The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumotion and its future

+21
Brandon
paint
MrMario
Darren1
ECarminan15
astrodene
Adiex
Christos
ChadmStraight
Beno
timsmrs1
Caihlem
Shadow
ce-hub
Doctor Inferno
Nessa
Splytte
xxxVIPERxxx
Cherry Blossom
Jalokim
RikaComet
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Forumotion and its future Empty Forumotion and its future

Post by Guest October 16th 2008, 4:15 pm

From this link: https://www.forumotion.com/

You see it stated:

What else can you expect from a free forum creation service? Everything! From powerful cutting-edge features, to intuitive designing tools!

Now lets keep this civil! I want to have the powers that be keep this open for discussion.

The "cutting edge features" bit is what really gets me. I am not trying to degrade the company but where are these features?

There are many new users signing up with forumotion thinking there are these features and then all hell breaks loose when they see that there aren't any. They then suggest things and nothing happens.

I understand there was a "shortage" of tech for a bit, but I mean wow, where is a update of these cutting edge features?

I am sure the company see a bright future but the lack of communication is what is holding it back.

A topic in this forum titled, "Next update features" and list what you are working on for that update. Anyone who keeps posting about where is the update why is it taking so long gets slapped and warned! This would satisfy many many folks.

Typlo, please strongly consider this idea of posting this topic outlined above!

Anyone who starts getting stupid will cause me to activate my mod powers and open a can of ***** ***

Back to top Go down

Forumotion and its future Empty Re: Forumotion and its future

Post by RikaComet October 16th 2008, 4:54 pm

hmmm ..you know your right! I don't want to critisize or anything but seriously this is misleading people a bit!

Note: Mods and admin... you may think that this thing belongs in suggestion section , but the fact is this is general and should be openly discussed a bit so as to stop direct negates PM'd to you... don't mind me for it but forummotion should seriously look into this

I also feel what Kilsek is referring ... common tell me Typlo what are these
so called "Cutting edge features"
RikaComet
RikaComet
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1536
Language : English , Hindi , Arabic , Urdu, Japenese , Punjabi , German

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim October 16th 2008, 5:03 pm

ooooh... kilsek ... a low blow ... hit straight into the ... .. .. . .. . yeah

Nothing like using their own words against them
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 16th 2008, 8:03 pm

Like I said I would like this to be an open discussion to discuss Forumotion's future like grown adults like many of us here are.

No low blow intended.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom October 16th 2008, 9:52 pm

I think its important to allow member to talk about issues. as long as its done in a mature and healthy manner.

I am eager to get the answers to kilsek's post.
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Female Posts : 996
Language : English

http://cherrydesigns.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by xxxVIPERxxx October 17th 2008, 12:01 am

Same here! Very misleading, but, since I've been here, I've been mislead, ignored, and berated, had lots of board down times, and the list goes on, so it really doesn't suprise me seeing things like that posted, and not fullfilled.

Enjoy!
xxxVIPERxxx
xxxVIPERxxx
Forumember

Male Posts : 317
Language : Opinionated, English & Army

http://www.sgtlegend.com/LightFighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 17th 2008, 12:25 am

xxxVIPERxxx wrote:Same here! Very misleading, but, since I've been here, I've been mislead, ignored, and berated, had lots of board down times, and the list goes on, so it really doesn't suprise me seeing things like that posted, and not fullfilled.

Enjoy!

We are here to talk about Forumotion. If you are referring to your graphics requests, well take a look at some of your posts in the requests.

Now lets keep this civil and on topic!

Back to top Go down

Post by xxxVIPERxxx October 17th 2008, 12:33 am

That's only some of it Kilsek, and it is civil. But since you want to pick at what I post, here goes!

Mods are non existant. You give nothing that no other service already provides.
Every update since I've been here was a massive pile of ....
Almost every weekend, like clockwork, something eff's up and makes boards malfunction, or what not.
Techs are pretty much non existant.
Support is very, very slow.
Alot of the decent requested features have been denied.
Who cares about an update that allows you to do and icon, when there was already a code that allowed it to be done.
Shout box was working fine, then you go and change it, and IMO it's a pile of ..... now.
Need I go on?

And FYI, this is civil. Want me to get uncivil I can.
Razz
xxxVIPERxxx
xxxVIPERxxx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom October 17th 2008, 12:45 am

xxxVIPERxxx you are so rude and your not being civil. and those issues have been brought up in other topics
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by xxxVIPERxxx October 17th 2008, 12:50 am

NOW, I\'m going to be rude...You Gen X\'ers are just a bunch of xxxxxxx, wanna be cry babies and if anybody disagree\'s with you, you spout off calling us rude, obnoxious, xxxxxxxx, and what ever the xxxx else you want.

