The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making my Forum URL - www.forums.warc.us

2 posters

Go down

Making my Forum URL - www.forums.warc.us Empty Making my Forum URL - www.forums.warc.us

Post by W00tbeer1 August 23rd 2008, 9:55 pm

Hello everybody,

I own the domain http://www.warc.us, and I use Forumotion for my Forums. Please, I have purchased DNS Managed on N4me.eu, how do I make my forum forums.warc.us instead of warc.niceboards.org.

Please put it into the most simplist terms.

Thank you!

Last edited by W00tbeer1 on August 25th 2008, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
W00tbeer1
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Making my Forum URL - www.forums.warc.us Empty Re: Making my Forum URL - www.forums.warc.us

Post by zakir321 August 23rd 2008, 10:08 pm

Hello, there is a tutorial available for that problem, it can be found here. If something remains unclear, please feel free to ask again. Wink
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Making my Forum URL - www.forums.warc.us Empty Re: Making my Forum URL - www.forums.warc.us

Post by W00tbeer1 August 24th 2008, 12:19 am

Wait, so you have to pay money to switch the domain name? How much is it?

EDIT: Oh wow, not even worth it. I guess I'm going to another site.

Thanks for everything Forumotion! Very Happy
W00tbeer1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 24th 2008, 2:03 am

You don't have to purchase a domain from forumotion if you have already one. As described in the tutorial above, you just have to create the CNAME entry for the respective subdomain in your domain admin panel, so that for example forum.yourdomain.com links to your board.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by W00tbeer1 August 24th 2008, 4:17 am

Phew...thank goodness. I love Forumotion.

Okay, I got to my CNAME options and I see the following screen. Could you help me on what to fill in? I think I know the first one, but just to be sure Razz

Making my Forum URL - www.forums.warc.us 2mzwk7m

Thanks a Ton! Is there anything after this that I need to do?
W00tbeer1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 24th 2008, 2:26 pm

Haven't ever worked with that admin panel, so I'm not entirely sure, probably you have to create a subdomain first, before you can set the CNAME properly. This page seems to only redirect the whole domain, or do I overlook something? Is there an option to create subdomains somewhere in your admin panel?

Otherwise it might probably be helpful if you contact their support service...
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by W00tbeer1 August 24th 2008, 4:33 pm

Sunny_D wrote:Haven't ever worked with that admin panel, so I'm not entirely sure, probably you have to create a subdomain first, before you can set the CNAME properly. This page seems to only redirect the whole domain, or do I overlook something? Is there an option to create subdomains somewhere in your admin panel?

Otherwise it might probably be helpful if you contact their support service...

Yeah, on my webhosting I have the option to create a subdomain. Here is what it looks like:

Making my Forum URL - www.forums.warc.us 2ebworo

Any Ideas? Sad
W00tbeer1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by W00tbeer1 August 25th 2008, 4:48 pm

Bump - Does anybody know how to do this? If you don't know, just tell me. Thanks! Very Happy
W00tbeer1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 August 26th 2008, 5:45 pm

Hello again,

if you create this subdomain, don't you have the option somewhere now to set a CNAME for that specific subdomain? I don't know where in your admin panel, but that's what you have to do. Probably you should ask at their support site for details and how-to's. Smile
zakir321

Back to top Go down