The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

internet explorer

5 posters

Go down

internet explorer Empty internet explorer

Post by Guest September 30th 2008, 9:17 pm

number of bad coding it's getting abit silly now, i think you need to install internet explorer and see for yourself, people like me who hate firefox want to see our or other forums properly.........

the widgets are look well dodgy
and you can only see half of the forum icons

Mad

Last edited by spook on September 30th 2008, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

internet explorer Empty Re: internet explorer

Post by spiritcharms September 30th 2008, 9:35 pm

I agree with that comment, it does look like the forum bugs are all being fixed with looking at it with firefox, and not being checked with IE, i had a lot more issue's with my forum when i looked at it with IE, even now the widgets or all uneven.. It works perfectly with Firefox though

I love firefox, and not IE, but thats not the point, a lot of people here in the uk still use IE so it needs to work properly with both Very Happy In fact ive had to put a post on my forum to tell people that my site works best with Firefox.
spiritcharms
spiritcharms
Forumember

Female Posts : 289
Language : English

http://spiritcharms.nice-topics.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 30th 2008, 10:51 pm

IE7 has now been loaded with a new fix to rectify a list of issues including .png,transparency, CSS recognition and template recognition however i would state that you MUST update to IE7 in order to view your forum fully
Anything below that wont display the forum properly

Keep in mind the reason that IE8 is taking so long to complete is because Microsoft Internet Explorer was found with more than 50 faults, display issues and security issues and the Beta of IE8 wasn't even close to satisfactory,

I use my PC in work to view my forum and because the company wont update to IE7 half the forum is warped, I use IE7 in my house and it looks brilliant!

Firefox isn't perfect and nor are the programmers on forumotion but just bare in mind IE has always had issues displaying certain styles of coding and will continue to have issues until IE8 is complete

regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon October 1st 2008, 4:48 am

IE is terrible. Why would anyone want to use it? Use Safari or something if your bent on not using FF
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 1st 2008, 8:56 am

Brandon wrote:IE is terrible. Why would anyone want to use it? Use Safari or something if your bent on not using FF
what a pointless post!!!! i use ie because it better

Placehold wrote:IE7 has now been loaded with a new fix to rectify a list of issues including .png,transparency, CSS recognition and template recognition however i would state that you MUST update to IE7 in order to view your forum fully
Anything below that wont display the forum properly

Keep in mind the reason that IE8 is taking so long to complete is because Microsoft Internet Explorer was found with more than 50 faults, display issues and security issues and the Beta of IE8 wasn't even close to satisfactory,

I use my PC in work to view my forum and because the company wont update to IE7 half the forum is warped, I use IE7 in my house and it looks brilliant!

Firefox isn't perfect and nor are the programmers on forumotion but just bare in mind IE has always had issues displaying certain styles of coding and will continue to have issues until IE8 is complete

these problems only started yesturday. i dont have any problem using IE7 with any other website just forums on forumotion.

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabear October 1st 2008, 10:08 am

it doesn't matter what we think is better or not. The fact remains that there are a lot of folk who still us IE6 and if they are browsing and come across your forum and it looks like a pile of trash, they will move on without registering.
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Female Posts : 528

http://todgrow.forumandco.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 1st 2008, 5:02 pm

actually i think it just be a case of people updating and making sure they have the proper settings on,installed and enabled. i rarely use FireFox my self. but mine is always up to par and have no problems at all viewing forumotion or any other sites in that matter.

so for all y'all firefoxers out there? just make sure the settings and updates are indeed updated.. that's about the only thing i can think of???

and what ever browser a person may like or use? things should work period.
updating is key my friends.. or at least we can hope.. lol.
dang computers.
you can live with them.. but really S...K'S with out em.

anyway.
hope that helps cool-blue

What a Face 31 days till Halloween What a Face
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 1st 2008, 5:23 pm

nothing wrong with my setting at all if you look around you will found that there alot of people having the same problem.....................

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 1st 2008, 5:58 pm

spook wrote:nothing wrong with my setting at all if you look around you will found that there alot of people having the same problem.....................

yea..
well hopefully if it is a case of something forumotion has to work out they will get it.
after all i have bin noticing others that are still experiencing minor and some major issues.believe me if there was a way i could help or solve the problem i surely would indeed. but i'm kind of stumped and it seems like something only the techs can fix

anyway hope everything comes around and fixed for all that are still having problems.. i was having some crazy stuff happening with me the other day. but that was just something to do with me and my computer on my end.. things are great when they work. but when they dont it surely bites.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by happi6 November 27th 2008, 4:19 am

Well I can add to this problem now, my site will not show atall in internet explorer, anyone got any idea as to why? coz its driving me simple now. I have a tab on my site for users to download firefox but if they happen to be using IE then they wont even find my site to be able to see the dam link for downloading firefox. What the ...
happi6

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum