The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to list individual moderators ?

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to list individual moderators ? Empty How to list individual moderators ?

Post by Brad38 June 1st 2008, 3:28 am

Hello everyone,

Can someone help me to figure out how to have a list of the moderators who moderate each of my forums? Under each individual forum it has who the moderators are for the forums but instead of listing the names, it just says "Moderator:Moderators" I want it to list the individual moderators by name. I had this figured out before, then changed my configuration and now for the life of me can't figure out how to do this again. Question

Here is the screen shot of what I'm talking about that shows what I DON'T want it to show:

How to list individual moderators ? Exampl14
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

How to list individual moderators ? Empty Re: How to list individual moderators ?

Post by akashic June 1st 2008, 9:17 pm

Hi Brad

Firstly to get rid of the second word 'moderators', click on it and make it a closed or hidden group and the word will disappear.

Secondly to name a moderator on a forum : admin > users and groups > groups > then on the far right is the permissions symbol a X over a tick, click that, then check boxes of forums you want them to be moderators of.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709

Back to top Go down

How to list individual moderators ? Empty Re: How to list individual moderators ?

Post by Brad38 June 1st 2008, 10:25 pm

akashic wrote:Hi Brad

Firstly to get rid of the second word 'moderators', click on it and make it a closed or hidden group and the word will disappear.

Secondly to name a moderator on a forum : admin > users and groups > groups > then on the far right is the permissions symbol a X over a tick, click that, then check boxes of forums you want them to be moderators of.

Hi Akashic and thank you for answering,

I did what you suggested but it didn't work. All the permissions for my moderator are checked and for the forums I want her to be moderating. I do want to keep the word Moderator: but besides that instead of saying "Moderators"..I want the actual moderators' name to appear. So it would look like: Moderator: Akashic
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 1st 2008, 10:42 pm

Hi Akashic,

I managed to get it to work, but what I had to do was change the name of the "Moderators" group, to the individual name of the moderator. I don't know if this is the right way and if I want to list more moderators under the same group in the future, will this work?

Also, the colour that I've assigned my moderator, isn't showing up now under the listing. It's only showing in her posts. I'm so confused with this, lol. There are things that I find so easy to do with the forum that might be hard...then there are things that should be easy that I just can't seem to figure out.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 1st 2008, 10:48 pm

Ok that should have worked.

Lets try something else

admin > forum > categories and forums > click the permissions (x over a tick) of any of your forums

You should then see a box with your admin names and your list of mods, click the persons name you want to be mod of that forum - don't forget to save

Very Happy
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 1st 2008, 10:50 pm

I managed to get it to work, but what I had to do was change the name of the "Moderators" group, to the individual name of the moderator. I don't know if this is the right way and if I want to list more moderators under the same group in the future, will this work?

Yes you have to have each individuals name in the mods group, and yes it will work if you add more names, make sure you add them to that group tho.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 1st 2008, 10:53 pm

Hi Akashic,

Yes, I did get it to work and I have it now the way I want with it showing: "Moderator: Person's name" under each forum. My problem now is with the colour of her name there. I assigned her group colour and it shows in her posts and under her avatar as orange, however, her name isn't in orange now when listed as the moderator in each forum. It's defaulting to the forum's link colour scheme. Do you know why?

Thank you so much.Smile
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 1st 2008, 10:57 pm

Hi Brad

Your welcome.

Do you mean her name is showing green on the homepage ?
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 1st 2008, 11:03 pm

Oh i see what you mean. The only way i have found to change a link colour, would change all the links to that colour, i'm not sure how to or even if you can have their names a colour on the homepage (links) without it affecting all links.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 1st 2008, 11:05 pm

akashic wrote:Hi Brad

Your welcome.

Do you mean her name is showing green on the homepage ?

No. Her assigned colour is orange for the group and her name shows in orange in lists like the member list and underneath her avatar, however, in the forum listing under moderators, it's going to the forums default link colour of light blue. Here is what I mean and also, I just noticed that it didn't really work. Now at the bottom in the legend, it's showing "[Administrators]" and [Snowbird Sue] instead of [Moderators]. It should be showing [Moderators] still in the legend at the bottom of my forum but also showing her individual name in the moderator list of each forum.

