The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The list of moderators listed beneath each of my forums has reverted to Moderator: Moderators

5 posters

Go down

The list of moderators listed beneath each of my forums has reverted to Moderator: Moderators Empty The list of moderators listed beneath each of my forums has reverted to Moderator: Moderators

Post by tali July 9th 2008, 2:56 am

Hi.
I can usually just hit search and find a quick fix to any problem I have. This one, not so. I've always had my moderators names listed beneath the forums they are moderating. When I logged in today it just says Moderators beneath.

I have it set to show moderators under Display -> Structures and Heirarchy
The group "Moderators" is set to closed and not hidden.
The only thing I've done since it went from dispalying my mods to only showing the title Moderator is add two more moderators.

I feel that it's something very simple that I'm just over looking and can't seem to find by using search. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by tali on July 9th 2008, 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
tali

Language : English

Back to top Go down

The list of moderators listed beneath each of my forums has reverted to Moderator: Moderators Empty Re: The list of moderators listed beneath each of my forums has reverted to Moderator: Moderators

Post by sweet_potato July 9th 2008, 3:02 am

I coudn't get you lol.

please clarify ur question so we can help you..
sweet_potato
sweet_potato
Forumember

Female Posts : 359
Language : english

http://www.dcboard.tk/

Back to top Go down

The list of moderators listed beneath each of my forums has reverted to Moderator: Moderators Empty Re: The list of moderators listed beneath each of my forums has reverted to Moderator: Moderators

Post by tali July 9th 2008, 3:07 am

Basically beneath each of my boards forums. It listed the name of the moderators who, well, moderated each forum. This morning it somehow reverted back to saying Moderator: Moderators instead of Moderator: User name. Trying to fix it.

I have it set to show moderators under Display -> Structures and Heirarchy
The group "Moderators" is set to closed and not hidden.

Must be something simple I am missing.
tali

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_potato July 9th 2008, 3:30 am

So you want to display the user or mod who moderate that certain category?

you can set ..

Go to panel==> User and Groups==> Group Administration==>

Select the group permision..

And it will display at ur site cateory/forum

If u wasn't able to get it.. pm me
sweet_potato
sweet_potato
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by tali July 9th 2008, 3:35 am

sweet_potato wrote:So you want to display the user or mod who moderate that certain category?

you can set ..

Go to panel==> User and Groups==> Group Administration==>

Select the group permision..

And it will display at ur site cateory/forum

If u wasn't able to get it.. pm me

That's the thing. I'm set there. Allowed access and Is Moderator is checked off beneath the forums for my group called "Moderator". This group consists of five people. Yesterday it consisted of three. I added two others to it and now the names do not show. It only says Moderators: Moderator. And Moderator isn't even the color red which I use to distinquish this group. However each of my five mods still retain their red name in posts and in the member list.
tali

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_potato July 9th 2008, 3:40 am

Give me the links of ur forum i will try to acces it..
sweet_potato
sweet_potato
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by tali July 9th 2008, 3:47 am

sweet_potato wrote:Give me the links of ur forum i will try to acces it..

http://azalus.net/index.htm
tali

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_potato July 9th 2008, 3:50 am

okie thanks
sweet_potato
sweet_potato
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by talhun69 July 16th 2008, 9:57 am

So, what was the problem, and were you able to fix it? I am having exactly the same problem Moderator: Moderator...not Moderator: User Names....

Can you please post the fix here, thx
talhun69
talhun69

Male Posts : 3

http://kando.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by batmansblonde July 29th 2008, 6:01 am

Yes Please post here, me too!
batmansblonde

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus July 29th 2008, 6:08 am

I see what you're talking about - your legend just says "Moderator". That is correct. Your individual moderators will appear in red in the members online area. If you set your groups up correctly, that is profileright

IOW, the "legend" only displays the groups you have created - not the members of the group.
If you are asking why each forum does not have a "Moderator" showing, the only other thing I could suggest would be to make sure that under Display/Homepage/Structure & Hierarchy, that "display forum moderators" is checked YES.

If I'm not understanding your question, feel free to clarify better.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down