The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

making forum widgets to only appear on main page?

2 posters

Go down

making forum widgets to only appear on main page? Empty making forum widgets to only appear on main page?

Post by RCMZ September 6th 2008, 9:09 am

Is there a way or a code or something i can do to only make the forum widgets visible on the main page and not when viewing a category or a forum?
RCMZ
Forumember

Language : English

View user profile http://mytestforum.activebb.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

making forum widgets to only appear on main page? Empty Re: making forum widgets to only appear on main page?

Post by Guest September 6th 2008, 9:11 am

Hello,

Do you mean a portal? If so, to activate the portal go to Admin Panel > Modules > Portal.

Back to top Go down

making forum widgets to only appear on main page? Empty Re: making forum widgets to only appear on main page?

Post by RCMZ September 6th 2008, 9:13 am

no not the portal, there is portal widgets and forum widgets. it should be explained easy enough to understand.
RCMZ
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 6th 2008, 9:15 am

What is your main page? Is your main page your Index page or your Portal Page?

Please be more specific with what you want to achieve.

Back to top Go down

Post by RCMZ September 6th 2008, 9:21 am

no, i dont have a portal.

what else do i need to be more specific about. if u know what a forum widget it than, that is as specific as it gets. u know they appear on every page, not just the index, but all. and what im asking is if i can get it to ONLY appear on the index (main forum) page, and not any of the others, such as categories and forums. which im sure you know what a category and forum is too.
RCMZ
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 6th 2008, 9:58 am

Right, that's much better and more descriptive. There is no way you can do this. Forum widgets appear on all pages of your forum, including the forums and the threads. The only thing I can suggest is you try to, if you can, add the widget code to the the Homepage message.

There's no need for the wise a** remarks either, thank you very much

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 September 6th 2008, 4:25 pm

Unfortunately that is not entirely correct. Razz

There is a way to hide them everywhere but on the index if your forum is in version phpBB3. Please read this topic: [LINK]. Wink
zakir321

Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 6th 2008, 11:31 pm

Sunny_D wrote:Unfortunately that is not entirely correct. Razz

There is a way to hide them everywhere but on the index if your forum is in version phpBB3. Please read this topic: [LINK]. Wink
Silly me. I never knew it could be done using phpBB3. Sorry for my inconvenience. Embarassed

Edit (Sunny) : Not a problem. I had actually quite a hard time myself finding that post again. Forgot to update the FAQ. Razz

Back to top Go down