icons

Go down

icons Empty icons

Post by Jeissel Denise on May 11th 2008, 12:06 pm

how to change the icons when posting like b, i, u, s just like the icond above when you are posting
Jeissel Denise
Jeissel Denise
Forumember

Female Posts : 318
Language : English

View user profile http://hellokitty.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

icons Empty Re: icons

Post by g7acu on May 11th 2008, 12:42 pm

I'm absolutely sure you can't change these, they are default icons within the forum. Just looked throught the icons file in Admin and there's no screen to allow this change.
g7acu
g7acu
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 11th 2008, 3:50 pm

You can change them but you must have Edit templates enabled

Back to top Go down

Post by g7acu on May 11th 2008, 5:47 pm

My apologies to Kilsek, he's quite right that they can be edited if you pay for the option of template editing. I didn't mention this however as I've come to accept that most users aren't interested in paying for the option to make relatively minor changes, plus you'd need some idea of what you're doing to edit the standard forum templates.
g7acu
g7acu
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 11th 2008, 7:45 pm

@g7acu wrote:My apologies to Kilsek, he's quite right that they can be edited if you pay for the option of template editing. I didn't mention this however as I've come to accept that most users aren't interested in paying for the option to make relatively minor changes, plus you'd need some idea of what you're doing to edit the standard forum templates.

Minor? With templates editing aI was able to add side bars on my site and extend the signiture length. HAVE A LOOK I think that is more than minor. I have also been able to add a rate this topic feature.

Any javascript that is on the web you can 90% of the time add it to your site. Template editing is Major! I like it so much I have it paid for until Dec 23 2009!

Back to top Go down

Post by g7acu on May 11th 2008, 7:58 pm

I didn't mean to suggest that only minor changes were possible Kilsek, I have full template editing myself and am fully aware of what is available.

What I meant was that users who aren't familiar with script etc., (and you've got to admit, most users aren't familiar with this) or who don't wish to pay for the template editing, might want to avoid the template editing option for making what might be relatively small changes to their forum (such as changing the posting icons mentioned).
g7acu
g7acu
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 11th 2008, 8:07 pm

Indeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeissel Denise on May 12th 2008, 4:36 am