The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Users Disabling Avatars

2 posters

Go down

Users Disabling Avatars Empty Users Disabling Avatars

Post by MTCEFC October 22nd 2005, 3:01 am

Is there a way for the users of a forum to hide peopls#s avatars, i have set up a forum and one of my members has asked because the pictures might catch his boss' attention when he is using the forum at work.

Any help would be appreciated
MTCEFC

Back to top Go down

Users Disabling Avatars Empty Re: Users Disabling Avatars

Post by Cornelia October 22nd 2005, 7:16 am

We cannot disable everyone's avatar in one click, but you can :

-Disable the avatar glallery (Admin panel > General Admin > Configuration > Avatar setting > Enable gallery avatars > No
-Disable members' avatar individually (Admin panel > User admin > Management > you enter a username > Special admin only field > Can display an avatar > No

Have a nice day!

Katt
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by MTCEFC October 23rd 2005, 1:35 am

Thanks for the help, just one more question, how do you delete whole topics at once, i have tried looking everywhere and i cant find it.

Is the only way to delete it post by post?
MTCEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia October 23rd 2005, 2:53 am

One whole topic : Enter in the topic, go at the bottom, you will see 5 buttons : one for moving, one for deleting, one for merging, one for splitting and one for locking. Keep your cursor on one of these buttons just one or two seconds and you will see which one to use.

A group of topics : To be able to do that, you must give yourself the moderation permissions for the section where you want to delete a group of topics (Admin panel > User admin > Permissions > type your username > beside the section where you want to delete a group of topics, set to "Is modéretor" > Submit.

After that, go to the section where you are now Moderator, go at the bottom of the list of topics, at the right of the last catetory background bar image (like the grey bars here), there is a + icon. Click on this icon and then click on "You can moderate this forum" Now, you can moderate a group of topics.

Good night

Katt
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia November 4th 2006, 5:16 am

No news, good news + obsolete infos Arrow Garbage
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum