The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

if i have a forum on phpbb can i buy a domain name on another site and transfer the name to my site?

2 posters

Go down

if i have a forum on phpbb can i buy a domain name on another site and transfer the name to my site? Empty if i have a forum on phpbb can i buy a domain name on another site and transfer the name to my site?

Post by buzzay June 24th 2008, 12:34 am

can i?
buzzay
Forumember

Language : engish

Back to top Go down

if i have a forum on phpbb can i buy a domain name on another site and transfer the name to my site? Empty Re: if i have a forum on phpbb can i buy a domain name on another site and transfer the name to my site?

Post by CANADIEN June 24th 2008, 3:31 am

Yes. You can buy a domain and either mask or forward it to your forumotion site. For example, if your site was https://help.forumotion.com , you could buy the domain www.help.com and forward it so that it takes you to your own forum, in this case this one.
CANADIEN
CANADIEN
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1312
Language : English, French

Back to top Go down

if i have a forum on phpbb can i buy a domain name on another site and transfer the name to my site? Empty Re: if i have a forum on phpbb can i buy a domain name on another site and transfer the name to my site?

Post by buzzay June 24th 2008, 9:08 am

can you tell me some good places to get a cheap one?
buzzay
Forumember

Language : engish

Back to top Go down

Post by CANADIEN June 24th 2008, 5:30 pm

Well, theres many. You can just search the web. Or theres godaddy, which is really good.
CANADIEN
CANADIEN
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1312
Language : English, French

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum