The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post notifications

2 posters

Go down

Post notifications Empty Post notifications

Post by scottj1119 July 6th 2008, 2:12 am

I co-administer a forumotion board called BAMR ( Bay Area Maxi Riders ).

We recently moved to this forum from a Yahoo groups format. One feature that people were asking for with the new forum was to be notified by email when a new post was made, or if a reply to a post was made. In the old Yahoo groups, this was an option for all member profiles.

So, we found with these forums that administrators can elect to get notified of new posts or replys, but general members don't have that option in their profiles.

I was able to implement the notification by using Outlook and forwarding. I read my administrator emails using Outlook, so I created a new rule to forward the notifications that I receive from the forum to all of the members who provided emails in their profile. One fine tuning that I had to do was to change the rule to exclude PM notifications so that my PM notifications weren't also forwarded to the group.

As we add members to our forum, I will have to keep updating the rule to add new members, but for now, it works well for us.

Just thought I would share this tip if anyone else is looking do to the same thing.

Scott
scottj1119

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post notifications Empty Re: Post notifications

Post by Jophy March 28th 2013, 5:37 am

Post notifications Light-bulb-icon Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestion which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Unclear Suggestions

Locked & Garbaged

Post notifications Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down