then get your members to move over . Yeah you'll be starting again, but you'll be safer, but make sure you don't make public posts, keep it all in PM's so the hackers cannot follow you.

Good luck!

- Simple Plan
Simple Plan
Simple Plan
Forumember

Male Posts : 131
Language : English

Back to top Go down

A threat by a user to get someone to destroy my forum. Empty Re: A threat by a user to get someone to destroy my forum.

Post by Guest May 10th 2008, 2:29 pm

ok,

I would follow Simple Plan's advice but I think that that guy made the whole thing up. And then backed off because he thought that you were going to report him. But... Still Report him.

Drag~

Back to top Go down