Take a look and see if you understand what I mean:

How to list individual moderators ? Exampl16

How to list individual moderators ? Exampl17
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 1st 2008, 11:12 pm

It looks like you have changed the moderators group name to a user name.

To change colour of mod group you go to :

styles > colors > then scroll down to moderators font colour and you can change the colour there.

Make sure your group is still called moderators and that snowbird is only a member of that group.

users and groups > rank administration > then where it says title it should say moderators NOT snowbird.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 1st 2008, 11:18 pm

akashic wrote:It looks like you have changed the moderators group name to a user name.

Yes I did and this was how I was able to make her name show up beside Moderator: in the forums listings. I changed it back, but when I did, now it says, Moderator: Moderators again.

A couple of weeks ago I had this all the way I wanted, It had the legend right with [moderators], her name was listed beside the Moderators list in each forum and in the colour it was supposed to be and now I can't figure out how to do this again. Sad It's very frustrating.

I thank you very much though for taking the time to try to help me however and if you can think of anything else to try, please let me know.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 1st 2008, 11:24 pm

Sorry, I just read your post again
I managed to get it to work, but what I had to do was change the name of the "Moderators" group, to the individual name of the moderator

Thats not right, you will have to change it back to moderator and make snowbird a member of that group.

Firstly change the group back to a moderator group, then go to snowbirds profile and at the bottom of her profile assign her moderator status. (where it says rank title there is a drop down box, click on moderator and then save)

Then go to group administration - click on moderators it will take you to the mods group if her name isn't showing, add her to it.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 1st 2008, 11:33 pm

akashic wrote:
Thats not right, you will have to change it back to moderator and make snowbird a member of that group.

Firstly change the group back to a moderator group, then go to snowbirds profile and at the bottom of her profile assign her moderator status. (where it says rank title there is a drop down box, click on moderator and then save)

Then go to group administration - click on moderators it will take you to the mods group if her name isn't showing, add her to it.

Hello Akashic,

Yep, I did change the name of the group back to "moderators" and she is a member of that group. She is a moderator and that is her rank, that part has never changed. She's also showing in the moderators list under groups. But after saying all of this, I'm back to square one now and still trying to change "moderators: moderators" part in the forums.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 1st 2008, 11:42 pm

can you give me a link to your forum pls

try what i said earlier now.

admin > forum > categories and forums > click the permissions (x over a tick) of any of your forums

You should then see a box with your admin names and your list of mods, click the persons name you want to be mod of that forum - don't forget to save

When you set each forum it gives you the option to assign a moderator, it appears that the forums are set to the word moderators instead of a sigle moderator. When you go to the above you will see that the last list of boxes says moderators - unclick that box and click snowbirds name.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 1st 2008, 11:44 pm

akashic wrote:can you give me a link to your forum pls

try what i said earlier now.

When you set each forum it gives you the option to assign a moderator, it appears that the forums are set to the word moderators instead of a sigle moderator. When you go to the above you will see that the last list of boxes says moderators - unclick that box and click snowbirds name.

Not sure what you mean by the underlined part.

Last edited by Brad38 on June 1st 2008, 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 1st 2008, 11:51 pm

If you go to admin > forum > categories and forums > click permissions (x over a tick) you will see permissions for that forum - who can read them who can do posts and who moderates - that sort of thing. From what you say it would appear that the last line of boxes (who moderates) you have the word moderators ticked - unclick that and click snowbirds name and then save Very Happy
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 1st 2008, 11:56 pm

akashic wrote:If you go to admin > forum > categories and forums > click permissions (x over a tick) you will see permissions for that forum - who can read them who can do posts and who moderates - that sort of thing. From what you say it would appear that the last line of boxes (who moderates) you have the word moderators ticked - unclick that and click snowbirds name and then save Very Happy

Ok, I understand now what you're saying. However, when I go into the individual permissions of the forums, there are only two categories showing Admin and Moderators, no Snowbird listed and yes, "moderators" are ticked.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 2nd 2008, 12:02 am

If snowbird is a mod and she is showing in the mods group she should be there. When you click on the second word moderator on your forum it will take you to the mod group list is her name there ?
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 2nd 2008, 12:04 am

akashic wrote:If snowbird is a mod and she is showing in the mods group she should be there. When you click on the second word moderator on your forum it will take you to the mod group list is her name there ?