So, I\'ll tell you now, I\'m glad I\'m not part of your generation, because in my time, what you just posted, saying I wasn\'t civil would have gotten your teeth punched clear down to your xxxxxxx!

Edit Nessa: Profanity Removed

Last edited by Nessa on October 17th 2008, 1:04 am; edited 2 times in total
xxxVIPERxxx
xxxVIPERxxx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom October 17th 2008, 12:54 am

and that my friend just proved my point lol
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Splytte October 17th 2008, 12:55 am

You won't have an adult talk on a 12-year-old-average board.. Try again Wink

-=~Splytte~=-
Splytte
Splytte
Forumember

Female Posts : 753
Language : French, English, Dutch, Spanish, German, Japanese, Chinese (Beginner).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 17th 2008, 12:57 am

we are getting alot of kids on here these days,

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom October 17th 2008, 12:59 am

plus viper my husband is only 7 years younger than u so well in "ur generation" and he even thinks ur rude
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 17th 2008, 1:00 am

xxxVIPERxxx wrote:Want me to get uncivil I can.

you might want to re-think civil. Confused

but I think that forumotion DOES have features that no-one else has, they just have some features that they lack.

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom October 17th 2008, 1:03 am

dragonfir731 wrote:

but I think that forumotion DOES have features that no-one else has, they just have some features that they lack.

Drag~

Yep i total agree with that.

there are a lot of feature and don't say there isn't coz you all use forumotion so there must be a reason you use it. but there are a lot of things that need improving with FM
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa October 17th 2008, 1:14 am

xxxVIPERxxx Please refrain from using such language like that here again.

As if any topic created by Kilsek doesn't make my leary enough, it is random posts like the ones above Flaming /Going Off topic that will get this topic locked.

I will ask you all kindly once again to please keep it respectful in here and let's stay on topic. Wink

Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 17th 2008, 1:15 am

Just so you know I am 39, older than you.

xxxVIPERxxx wrote:That's only some of it Kilsek, and it is civil. But since you want to pick at what I post, here goes!

Mods are non existant. You give nothing that no other service already provides.
Every update since I've been here was a massive pile of ....
Almost every weekend, like clockwork, something eff's up and makes boards malfunction, or what not.
Techs are pretty much non existant.
Support is very, very slow.
Alot of the decent requested features have been denied.
Who cares about an update that allows you to do and icon, when there was already a code that allowed it to be done.
Shout box was working fine, then you go and change it, and IMO it's a pile of ..... now.
Need I go on?

And FYI, this is civil. Want me to get uncivil I can.
Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 17th 2008, 1:19 am

Nessa wrote:xxxVIPERxxx Please refrain from using such language like that here again.

As if any topic created by Kilsek doesn't make my leary enough, it is random posts like the ones above Flaming /Going Off topic that will get this topic locked.

I will ask you all kindly once again to please keep it respectful in here and let's stay on topic. Wink

And why would I make you leary? I am but a school girl............

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno October 17th 2008, 3:31 am

I wouldn't like liars... I'd say forumotion must speak the truth.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 17th 2008, 3:51 am

well I think that the admins here are not intentionaly liars. They just are not told enough about things so that when members ask a question and get no answer, they go and rant about how their question did not recive a reply. Then the staff dont know what to do.

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by ce-hub October 17th 2008, 6:52 am

hey guys calm down, why are this complains still insist?
its natural and it would goes as long as theres a lot who will think persistantly unpatient. i have been through a lot of kind's of forums, and this was just the one who offers a lot of features, the only matter is it indeed offers alot neither its still not enough for everyone to make there wishes fullfill, like laxury if its free then everyone will get it for free and still ask for more...

and well... just to share my own oppinion on "why we are here?", were here to learn new skills on the net, share idias knowledge and oppinions, ask for guidance and as well as best tip, on what we are capable of sharing. isnt this just the odd idia on how this tought is being civil?

no need to persist continous complains for any errors, for it has also taken a big consideration to be corrected and so as improve. thats what there up for!, tech's and staff's were there to resolve problems and errors as well as future advancement.
ce-hub
ce-hub
Forumember

Male Posts : 297
Language : english

http://friendster-network.forumc.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 17th 2008, 10:00 am

Hi there,

As said :
I understand there was a "shortage" of tech for a bit

Now the team is getting bigger, so updates will be getting bigger.
We are planning to launch a truly big update in the next weeks, followed by 2 others breakthrough updates within the next 3 months.

