The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the difference between a "founder" and "admin"? [Solved]

3 posters

Go down

What is the difference between a "founder" and "admin"? [Solved] Empty What is the difference between a "founder" and "admin"? [Solved]

Post by Brad38 May 27th 2008, 11:57 pm

Hello fellow forum folks,

When I first got my forum, I was given the user name, "Admin" and chose a password. After I set my forum up, I changed the name "Admin" to my real name and selected a new password. I can log into my administration panel fine but I can't seem to log into the Utility/tools section where the backups are and to fix URL errors etc.

So, what is the difference between a founder and me...the Admin/creator of the forum? And how do I log into the "tools" management? My current user name and password won't allow me to access the Utilities section.

Thanks again,
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

What is the difference between a "founder" and "admin"? [Solved] Empty Re: What is the difference between a "founder" and "admin"? [Solved]

Post by Sir-Duke May 28th 2008, 12:42 am

user name for utillities is your email address and password is the one that you used to create forum
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Male Posts : 584

http://www.smartappsworld.forumn.org

Back to top Go down

What is the difference between a "founder" and "admin"? [Solved] Empty Re: What is the difference between a "founder" and "admin"? [Solved]

Post by Luky May 28th 2008, 12:43 am

Founder is the first account you have when creating a forum. The one called Admin. The first account will always remain the founder account(even if you change the name from Admin to any name you want). To log in to the utilities you need to use either your forums address and your creation password or the e-mail address you used when you created the forum and the password you used for creation. If you don't remember your creation password read this topic
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 May 28th 2008, 1:03 am

Ok...got it...Thanks Luky and Sir-Duke! Smile Very Happy
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky May 28th 2008, 9:02 am

You're welcome.Since this topic appears to be solved, I will lock it and mark it as solved.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down