Hello and yep! Smile
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 2nd 2008, 12:21 am

ok.

Go to her profile, Go to the bottom section where it says 'special admin only field'
Underneath that look at current memberships - does it say moderator and her name or only moderators ?
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 2nd 2008, 12:24 am

akashic wrote:ok.

Go to her profile, Go to the bottom section where it says 'special admin only field'
Underneath that look at current memberships - does it say moderator and her name or only moderators ?

Hello...it only says, "moderators" there under current memberships.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 2nd 2008, 12:29 am

ok click on the word moderators scroll down and you will see group members - add her as a member and press save. Then go back to her profile and where it says current membership it should say her name and moderators
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 2nd 2008, 12:35 am

akashic wrote:ok click on the word moderators scroll down and you will see group members - add her as a member and press save. Then go back to her profile and where it says current membership it should say her name and moderators

Hello Akashic....she is already listed in the moderator group there. However, there is a box to check beside her name to add to group, but when I tick the box and hit "add member", it says "member does not exist".
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 2nd 2008, 12:38 am

Hi ya

Are you typing her name as it appears on the forum, as usernames are case sensitive - anyhow if you are, try adding her as a member anyway

On my forum there are only boxes to delete the member in this section , so there must be something somewhere where she is not added to mods group properly.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 2nd 2008, 12:41 am

akashic wrote:Hi ya

Are you typing her name as it appears on the forum, as usernames are case sensitive - anyhow if you are try adding her as a member anyway

Hello, yes....I tried to tick the box and add her that way...when I did that it said "member does not exit". Then I tried to add her manually by typing her name into the box and hitting "add member", then it said "member is already a member of this group". (sigh)
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 2nd 2008, 12:45 am

hi brad Very Happy

OK, try and go to the forum thing again:

If you go to admin > forum > categories and forums > click permissions (x over a tick) you will see permissions for that forum - who can read them who can do posts and who moderates - that sort of thing. From what you say it would appear that the last line of boxes (who moderates) you have the word moderators ticked - unclick that and click snowbirds name and then save

If her name is still not showing, I would suggest removing her mod status and starting again.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 2nd 2008, 12:48 am

akashic wrote:hi brad Very Happy

OK, try and go to the forum thing again:

If you go to admin > forum > categories and forums > click permissions (x over a tick) you will see permissions for that forum - who can read them who can do posts and who moderates - that sort of thing. From what you say it would appear that the last line of boxes (who moderates) you have the word moderators ticked - unclick that and click snowbirds name and then save

If her name is still not showing, I would suggest removing her mod status and starting again.

Yes, this is what one of my forum permission pages looks like but they all look the same:

How to list individual moderators ? Exampl18

So, you think I should put her rank back to just a member then switch back to moderator and then assign the permissions again?
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 2nd 2008, 12:54 am

It might be a good idea, there must be a reason why her name is not showing, I had no problems assigning mods on my forum, and to be honest I can't think of anything else to try. She is showing in the mod groups as my mods do, but my mods names appear in the pic above, so all I do it click their name to make them mod of that forum.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 2nd 2008, 12:59 am

akashic wrote:It might be a good idea, there must be a reason why her name is not showing, I had no problems assigning mods on my forum, and to be honest I can't think of anything else to try. She is showing in the mod groups as my mods do, but my mods names appear in the pic above, so all I do it click their name to make them mod of that forum.

Hi Akashic,

Ok, I will try to unmod her and then remod her and hope it works. I REALLY TRULY appreciate all the time you've spent trying to help me and I just want to get it to work like it did before. I've been tweaking, modifying and fine tuning my forum to death for weeks and I'm not done yet!

Wish me luck and I will let you know if I get it to work...Thank you again very much for all the assistance.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next