The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to make the skins to auto fit any screen resolution?

2 posters

Go down

How to make the skins to auto fit any screen resolution? Empty How to make the skins to auto fit any screen resolution?

Post by pepperpot October 21st 2008, 4:32 am

Ok... this is not necessarily a request... but it has to do with the skin designs and seeing that I can't post in the main section of "Graphic design section" forum, well..... Neutral If I posted in the wrong section I apologize before hand as I do not know where else to post this Razz

I have notice that most of the skins already created do not auto fit at any screen resolution being use and was wondering what is needed to edit so as to make my selected one to auto-fit.

Panning left to right is one of the no-no’s I read when it comes to web designing and when I am on the road I use my small screen laptop. I just hate the left to right pan How to make the skins to auto fit any screen resolution? Whistle

Thank you for any inputs you may have
pepperpot

Language : English, Spanish

Back to top Go down

How to make the skins to auto fit any screen resolution? Empty Re: How to make the skins to auto fit any screen resolution?

Post by Jalokim October 21st 2008, 2:56 pm

You should have posted in the display management forum a couple clicks up...

To have proper displays of your forum background... its best not to use a big image... they are heavy and create problems when browsing on different resolutions.

its best to use CSS classes like repeat-x or repeat-y to "stretch" your css independant of screen resolution.
You also need to consider css positioning when you want a bigger image background
Most skins on hitskin are done by normal members, and 90% of those these don't even use the CSS, and they don't consider other resoultions... they only make the theme work on their own resolution.

I know I take the liberty of making my themes work on all resolutions...even if it mean letting go of some really nice effects...

You need to find a properly made theme to be satisfied with it, and use the CSS to improve the theme.

I'll lock this now, as this thread is practically answered and its int he wrong section
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down