I can't reveal the exact content of the updates, but it will surely please a majority of people, a few tips will be posted prior to the updates in the next weeks, so you'll need to be vigilant and stay tuned to get any new informations on what's coming next Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem October 17th 2008, 10:20 am

Kilsek wrote:And why would I make you leary? I am but a school girl............

and any SchoolGirl worthy of the name needs her uniform Forumotion and its future Redface
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno October 17th 2008, 11:42 am

Typlo wrote:Hi there,

As said :

We are planning to launch a truly big update in the next weeks, followed by 2 others breakthrough updates within the next 3 months.

I can't reveal the exact content of the updates, but it will surely please a majority of people, a few tips will be posted prior to the updates in the next weeks, so you'll need to be vigilant and stay tuned to get any new informations on what's coming next Wink

ahh... Now you're talkin! Cool
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RikaComet October 17th 2008, 11:43 am

Hooo hoo ho huhohi Now i can't help to think what these updates are...
I have bit of Idea of what they are ,.... for example umm there will be options for setting a calender event above poll in new topic page
RikaComet
RikaComet
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1536
Language : English , Hindi , Arabic , Urdu, Japenese , Punjabi , German

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim October 17th 2008, 1:19 pm

Typlo wrote:Hi there,

As said :

actually ... I am staff around here, have been for a while...now I'm not to active in the other forums as I'm not a moderator there... but I try to help in the manage your appearnace and the graphics requests as much as I can. I know that of late I haven't been much help... but thats due to personal issues and the start of my theming site. But remmeber that I was the only gfx staff member on the board all of june and july ... kinda need a break too...
I speak for us all (staff members) when I say ... the support isn't imidiate, but I do believe it is fast... so i don't wish to hear comments about the speed. Some questions are not answered because a couple posts down the exact same question is asked.

Only now forumotion is getting back on track with updates ... but give the techies a bit more time? I realize that its frustrating especially since a popular suggestion is waiting its second year, without answer. But i beleive the techies are going to do a bit more now... at the end of the day customer satisfaction is important, and I bet thats what forumotion wants.

Comming to Typlo's message ... honestly I think its really useless. Sorry Typlo, even though I am staff I'm taking the members position on this one... You posted that a update is comming and 2 more ... that is really insightful...

I think the staff should stop hiding behind a wall and just inform the members as soon as something is being done... I know we as staff get an early sneak peek... I also know that at this time you ask us ...what to change , what doesn't work, what to add... I think the staff's opinion is not enough !
the members can sometimes suggest something really important.

I think its time to break the ice and forget about disappointing members!!!
I think its better to say, next week we gonna install the theme changer and in 2 weeks time the cash mod (these suggestions are not real... i made them up to show what i mean... i do not know what updates are coming out)...
and the members would be informed, and could prepare themselves ... and if the mod works ... or if it don't , I think its important that the members know about this... at least to show that we working on it...

Its no use saying in a week a new update and "a truly big update" cos somethings are more important ot others as we saw in the last update masacre.
In my honest opinion... i love what teh techies do... but they should also talk about it ...
Telling me that somethign might come out, and lets say it doesn't is ten times better than not saying anything at all.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom October 17th 2008, 1:57 pm

Jalokim i agree with every word u said. Thank u for thinking of it from our point of view.

oh and if the update is what i have been told it is very few will be excited. I don't mean that to sound nasty but what i have been told is coming isn't needed.
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 17th 2008, 2:09 pm

Caihlem wrote:
and any SchoolGirl worthy of the name needs her uniform

Read the opriginal post there slick:

Anyone who starts getting stupid will cause me to activate my mod powers and open a can of ***** ***

Totally agree with the perspective of Jalokim!

Jalokim wrote:

I think the staff should stop hiding behind a wall and just inform the members as soon as something is being done... I know we as staff get an early sneak peek... I also know that at this time you ask us ...what to change , what doesn't work, what to add... I think the staff's opinion is not enough !
the members can sometimes suggest something really important.

I think its time to break the ice and forget about disappointing members!!!
I think its better to say, next week we gonna install the theme changer and in 2 weeks time the cash mod (these suggestions are not real... i made them up to show what i mean... i do not know what updates are coming out)...
and the members would be informed, and could prepare themselves ... and if the mod works ... or if it don't , I think its important that the members know about this... at least to show that we working on it...

Its no use saying in a week a new update and "a truly big update" cos somethings are more important ot others as we saw in the last update masacre.
In my honest opinion... i love what teh techies do... but they should also talk about it ...
Telling me that somethign might come out, and lets say it doesn't is ten times better than not saying anything at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 17th 2008, 2:28 pm

i'm going agree with Jalokim too Smile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next