The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I hide fora from other groups?

2 posters

Go down

How do I hide fora from other groups? Empty How do I hide fora from other groups?

Post by Yarn September 25th 2008, 3:18 pm

I have a Forum with multiple (hidden) usergroups set up, but i want certain fora to be only viewable to specific usergroups. But when i edit the permissions of a forum all the groups have read and write permission and the tickboxes are greyed out ...

So how do i do this ??

to be sure you get the idea:
I want forum A to be only read- and writeable by group a, forum B by group b, etc. I would want it to be a single account, since some members of group a can be members of group b, but not all of them. And creating different FreeFora for different groups would mean some users would have to remember 10 different passwords, etc.

If you have any clues as to how to do this, i'd really appreciate a reply.
Yarn

Language : dutch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do I hide fora from other groups? Empty Re: How do I hide fora from other groups?

Post by NOBLE CANADIAN September 25th 2008, 9:53 pm

Hello,

By the sound of it, it seems like you have 'Guests' and 'Member' boxes ticked. For a private section, make sure that these are unchecked; otherwise it will assume that you want everyone to have access. Having these "public" groups checked will cause the panel to disable the custom group permissions because they aren't necessary.
NOBLE CANADIAN
NOBLE CANADIAN
Forumember

Male Posts : 176
Language : English

View user profile http://tdmclan.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

How do I hide fora from other groups? Empty Re: How do I hide fora from other groups?

Post by Yarn September 27th 2008, 12:07 am

Great stuff!! That did the trick ... amazing how one tickbox can make the difference. Thanks a bunch Canadian!
Yarn

Language : dutch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NOBLE CANADIAN September 27th 2008, 12:26 am

No problem, sometimes it's the simple things that we least suspect.
NOBLE CANADIAN
NOBLE CANADIAN
Forumember

Male Posts : 176
Language : English

View user profile http://tdmclan.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down